Forte's

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Has anyone successfully Titled, Registered and Insured an FFR car in New York?

Post Thanks / Like

Question Has anyone successfully Titled, Registered and Insured an FFR car in New York?

If so, what was involved in this?

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    bump. anyone?

FFR 5369 Pin Drive, IRS, Trigos, Torsen, Wilwoods, FMS BOSS 302 "B" cam , Mass-flo. CA SB100 (SPCN) Registered
    Delivered 4/23/06. "Finished" 4/2012 (still not done!)

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes, check this link:

http://www.dmv.ny.gov/forms/vs100.pdf

Follow the form and get the packet, will get you started. Its not to bad and you can call with any questions, best of luck!

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks, very helpful. It will be interesting to compare the number of steps in the NY State process with the number of steps required to assemble the car.

Post Thanks / Like
    http://www.ffcars.com/forums/50-insu...n-process.html

Read this tread through. It should be very helpful.

Pat
    Mark III 4630RD Explorer 302, Holley SA570, FRPP B-cam, 4 to 4's, 3 Link, Bullitt wheels, Baer Brakes, 3.73 gears, HD T-5, I2 wiring, Koni Coilovers, Classic Gauges. Jaguar Racing Green w/ Silver stripes

PM me if you live in Upstate New York. Get added to the "Upstate Cobras" email list. 60+ members!

Post Thanks / Like

818 NY Registration

Quote Originally Posted by UpstateCobraGuy View Post
    http://www.ffcars.com/forums/50-insu...n-process.html

Read this tread through. It should be very helpful.

Pat
    I recently purchased an 818 registered in Mass. With a Mass. VIN. Do I have to follow the entire process as described in the registration for a Homemade Vehicle even though it was registered in another state?

thanks
    Cosmofly

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes, I have (except insurance, quotes were too high at 24 years old, waiting till March when I'm 25).

http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showt...l=1#post221489

http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showt...on-in-New-York

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Cosmofly View Post
    I recently purchased an 818 registered in Mass. With a Mass. VIN. Do I have to follow the entire process as described in the registration for a Homemade Vehicle even though it was registered in another state?

thanks
    Cosmofly
    No, I registered an FFR roadster with a Rhode Island VIN. The did make me take to Field Inspections so they could see what it was, but no issues. Good luck!
    Mark III 4630RD Explorer 302, Holley SA570, FRPP B-cam, 4 to 4's, 3 Link, Bullitt wheels, Baer Brakes, 3.73 gears, HD T-5, I2 wiring, Koni Coilovers, Classic Gauges. Jaguar Racing Green w/ Silver stripes

PM me if you live in Upstate New York. Get added to the "Upstate Cobras" email list. 60+ members!

Post Thanks / Like
    where are you located, If on Long Island I can walk you thru it. Not as bad as most make it out to be.
    CLASS OF 2009 # 79 FFR MK 3.1, # 6898, Complete kit arrived 02/07/09, roller 03/30/09, first start 07/14/09, Registered 10/14/09, PPG Orange Glow over Sterling silver,427W Kieth Kraft (561hp)

"Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary… that's what gets you." -Jeremy Clarkson

http://s995.photobucket.com/albums/af80/rscocca/

Post Thanks / Like
    Is there anybody from Long Island who when through this process?

Post Thanks / Like
    Just did one yesterday.
    First call Albany DMV Home built car division, ask for the packet to register a home built car. once you get it fill in all the information required. Is the car completed yet? If yes, you will need to take 4 photos of the car (one of each side, front and back). Albany will then set an appointment with autocrime for an inspection to make sure there are no stolen parts, Crate motors and new trans are the easiest to use for this situation. Once the inspection is done, insure and register the smile for the rest of the summer.

Its now as bad as everyone makes it out to be as long as you follow the directions.
    Last edited by Rscocca; 06-14-2016 at 01:27 PM. Reason: my spelling stinks
    CLASS OF 2009 # 79 FFR MK 3.1, # 6898, Complete kit arrived 02/07/09, roller 03/30/09, first start 07/14/09, Registered 10/14/09, PPG Orange Glow over Sterling silver,427W Kieth Kraft (561hp)

"Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary… that's what gets you." -Jeremy Clarkson

http://s995.photobucket.com/albums/af80/rscocca/

Post Thanks / Like
    Agreed with Rsocca. It was just some paperwork, and lots of waiting(the hardest part to me)
    Frank - Build thread

Post Thanks / Like
    So I got a call today from Albany which said that I cannot use my Arizona title that is coming with my car and need a vin reassignment. Fine but they are telling me that I cannot register it as a 65 but as a 2014 from which the Arizona title was issued. Any way to get around this? Do I really want it titled as a 2014 Custom? I'm new to the Cobra and very excited to get it but this kinda sucks. Any more info would help. Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by markiemark View Post
    So I got a call today from Albany which said that I cannot use my Arizona title that is coming with my car and need a vin reassignment. Fine but they are telling me that I cannot register it as a 65 but as a 2014 from which the Arizona title was issued. Any way to get around this? Do I really want it titled as a 2014 Custom? I'm new to the Cobra and very excited to get it but this kinda sucks. Any more info would help. Thanks.
    This is how NY does it. It will be registered as the year it was competed

stack
    FFR MKI Roadster FFR2202K Built in 2000 sold
    FFR Hot Rod #39 under construction