Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  0
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: THE Wheel & Tire Thread

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the info.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hoosier is the maker of Continental racing tires. Continental will no longer be sponsoring the Continental Tire SportsCar Challenge next year, Michelin has taken that sponsorship at IMSA. The result is we can buy left over new Continental Race Tires now at a good price from Hoosier, and probably will only get better, as the 2018 season comes to an end. Not only are the prices good, exceptional really, but the shipping is very cheap. $15 total whether you buy 1 or a dozen. I've already received a bunch for my STI and Palatov, some of the available sizes may work for an 818. These are full on racing slicks in both wet and dry versions. They are not DOT approved for road use!

https://shop.hoosiertire.com/index.p...it-racing.html
    "Good Judgement comes from Experience. Experience comes from Bad Judgement"
    Owner: Colonel Red Racing
    eBAy Store: http://stores.ebay.com/colonelredracing
    818R ICSCC SPM
    2005 Subaru STI Race Car ICSCC ST and SPM
    Palatov DP4 - ICSCC Sports Racer

Post Thanks / Like
    Received our wheels a couple weeks ago. Team Dynamics ProRace 1.2. Fronts are 15x7 to prevent rubbing on the tub, rears are 17x9. Purchased through DemonTweeks in Wales, UK, and they shipped to Dallas. Was great working with them. Look forward to putting slicks on these:

IMG_7323.jpg

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mulry View Post
    Received our wheels a couple weeks ago. Team Dynamics ProRace 1.2. Fronts are 15x7 to prevent rubbing on the tub, rears are 17x9. Purchased through DemonTweeks in Wales, UK, and they shipped to Dallas. Was great working with them. Look forward to putting slicks on these:

IMG_7323.jpg
    Mulry,
    I am also running Team Dynamic wheels. My size is 17 x 9 - 45 et on all four corners. My tires are 235/40 front and 255/40 rear. 15mm spacers on rear.
    Do your 15" front wheels have any problem fitting over the brakes. If you get a chance, can you take a picture of the brake clearance.
    Thanks
    Bob

tires.jpg
    818S #22 Candy Blue Frame, Front Gas Tank, 2.5L Turbo, Rear radiator, Shortened Transmission, Wookiee Compatible, Console mounted MR2 Shifter, Custom ECU panel, AWIC soon
    My Son Michael's Turbo ICE Build X22 http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showt...rts-818S-Build
    My Electric Supercar Build X21 (on hold until winter) http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showt...e-Build-Thread

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob_n_Cincy View Post
    Do your 15" front wheels have any problem fitting over the brakes. If you get a chance, can you take a picture of the brake clearance.
    tires.jpg
    Also interested in the front brake clearance! Please post pics when you can.
    MK3.1 Roadster completed 2011
    818R built with EZ36R H6 completed 2018
    818R rebuild with a JDM Honda K24A

Post Thanks / Like
    Front: 18x8 +45 Storm Grey Enkei Tuning TS-V
    Front: 215/35ZR18 Michelin Pilot Sport 4S
    Rear: 18x9.5 +45 Storm Grey Enkei Tuning TS-V
    Rear: 255/35ZR18 Michelin Pilot Sport 4S

Running the VCP lower control arms for the extra clearance. Wheels currently hitting the rear upper control link. I am going to try putting both spacers to one side to offset the link for more clearance. If that does not give me enough, I'll consider adding 5mm or 10mm spacers in the rear.

Update: Offestting the rear upper control links helped slighly, but it just doesn't feel right to install them that way. I am going to just order 10mm spacers for the rear with extended wheel studs. I test fitted using stacks of flat washers and 10mm will provide the needed clearance. I just hope they fit under the rear fenders. Won't know until I get the body all lined up and get the car aligned.

20221004_220543.jpg 20221004_220515.jpg 20221004_220745.jpg
    Last edited by BigDanSubaru; 10-08-2022 at 11:25 AM.

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910