Forte's

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Simplest LS harness?

Post Thanks / Like

Simplest LS harness?

For an EFI LS harness, what's the simplest path? By this I mean not having to worry about VATS, disabling how it interacts with other components (e.g., corvette bcm, etc.. etc..), not having it interact w/ any accessories like fuel pumps or rad fans; all it does is just control the a/f and spark of the engine and make it go; minimal wiring and no fancy datalogging needed (i.e., don't need something like a fast xfi...i don't need it to datalog anything like oil pressure because my digidash does that), other than to be able to fire up hp tuners or lsedit and work w/ tuning spark and a/f.

Would something like an LS harness like this

http://www.howellefi.com/customer/ls...nsmission.html

be the best path for the above description?
    FFR cobra
    RCR Superlite
    RCR 917
    04 Cobra/Z06/Diablo/bunch of other junk

Post Thanks / Like
    I think you might want to check out a outfit called Speartech, the fellas name is John Spears and if you go to his web site and read about Speartech I think you will be impressed with his background as he was a former engineer with GM and offers custom harnesses. I used a GM LS3 harness from GM performance and made it work but would not do that again as I had cut it apart and reconfigure it so that I could hace the ECM and fuse panel under the dash. This guy makes each harness for your application and the cost will be about the same. I would not use a MEFI (marine electronic fuel injection) again wich is another option out there.

Post Thanks / Like
    yea, I've been looking at Speartech and Howell. Hmmm.

Out of curiousity, does anybody know if, if you use a standard trimmed down LS harness, if there's a limit on how big the injectors can be? I remember reading somewhere about people talking about going to a fast XFI unit when making serious power because of injector size?
    FFR cobra
    RCR Superlite
    RCR 917
    04 Cobra/Z06/Diablo/bunch of other junk