Seems to be 'power steering upgrade' season. Mine is done and I'm very happy. Getting in & out of my garage involved a couple lock-to-lock turns of my steering wheel, so this upgrade made the first & last few minutes of each drive a lot easier.

My car is an MK3 and has the round solid steering shaft. Finding the right u-joint was a PITA, so hopefully this thread will help someone down the road.

Here's a summary of what I did.

Installation Notes:

I wound up moving the FFR lower control arm to the inner holes. My tires stuck out just a bit more than I liked and Mark at Breeze suggested this. Looks better now without the tire bulge out past the lip.

Using the FFR upper arms (with their standard length sleeves), I was able to get this at the alignment shop:
1/16 toe in
-1deg camber
4 deg caster - even tried to shim the front, but it didn't help. Would like to get more, but the current sleeves are both turned almost all the way in. I will have to see how I like it and may get shorter sleeves.

The explorer pump I used has the spring in a different spot than the cII mustang pump (it's opposite of pressure hose). I cut it down to about 1 5/16". I could probably go shorter, but I'll probably keep it as is for now. I tried it at 1 7/16 and it felt too loose...no road feel. The little snip helped quite a bit.

The car is nice & easy to drive, but the steering isn't so loose that you lose all feel. No wandering or floating feel as I'm driving along. The wheel return could be better ( need more caster to fix that), but I don't notice it being much different than what I had with the manual rack.

Some pictures.

Wish I could get a better shot of the Whitby bracket...Jeff was a lifesaver (didn't have to buy an expensive pump and modify the breeze bracket to work with my original A/C Compressor brackets.

I didn't want a large PS reservoir and this speedway piece reminded me of a smaller version of the 289 Cobra overflow tanks that I've seen in one of 2Fast's posts.

Here's where I installed the short cooling line. For a street car, I probably didn't need this, but figured it couldn't hurt either.

Parts used:

Breeze - Steering Rack
Breeze - Steering Rack Limiters
Breeze - fittings for rack
Breeze - solid offset bushing

Unisteer - U-Joint 3/4"-36 (Ford) x 9/16"-30 part number: 8050500
U-Joint 3/4"-36 (Ford) x 9/16"-30 | U-Joints | Search By Product | Unisteer Performance

Speedway - power steering reservoir
Speedway Steering-Mounted Reservoir Tank - Speedway Motors, America's Oldest Speed Shop

NAPA - 99 Explorer (Ford CIII) pump and pulley
NAPA - 3/8th fuel line (to use for a short cooling line)

Whitby - A/C & PS pump bracket (worked great with my North Racecar A/C setup). Perfect fit for the compressor and it lowered the compressor just a bit. The power steering pump sits nicely underneath and with black hoses, everything seems pretty well hidden.

High pressure hose - had it made up (twice...measured wrong the first time) I didn't want the look of braided lines, so I went with black hose. WARNING>>>>Don't get your hose made at NAPA. My original hose (the one that was too short) cost me just under $20 at a local hydraulic shop. Went to NAPA on a Sunday to get the longer one made (about 6" longer) and when they rang me up..it was almost $70. Talk about feeling like an *** for not getting the measurement right on a weekday.

Socketless hose and 90degree fittings for the return lines.