Boig Motorsports

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Degas tank

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Degas tank

Anyone using a Fortes Degas tank, I want to make sure I'm understanding how the system works. Any help is much appreciated as this is the last issue from installing the body

Post Thanks / Like
    I have one , the idea is simple, it removes air from the system. Mine is mounted high on the pass. F panel. I have the overflow tube running from the degas nipple to a overflow tank on the front X frame, a 16 lb. cap on the degas tank and a 20 lb. cap on the radiator. You run the hose from the outlet on top of the engine to the degas tank and from there to the top radiator nipple. You will need to do some hose searching at the parts store to find the best one for your setup.
    I had some problems with the coolant not being sucked back into the degas tank, but sealing the overflow nipple on the radiator solved that. I would still go through the normal steps of getting all the air out of the system on first startup.

Post Thanks / Like

I have te old style that goes thru the F panel, and I have my fan sensor plumbed into the bottom of the tank.