Boig Motorsports

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Need factory wiring diagrams? I have them all; PM me

Post Thanks / Like
    I apologies for my absence, I was getting quite frustrated with a certain individual that was taking my free help that was intended for our community and turning around and selling a less then par product. But I have came to the realization that there is always going to be a few bad apples in a community and because of that the rest should not suffer. I have now responded to all PM's that included an email address.
    1997 RSVX Impreza Awesomeness!
    1999 RHD 22B RSTI
    2002 WRX
    2005 Saabaru
    2008 STI
    2013 FFR 818 #30

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by fateo66 View Post
    If anyone needs factory wiring diagrams, PM me with your EMAIL and DESIRED YEAR and I'll send you a pdf.

Also just a heads up the factory service manuals are known to leave out parts of one circuit but show it somewhere else. For instance if you were looking at the schematics for the HVAC system it MAY not show the illumination lights that are integrated into the HVAC controller. But it would show the proper wiring diagram in the illumination section.
    Hi - I'll send you a PM - I could use the wiring diagrams for my MK4...

Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry to hear about that Zach, but apologies accepted and welcome back.

About the diagrams, I am not sure I really understand what they show. I'll re-read again your description but I think I am missing something.
    Frank
    818 chassis #181 powered by a '93 VW VR6 Turbo GT3582R
    Go-karted Aug 5, 2016 - Then May 19+21, 2017
    Tracked May 27/July 26, 2017
    Build time before being driveable on Sep 27, 2019: over 6000h
    Build Completed Winter 2021

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Frank818 View Post
    About the diagrams, I am not sure I really understand what they show. I'll re-read again your description but I think I am missing something.
    Hi Frank,
    Here is an example:
    In 2006 wiring diagrams, page WI-103 (cruise control section) The speed signal from the speed sensor(VSS) is only shown going to the ECU.

On page WI-154 (cluster section) of the same manual, you can see that the speed sensor (VSS) is only going to the Dash cluster.

On page WI-37 (engine section) of the same manual, you can see that the speed signal goes to the ECU and the Dash cluster.
    Bob

Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry about your experience, but more importantly, glad you're back!
    Rich

818S in progress. 2007 WRX sedan donor.
    Powered up: 7-8-14, First Start: 7-20-14, Go kart: 8-19-14

Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry Bob, I wasn't clear. That part I understand. It's what do Zach's diagrams provide that the Subie manual doesn't, that I don't understand. Someone mentioned at some place that it's about ECM diagrams or something. Are Zach's diagrams oriented specifically for something or they provide ALL the wires and electrical connections/uses of the entire car?
    Frank

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm pretty sure he's talking about the 200+ page wiring section from the service manual that documents every wire in the car.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Frank818 View Post
    Sorry Bob, I wasn't clear. That part I understand. It's what do Zach's diagrams provide that the Subie manual doesn't, that I don't understand. Someone mentioned at some place that it's about ECM diagrams or something. Are Zach's diagrams oriented specifically for something or they provide ALL the wires and electrical connections/uses of the entire car?
    I requested the 2002 version from Zach and received Chapter 7 (wiring) of the 2002 Factory Service Manual (FSM). It is not a separate publication, just the section of the FSM related to wiring.

Earlier in this thread, I shared a link to the Ken Gilbert page of service manuals that anyone can download freely. I would suggest any 818 builders grabbing the full manual just in case they find a need for other sections such as the Engine chapter.

It's not organized in the best manner, but here is the link again:

http://ken-gilbert.com/impreza-manuals

I see listings for 2002/2003, 2004, 2006, along with other years outside the typical 2002-2007 818 donor years.

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes I got that manual, a bunch of PDFs. But I don't know if I am missing any wiring diagram. I got 9 chapters if I include chapter 0. #7 is Wiring. 5.1megs for the 2002/2003 version, up to page WI-152.
    Frank

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Sent you a PM thanks in advance!

Frank

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by fateo66 View Post
    If anyone needs factory wiring diagrams, PM me with your EMAIL and DESIRED YEAR and I'll send you a pdf.

Also just a heads up the factory service manuals are known to leave out parts of one circuit but show it somewhere else. For instance if you were looking at the schematics for the HVAC system it MAY not show the illumination lights that are integrated into the HVAC controller. But it would show the proper wiring diagram in the illumination section.
    I have concerns about the wiring. My donor is a 2007 NA Impreza, would you send me your PDF document as per your comments. My E-Mail is [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like
    Hope you got by message. Am looking for your PDF . My donor is a 2007 NA Impreza. My E-Mail is [email protected]

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12