02-10-2011 until 04-18-2025
Code of Conduct Agreement (COCA). PLEASE READ!
If you want the cliff notes version of the rules, here they are: Be Nice. Treat others as you would like to be treated. Help each other. Don't curse the darkness, rather, light a candle. Dave Smith
We are in the process of adding a Code of Conduct (COCA) to the signup rules. In the meantime, please be advised that the mods on this site will enforce the rules, including, but not limited to, those listed below. TheFactoryFiveForum.com reserves the right to modify these rules at any time. Please read the following, and keep them in mind as you visit and participate here at TheFactoryFiveForum.com.
The Factory Five Forum Code of Conduct Agreement (COCA)
Use of our forums constitutes acceptance and agreement to our Forum Code of Conduct Agreement (COCA) and user Agreement. If you violate the COCA or User Agreement, we reserve the right to terminate all accounts belonging to you without prior notice. We prefer to advise users of inappropriate behavior, however, flagrant and repeated violations of our COCA will result in an immediate ban. Our failure to enforce this policy, for whatever reason, shall not be construed as a waiver of our right to do so at any time.
Use the COCA to provide a basic understanding of what's allowed and not allowed in our forums. The following are the principle guidelines for the establishment and enforcement of our COCA:
* Ensure a friendly atmosphere to our visitors and forum members
* Ensure the privacy of our members and that of others
* Comply with existing laws
* Encourage responsible use of our forums and discourage activities which disrupt our community and reduce the value of our services to our visitors
* Encourage the freedom of expression and exchange of information in a mature and responsible manner
What about free-speech?
While we are committed to the principles of free speech, certain activities may be damaging to the resources of both TheFactoryFiveForum and our communities and cannot be permitted under the guise of free speech. The resources of the forum are limited, and abuse of these resources by one user has a negative impact on the entire community.
As a member of our vast forum community, you must participate responsibly. If you have any questions regarding our COCA, please contact any of our forum moderators via email.
Violations of the FFF COCA.
It is extremely important for you to understand that this section of our Code of Conduct isn’t designed to cover everything. We may take action — issue a warning, ban your account(s) and/or IP addresses, delete/edit your post(s)/thread(s), etc. — if your conduct at TheFactoryFiveForum is counterproductive to the Code of Conduct’s principle guidelines.
Unauthorized access / Forum Security
The following actions are strictly prohibited:
* Accessing, or attempting to access, the accounts of other users
* Exploiting, or attempting to exploit, bugs, vulnerabilities, or loopholes; whether they are disclosed or undisclosed
* Penetrating, or attempting to penetrate, security measures of TheFactoryFiveForum's software or hardware, or electronic communications system
All intrusions will subject all your forum accounts to immediate termination, regardless of whether or not the intrusion results in the corruption, loss, or theft of data.
Users are responsible for the security of their TheFactoryFiveForum accounts. Users may not share their passwords or transfer – via any means – their accounts to others without the express permission of the TheFactoryFiveForum Forum Management Team. In addition, users are responsible for all activity made by him/her or anyone the user allows to use his/her account.
Usernames must not be in violation of this COCA. We reserve the right to terminate accounts whose associated usernames are in violation of this COCA, or are otherwise deemed inappropriate and/or potentially offensive. Users may be invited to register under a new name at our discretion.
Comments/personal attacks towards anyone - staff, forum member, or a visitor who is likely to view it on the forums - is subject to the message being deleted and action taken against the user, regardless of how pertinent or thoughtful the rest of the message might be.
Spam includes, but is not limited to, the following:
* Excessive off-topic threads
* Posting nonsensical messages
* “Flooding” the forum with similar meaning messages
* Post-Count farming
* Inciting a forum war or riot
* Outwar-style links
* Blatant advertising
* Messages without content
* "Padding" your post count with meaningless or generic posts, especially to gain access to the Classified Section
* Fraudulent activity (Pyramid schemes, chain letters, etc.)
* Free-____ links (i.e. Free iPods, Free PSP, etc. etc.)
Any form of spamming by a member will result in a sanction up to and including being banned.
We want to avoid spam generated by promotion teams, public-relations campaigns or any other traffic-hungry webmasters. So please note that our forums aren’t the place to advertise your own site or forums or sites with similar content to ours. TheFactoryFiveForum staff don’t visit your site and spam it with adverts, so we expect the same courtesy in return. You are welcome to link your non-commercial personal build site in your signature without a slogan.
If you are part of an automobile type site and you want to link it as a relevant part of a discussion, please contact a moderator first and be honest if it’s your own site.
If you wish to advertise at TheFactoryFiveForum, please contact [email protected]
Only Admin-approved vendors may have commercial sites linked in their signatures.
