Boig Motorsports

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: FFR and GTM on Speed TV

GTM Builder/Owner
    Post Thanks / Like

FFR and GTM on Speed TV

I just wanted to let everybody know that Mike Easton’s Challenge Roadster and his GTM and my GTM should be on Speed channel next Thursday 3/17 on a program named “Speedmakers”. Later last year when they were shooting the footage they told use that TV show was going to be called “Built for Speed”. I haven’t been able to contact them at Hoff productions (that shot the footage), but I did find this Speedmakers show. Last night the show was about Top Fuel. According to the guide next weeks episode is called “Mega Kits”. When they shot the footage, they told us that this episode would have a segment on a home built jet kit. Like a small single seat jet fighter. Another segment on a kit built hovercraft and finally a segment on FFR and their kits. They told us that they already had footage from the FFR factory. They shot some interview footage at Mike Easton’s house and then again of his Challenge car and my GTM at Infineon. There should be on track footage and road footage from the area around Infineon (Sear Point Raceway). Should be cool!

BTW, my GTM that will be on the track is the March car on the GTM calendar. The copper colored one.
    Last edited by Mike Downs; 03-11-2011 at 11:21 PM.
    GTM #26
    Stock LS-6. PHII G50-50, Shane's Louvers, Nordskog Dash, Shaved Door Handles,
    David Borden's Aluminum Dash Cover for Nordskog Dash,
    Roll Bar Covers -- http://quickracingproducts.com/html/interior.html

President, Factory Five Racing Dave Smith's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    We have the same info. Those guys spent three days here at FFR last year (Sally set it up) and Karen Salvaggio and Mike and a bunch of West Coasties helped with footage. We did a plant tour with them and then Jim and I broke several local traffic laws filming in the back roads of Wareham. I'll see if Sally has preview footage and times etc.

Should be a really cool show.
    Dave Smith, FFR 001
    President
    Factory Five Racing

Post Thanks / Like
    Sounds GREAT!!

Can't wait.
    www.myraceshop.com

GTM solution kits
    Corvette and Race parts

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    I saw the preview for next week's episode last night too. They mentined Mega kit cars and it looked like a GTM so I forwarded the DVR to next Thursday and set it to record. Looks like a great show, can't wait!
    F5R #7446: MK4, 302, T5 midshift, 3.55 Posi IRS, 17" Halibrands
    Delivered 4/4/11, First start 9/29/12, Licensed 4/24/13, off to PAINT 2/15/14!! Wahoo!

GTM Builder/Owner
    Post Thanks / Like
    I just wanted everyone to know that the GTM that spun out was not mine, but the FFR Candy Apple Red LS7 car. Probably when Car and Driver was testing it for their article. Those guys can't drive anything with ABS and other driver aids.
    GTM #26
    Stock LS-6. PHII G50-50, Shane's Louvers, Nordskog Dash, Shaved Door Handles,
    David Borden's Aluminum Dash Cover for Nordskog Dash,
    Roll Bar Covers -- http://quickracingproducts.com/html/interior.html

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Downs View Post
    I just wanted everyone to know that the GTM that spun out was not mine, but the FFR Candy Apple Red LS7 car. Probably when Car and Driver was testing it for their article. Those guys can't drive anything with ABS and other driver aids.
    Hi Mike,

Was able to catch the show. You guys did a great job! Your GTM looked and sounded fantastic. You've done a great job with your build. Looks like Mike's GTM will be on the road soon too. I can't wait to see it, and how he handles the rear hatch & intake. I'm guessing that there may be a roof scoop running to the stacks... Should be interesting.

Thanks for the heads up regarding the show.
    The Stig

Some say, that I only know two facts about ducks, (both being wrong); and that if I could be bothered, I could solve the "da Vinci Code" in 47 seconds...
    All I know is that I'm called "The Stig".
    GTM #0081

Post Thanks / Like
    I thought I missed this show, but looks like there is a rebroadcast tonight tuesday 22 of march on speed hd. Woo hoo!

John

Post Thanks / Like
    Really a good show, so many of them show spots and short out of context edits. This one was much better. Definetly worth finding it to watch. Richard.
    Richard Oben FFR builder www.northracecars.com

Need help finishing your project we can help here or at your shop.

FFR GTM #34 first GTM with working AC. 400 hp LS1 w/G50
    FFR coupe 3617CP 331 Stack EFI T-5 IRS Cobra brakes, AC/heat.
    Both cars by NRC, we can build (and have built) any FFR product.
    We also make and sell a ton of great parts for the FFR community.
    Brake kits, AC systems, #1 supplier of Team III wheels.