BluePrint Engines

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Selling my Gen 2 GTM.

Post Thanks / Like

Selling my Gen 2 GTM.

I hope it is ok to post my GTM for sale here. If no...sorry.

I am deploying soon then moving when I return so I am selling the GTM. Besides, it is time to get ready for another project. For those that I have met over the years on the forum. I am helping a buddy build a Mark 4 right in my garage right now. It is cool to see two FFR cars next to each other in the garage. His body should be going on soon.

I mostly finished the GTM in 2011 and drive to work and around town from time to time. I am sure that most guys on the forum would agree that there are always small things to finish on the car, and there are a few things left on this one. That being said, this car is daily driver ready, titled and registered in Oklahoma. Here are the basics, but please feel free to call or text me with questions at 334-730-8320 or [email protected]. I am asking 40K for the car, which I think is more than fair, but I am willing to talk about price and trades. Right now I am looking for a Jeep Rubicon and ATVs for my land in New Mexico.

Here are some pics of the car.

http://www.ffcars.com/forums/redirec...404919%2Fposts

Donor build from a 1998 C5 with about 50k miles

The LS1 has Lingenfelter heads, Thunder racing cheater cam and new push rods. Tuned to 405 HP at the tires on a dyno.

Has AC

I have not installed the skid kit, but I have it.

I did the paint and body, so it does have some flaws. Most just need some more work with fine sand paper and a buffer. I have polished the hood roof and rear of the car, and I think it looks amazing after a little time sanding and buffing. There are still some areas that I have to get to and a few clear coat runs to sand down.

Cable shifter

I have explained a bunch of other stuff in the picture captions in the attached link. Again call if you have any questions.

Thanks

Dave
    Attached Images Attached Images

Post Thanks / Like
    I have been doing some work on the car and I think she is ready to sell. It is posted on Ebay if you are interested. I do not have a reserve and you could not purchase a kit, engine and gearbox for my starting price. Let me know if you have any questions. Thanks Dave

Replica/Kit Makes : Factory Five Racing GTM FFR in Replica/Kit Makes | eBay Motors

Post Thanks / Like
    Somebody is gonna scoop this up!

Post Thanks / Like
    I can't imagine this car sitting very long. Very nice build, not to mention that it looks awesome.

Good luck Dave.

Mike

By the way, Adam keeps asking when you and the other Pilots are coming back to town.
    The Stig

Some say, that I only know two facts about ducks, (both being wrong); and that if I could be bothered, I could solve the "da Vinci Code" in 47 seconds...
    All I know is that I'm called "The Stig".
    GTM #0081

Post Thanks / Like
    Mike. I have a picture of Adam and Jimmy Johnson on my desk. I love telling the story. It helps put things in perspective. Tell Adam that I said hello.

BTW...are you registered yet?

Cheers

Dave.

Senior Member riptide motorsport's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Nice ride.
    FFR Daytona Type 65 Coupe
    67 427 Cobra
    57' Belair
    72 Pinto Wagon ,306" 1/4 miler
    34 5 window coupe Ford
    2003 Mustang GT
    99' ZX9
    85 Goldwing

All toys still in the Scuderia!

Every Saint has a past..................every sinner a future

Don't take yourself so seriously........no one else does.

You never see a motorcycle parked outside a Psychiatrists office.

Post Thanks / Like
    That is a sexy ride!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Bump for a veteran. Someone gonna get a nice ride cheap!

FFR 5369 Pin Drive, IRS, Trigos, Torsen, Wilwoods, FMS BOSS 302 "B" cam , Mass-flo. CA SB100 (SPCN) Registered
    Delivered 4/23/06. "Finished" 4/2012 (still not done!)

Post Thanks / Like
    Has this sold? ....looks like thread is 2 years old

Post Thanks / Like
    Yep. As I recall, Dave's car sold with in a few weeks of posting it for sale.

Mike
    The Stig

Some say, that I only know two facts about ducks, (both being wrong); and that if I could be bothered, I could solve the "da Vinci Code" in 47 seconds...
    GTM #0081

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Mike.

I'm within a month or two of order a GTM kit ..... was just looking around for a little bit of a jumpstart perhaps ...or even something close to finished.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    It was nice of him to point out all the flaws - up front, and honest.

Does anyone know what it sold for?
    Custom LCD Gauges , Data Loggers, Control Touch Screens
    www.LCDdash.com \\ 647-522-9953 \\ Voice & Text
    Proud new owner of GTM Gen 1., #105 - 08/27/11
    LQ9 Powered, G96.00 6 speed transaxle

Post Thanks / Like
    I sold it for $41k...I think. That was a little more than I built it for. The guy I sold it too sold it on Barrett-Jackson for $74k after fees. It felt good to see something I built go for so much money.

I would like to build another one. I would go very simple...No AC, No windows in the doors, and the paint and body would take me 1/2 the time after the lessons I learned on the last build. I think you could build a rocket that is just fun to drive and looks great for under $30K.

Post Thanks / Like
    There's a lot of money down at those Barrett-Jackson auctions.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitetrain View Post
    I sold it for $41k...I think. That was a little more than I built it for. The guy I sold it too sold it on Barrett-Jackson for $74k after fees. It felt good to see something I built go for so much money.