Any forum member who seems to have created their account solely to promote another site will be permanently banned.
Only Supporting vendors can advertise group buys. Exceptions MIGHT be allowed with Administrator approval if no vendors can be found to support the group buy.
Attempting to impersonate any person, including staff, using forged headers, instant messenger names, similar usernames (i.e. “GiIIB”, “Gi11B”, “Angel GillB”) in an effort to deceive or mislead is prohibited.
You may not use profanity or bypass the software-based censor. In addition to words included in the censor list, sexual remarks and slang may be considered profane when used in certain contexts.
A word about what is considered to be bypassing the software-based censor: Anything done to avoid the default *'s provided by the censor is considered to be a bypass of the censor. For example, if the word “angle” was in the censor (it is not), then all of the following are considered a bypass of the censor and thus in violation of the COCA:
* ang1e, angl3
* anglë, ańgle
* a n g l e
* a<!-- a -->ngle
* <img src="http://www.example.com/93QrsteaV/angle.gif"> (links to image containing the word “angle” used in a demeaning context)
The list of words automatically censored by our filter is available upon request.
You may not use terms or audio/visual materials referring to ethnic/national origin, ideological/religious beliefs, gender, or sexual preference in a demeaning context.
We have no tolerance for discrimination. You are in violation of this rule if the nature of your post discriminates, promotes hate, promotes violence or advocates hatred or discrimination against individuals, groups, races, cultures or organizations because of their ethnic/national origin, skin color or culture.
If you use any terms in an offensive context against a person, race, culture, group or organization, as determined by our moderators, you are in violation of this rule.
Please note that words carry different meanings in different cultures, and that while a word may be acceptable use in one part of the world, it may not be in another. In addition, any one can invent their own derogatory terms, unfortunately. Because of those factors, we will evaluate the context in which the term was used to determine whether a violation has occurred.
Sexually Offensive Materials
You may not post or link to sexually offensive materials. If you are unsure whether what you wish to post may be in violation of this rule, please consult a moderator first before posting.
We will delete posts containing materials in breach of active Non-Disclosure Agreements. We reserve the right to cooperate with the companies in the investigation of any NDA breach.
* You may not post any form of real life information of a user unless the user has first permitted it by express consent. Examples of real life information include name, address, IP addresses, and phone numbers.
* You may not distribute any form of real life information, email address, private/email Messages with intent to harass or in any demeaning manner as determined by a moderator, regardless of consent.
* You may not disclose a user's unpublicized email address unless the user has first permitted it, either by actual consent or previously releasing said information.
Signatures and Avatars
Signatures, whether facilitated by the forum software or by the user, may not exceed the following restrictions:
* The signature may not contain more than 6 lines including blank lines
* Signature images are not allowed
* The signature must not violate any part of this COCA.
* Custom avatars are allowed.
* ALL avatars MUST be "G" rated! If your 7 year old daughter is looking at the site while you are visiting or posting, she should not be embarrassed by what she sees on the screen. We reserve the right to remove any avatar that we feel do not follow this rule, at any time.
* You may not harvest email addresses from our forums for any purpose
* You are required to keep your forum account's email address up-to-date. If a warning sent to the email address on record bounces, your account will be banned.
Moderation & Bans
* You may not evade a ban. Doing so will drastically lengthen your ban. If you believe your actions were not in violation of this Code of Conduct, you can appeal your ban by contacting a member of the Moderator team.
* You may not publicly complain about or demand a reason for another user's ban, the deletion of a message, or the deletion/closure of a thread. Any discussion about warnings, bans, message deletion, thread deletion and thread closure should be done over private email between the person concerned and the moderators
* You may not re-edit a message that has been edited by a moderator
* You may not post a message on behalf of a banned forum member.
* Do not post negative posts and discussions that are repeated over and over and over with no other purpose than to disrupt conversation. If you feel the need to say something, say it once and then move on. Do not disrupt multiple threads in order to get your view out.
* You may not bait/troll users. Bait / Trolling is defined as posting with a clear intent to provoke anger, incendiary posts, and behavior that results in other users violating the COCA.
* You may not bait, insult, flame, or otherwise abuse a staff member. Staff members have to follow the same rules, and should you have a problem with a certain staff member, please contact a moderator or the Forum Management Team.
* You may not abuse your ability to post in HTML in HTML-enabled forums
* You may not post graphically-disturbing images as inline images.
* You may not post in a manner that is harmful to TheFactoryFiveForum. For example, “FFR forums suck. Go here!” If you do, the post will be deleted and you will be banned.
* You may not register multiple accounts with intent to violate any part of this COCA.