Boig Motorsports

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Registering the 818: Utah

Post Thanks / Like

Registering the 818: Utah

Registering the 818 might be an interesting affair, and i'm sure the other kits (roadster, GTM, Etc.) can chime in here as well.

Utah has their own page on the DMV website for this. making it fairly simple.

http://dmv.utah.gov/vehicles-service...:kits&catid=39
    As per the website:

All the components are purchased in a kit similar to a model car (including the frame). The applicant will need to provide to the DMV; this may require more than one visit:
    The "Manufacturer's Statement of Origin" (MSO) for all components, listing a 17-digit conforming Vehicle Identification Number (VIN),
    A completed Form TC-569A "Ownership Statement", containing information pertaining to the construction of the vehicle, where or from whom all the components were obtained, and a completed Form TC-656 "Application For Utah Title" and all original sales receipts,
    Picture of the completed vehicle or bring the vehicle to a DMV office for a visual inspection, and
    Safety and emission test certification.
    The vehicle must be inspected by a peace officer or by the DMV-CSR prior to titling. On the title, the make of the vehicle will reflect the make on the MSO, year will be the year of completion and the model will be "replica." The Vehicle Identification Number (VIN) listed on Form TC-656 "Application For Utah Title" will be the number on the chassis MSO, if that number is a 17-digit conforming number issued by the manufacturer.

FFR has already Stated they will be providing us with an MSO (Manufacturer's Statement of Origin), and therefore all we'd need left is:
    proof of where we acquired the other parts. be it a receipt from a salvage yard, a title for another vehicle, etc.
    a Picture of the completed vehicle. (a day i believe many of us will sit back, sigh, and wonder what we forgot LOL).
    TRAILER the vehicle to an Emissions/Inspection station to be inspected.
    and finally Trailer it again to a DMV office with all the above paperwork items, and receive your Plates, title, etc.

Those in Utah who have previously registered Kit cars, PLEASE respond here with any information or suggestions to those looking to Register Their Kit in Utah.
    Last edited by Ironhydroxide; 06-24-2013 at 04:51 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ironhydroxide View Post
    Those in Utah who have previously registered Kit cars, PLEASE respond here with any information or suggestions to those looking to Register Their Kit in Utah.
    I'm bumping this thread as I'm in the SLC area and will be getting my 818S in the January 2015 timeframe! Thank you, Ironhydroxide, for starting this! Hopefully others will respond, but if not I guess I'll be giving my 2 cents in several (optimistically, LOL) months? For now, I intend to anally keep track of all receipts, bills of sales, MSO's, and ANYTHING stamped on stuff from my donor and/or the kit.
    Last edited by Ellimist; 12-08-2014 at 12:25 AM. Reason: fixing typo