BluePrint Engines

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Almost bought the farm a week ago last Wednesday..

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like

Almost bought the farm a week ago last Wednesday..

I had been sick for the previous week but thought it was a food issue so was dealing with it that way.
    I was wrong but by the time I realised that it was almost too late.
    Luck and a combination of very good dedicated people brought me back from the brink as they say.
    I posted this last night on my FB page and it says a lot as to how I feel:

There are some things I need to say now that I've had a few days home and feel a bit better. It was an insane week followed by three days of feeling like an out of body experience watching all these incredibly talented people work their hearts out to save my old arse. In many ways the most emotional experience I have ever had. At first at Southern NH Medical Center I felt like I was in a episode of the TV show "House" when the hospital gears up when that special patient walks in. Seeing the devotion and experience of so many, from the triage nurse that when she saw my blood sugar at 522 immediately call a "Code" even though she didn't know what was wrong she instinctively went to high gear and had every dept head in the hospital on me in seconds and I mean seconds. Of the Chief cardiac surgeon there just standing in her starched uniform with her arms folded sending the mental message to everyone to "Bring your A game",To her again while I was being loaded into an ambulance telling the driver "Get him there fast and the hell with the speed limits" and the look on his face as she handed him her card in case the cops stopped him, of him driving what seemed 90MPH in a 6 ton ambulance and doing 35 miles in less than 15 minutes with the siren and lights on, of the cardiac team at Lehey Clinic that the literal second the ambulance stopped 4 guys hauling me out and less than 2 mins later having me in an operating room, of the head of that team leaning over my face and telling me that 'Mr. Hunt, you are very sick but you have the best team in New England here to work on you, of 3.5 hours later looking at the twinkle in his eyes and him saying "It went better than we expected" and then him saying "You scared the sheet out of a lot of people today,of him sitting beside me the next 9 hours in the CICU..Of the dedicated Nurses, of the head of the clinic, a mid 60's surgeon, crying when I told him whether it went good or bad they had my thanks for what they'd done, of the orderly from Uganda with a smile that would light up a room there was so much that at times I was overcome by emotion and tears. To see people like this as I haven't been in a hospital in over 40 years restores your faith in humanity. I know this may sound flowery but it is how I feel and I have made myself one promise. I will staring next week go and see each of these people and hug them and express my thanks

============================
    To fill in, at first they wanted to do a quadruple bypass at SNHMC but I overheard 2 Dr's talking saying "He won't survive the surgery" so they shipped me to the Lehey Clinic in Burlington,Mass that is a much higher level hospital and there they put 5 stents in my heart....

There is also the factor of it just isn't time yet.
    My one dream is to do a coupe and not heading south before that is a reality!
    Last edited by Movieman; 07-29-2013 at 10:07 AM.