Hello all. I figured that I would introduce myself on here as I have been trolling around on here for the better part of a year. My name is Jason Yunker and I am in the USAF and have been since Mar 2003 and am an TSgt (E-6). By trade i am POL (2F0X1) which really means that I work with all of the fuel and cryogenics on a base. Currently I am stationed in Daegu, South Korea on the Republic of Korea Air Force (ROKAF) base K2 where I monitor all of the Air Force's war reserve material (WRM) POL assets. Previously (working backwards) I was stationed at Ramstein AB Germany(Apr 2010-Apr 2013), Osan AB, Korea (Mar 2009-Mar 2010), Shaw AFB, SC (Jul 2005- Feb 2009), and RAF Lakenheath, UK (Jun 2003-Jun 2005). I have been on numerous deployments and TDY's taking me around the world.

I like most if not all have always loved everything about the Shelby Cobra for as long as I can remember and have always wanted to build/restore a car. While I was in high school my best friend drove a 67 Camaro and I told him that one day i would have a Cobra so I set a long term goal of before my 25th reunion I would either be rich enough to buy an original or build a replica. Then i set out doing some research and back when the internet was still young I came across Factory Five and have followed the company and checked in on their website the entire time watching and dreaming. I have never been close enough to pull the trigger just because of life/deployments/PCS's (permanent change of station). Last year after finally bringing it up to the wife that this is something that I really wanted to do she told me that if while we were here in Korea we got both of our vehicles paid off when/if we got stationed back in the states I could pull the trigger and get my kit.

As far as build plans I am torn between a donor kit and a complete kit but I have zeroed in on the drive train that I want to go into the Cobra. I will be going with a 03-04 Terminator engine and Transmission. I think that this is the right choice for me to give me a challenge that I will greatly enjoy. As far as color I will stick with the Blue/White as ever since i was around 8 years old if you asked me what my favorite car was I would have said "1966 Shelby Cobra blue with white stripes" every time. I think that the exact colors will be the 03 Cobra Sonic Blue and the Oxford White for the stripes. I have always wanted chrome side pipes but I think I will go with white heat temp paint. But all of these are just goals and plans at the moment. I really cant wait to interact with all of you on this and the other forum as I frequent both of them in my research and planning. Sorry to be long winded and thanks for reading.

Jason