I would like to build another one. I would go very simple...No AC, No windows in the doors, and the paint and body would take me 1/2 the time after the lessons I learned on the last build. I think you could build a rocket that is just fun to drive and looks great for under $30K.
    Nitetrain!!! It's good to see that you're still checking from time to time!

A while back (2012), David and his team did the military jet fly-over for the NASCAR All Star Race. Through a kind gesture on Dave's part, he made tickets available to me which included pit access for the race. I told him that I knew just the person that would love to go. Adam Warner is about as big of a Jimmy Johnson (48) fan as there probably ever will be. So I call his Dad (Ralph Warner) to see if they'd be interested in going to the race the next night. And they were.

In the mean time, David called to see if he could drop by to see my GTM. While he was here, Ralph and Adam came over to meet them.

The rest of the story is laid out in another thread called "Thanks-NiteTrain!!!. I'll find the link and add it here, for anyone interested in reading about the fun we had making a NASCAR fan's dream come true.

http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showt...anks-NiteTrain!!!

Back to the most recent chapter of the Adam Warner story:

Adam ran a mini-triathlon, sponsored by the Jimmie Johnson foundation, with his trainer about 4 weeks ago. I truly believe that there is nothing that kid can't do.

He did the swim pretty much unassisted except that he used a life preserver turned backwards to keep his head out of the water. Adam's Sister (Jill) flew in from San Francisco to run the Triathlon with him. She and the trainer (Tara) were swimming with him through the yard distance to make sure that he was Ok. Tara had a line tethered to Adam to pull him as they swam; mostly for direction, but also to make sure he wasn't swimming in place.

Ralph, (Adam's dad) built a three wheeled bike that she and Adam could ride. To finish it off just right, he called Hendrick Motorsports and was given the paint code for the exact shade of blue that they use on the 48 car. Then he added the number "48" to make it official. Adam and Tara both peddled the 13 miles of the course.

The 5k run was actually done by his trainer, with her pushing Adam's wheel chair. When they got about 200 yards from the finish line. Adam's sister, Jill, (who also ran the triathlon) and Jimmie Johnson, helped him to "run" across the finish line. A few minutes later, Jimmy signed Adam's Bike. It was very cool day for all involved.

I have to say though, Adam's trainer (Tara Dockery) deserves to be held way up on a pedestal. She trained with him for three months prior, to make sure that she would be able to complete the swim, bike both of their weight, and then run the rest of the distance while pushing his wheel chair. It was an amazing feat, even though it was a "sprint".

The Sports Director (Chris Clark) from the local NBC affiliate (WCNC) did a two part story about it.

Take a look at the videos in the links below:

1. http://www.wcnc.com/videos/sports/2015/09/13/72206454/

2. http://www.wcnc.com/videos/sports/20...rner/73803238/

3. http://www.wcnc.com/story/sports/201...lity/73804956/

4. http://www.foxsports.com/nascar/shak...iathlon-091415

Cool stuff, accomplished by very cool people.

Take care,

Mike
    Last edited by The Stig; 10-20-2015 at 10:13 PM.
    The Stig

GTM #0081

Post Thanks / Like
    Mike,

I check out the GTM forum all the time, and always click on your thread first to see the finished car...Still Clicking.

What a great story about Adam. That guy just has a way of making everyone around him happy. Please tell Adam and his Dad that I say hello and great job.

I have always been a NASCAR fan, but I think I just became a #48 fan. Class Act.

Thanks for the post

NT

Post Thanks / Like
    Stay safe on deployment! If only the rear of the car were not so long and disproportionate, not your specifically, all GTM's. Like the reverse problem from the Pontiac trans-am front end. Best of luck though, any hint as to the next project?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitetrain View Post
    Mike,

I check out the GTM forum all the time, and always click on your thread first to see the finished car...Still Clicking.

What a great story about Adam. That guy just has a way of making everyone around him happy. Please tell Adam and his Dad that I say hello and great job.

I have always been a NASCAR fan, but I think I just became a #48 fan. Class Act.

Thanks for the post

NT
    I've been a Jeff Gordon fan since 95. I'd really like to see him get a couple of wins a,d get to the final four in the chase, but I'm not sure if they can pull it off this year. But a 5th championship in his retirement year would be a very cool thing... As well, it's just hard not to be impressed with the accomplishments of the #48 team. Six Championships does the talking as far as I'm concerned. I think there are definitely two sides to Jimmie Johnson. After meeting him and talking to him on various occasions, he doesn't really fit the NASCAR stereotype. He seems genuine in his efforts to "give-back", (for lack of a better term). I could see moving over to the 48 camp after Jeff retires.

I'm an avid Formula 1 fan though. Lewis Hamilton (Mercedes) and Fernando Alonzo (McLaren) are at the top of my list.

Take care Buddy.

Mike
    The Stig

GTM #0081

Post Thanks / Like
    Mike-

Great story on Adam! A truly extraordinary story on Jimmy Johnson. I don't know many people who would go to such lengths; heartwarming.

Thanks so much for sharing both stories Mike.

Regards,

Steve