Midwest Classic Insurance

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Racelogic Traction Control for the 818...

Post Thanks / Like
    One alternative would be to add dedicated sensors for the Race Logic. On the rear, I'm guessing that using the axles would be easiest. I don't know what would be easiest on the front.

Moonlight Performance
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yes that is definitely an option. I've thought a lot about it but it would be a real pain to do properly. The axles are too small of a diameter to put a sensor on, so I'd have to get some sort of tone ring fabricated that would clamp onto it. The tone ring would need to be ~ 3-4" diameter for a good signal, and would have to exactly match whatever tone ring I create in front, both in terms of diameter and tooth count. In the front I could weld something to the face of the empty CV stub. But again, I think this would be very tricky to pull off properly.

Decisions, decisions. ABS or traction control.....

EDIT: I was able to get both ABS and traction working at the same time. The racelogic instructions say the white wire is the signal wire on the wheel speed sensor. It actually doesn't matter which wire you choose so long as one of them gets grounded (either by you or by the ABS computer internally), IF you aren't using ABS. If you are using ABS, then the ABS sensor actually grounds the WHITE wire, and uses the BLACK wire as the signal. You can't see this in the wiring diagram because it happens inside the ABS computer. Also, the wires are different colors in the WRX..... some are black/white, and some are blue/green. There isn't any rhyme or reason as to which color connects to black vs white on the wheel speed sensor either. Bottom line: Tap the traction control signal wires into whatever color wire ultimately connects to the BLACK wires on all the wheel speed sensors (all the sensors have black+white wires - it's the Subaru wiring harness that has various colors).
    Last edited by Hindsight; 04-24-2016 at 06:44 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    If you don't want traction I'll take it off your hands. Sorry to hear that though. I'm not setup for abs and don't plan on running it on this car. Maybe my next 818

Post Thanks / Like
    Doesn't Race Logic allow for different tone rings front/rear? Did they have a version of the traction control that came with sensors? If so, I wonder if they had some kind of fairly universal method.

Moonlight Performance
    Post Thanks / Like
    Actually Evan, I believe you are right on that... there is a calibration procedure that allows the computer to learn the different rotational speeds front and rear, and that should probably take care of any differences between them.

Fireblade: Note taken..... I'll PM you if I decide to ditch the traction control.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quick comparison video I made of traction control on and off...

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh man that looks fun. How much power are you making right now?

Have you attempted to dial in how much slip results in the most acceleration?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Evan78 View Post
    Oh man that looks fun. How much power are you making right now?

Have you attempted to dial in how much slip results in the most acceleration?
    That's 26 PSI, around 450-475 WHP in that video. The most I've seen was 530. The tune should finish out above 500, but we're not pushing it too much farther. This is well past cracked ringland territory and near the limit of the stock rods.

fasterer and furiouser longislandwrx's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    oh man that 40-70 looks wild.
    A well stocked beverage fridge is the key to any successful project.

Post Thanks / Like
    Anyone know the tooth count of the rear WRX toner ring? I think the front is 44. I can't get my racelogic to calibrate on its own.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bbjones121 View Post
    Anyone know the tooth count of the rear WRX toner ring? I think the front is 44. I can't get my racelogic to calibrate on its own.
    I count 44 also

ABS_tone_ring_grande.jpg
    818S #22 Candy Blue Frame, Front Gas Tank, 2.5L Turbo, Rear radiator, Shortened Transmission, Wookiee Compatible, Console mounted MR2 Shifter, Custom ECU panel, AWIC soon
    My Son Michael's Turbo ICE Build X22 http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showt...rts-818S-Build
    My Electric Supercar Build X21 (on hold until winter) http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showt...e-Build-Thread

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob_n_Cincy View Post
    I count 44 also

ABS_tone_ring_grande.jpg
    So they are same. Great, thank you

Moonlight Performance
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yes they are the same. I had calibration trouble too. Despit wht the manual says, you need to go a little faster during the procedure. Go 25mph and male a full 180 at that speed. The Subaru wheel speed sensors are noisy below 15 so you need to stay above that during the procedure. I would also suggest using ths softwars fo turn off traction control below 15 for the same reason.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12