Forte's

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Spyder 026 arrived yesterday

Post Thanks / Like

Spyder 026 arrived yesterday

Hello all. I posted this on the other forum but since the Spyder forum isn't very active I decided to post here as well. My new old kit was delivered yesterday by Stewart. I'm building with an 01 cobra donor. I look forward to being an active member her and will need a lot of help most certainly. Thanks, John Athey
    Attached Images Attached Images

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Nice garage! Is that a Radical?

Welcome to the forum! I'm looking forward to watching the build, and helping if I can. There are some very experienced coupe builders here, so getting help along they way shouldn't be a problem.

You know, considering there are so very few spyders, it's amazing to me that there are still some out there in "from-the-factory" condition! Good score!

FFR 5369 Pin Drive, IRS, Trigos, Torsen, Wilwoods, FMS BOSS 302 "B" cam , Mass-flo. CA SB100 (SPCN) Registered
    Delivered 4/23/06. "Finished" 4/2012 (still not done!)

Post Thanks / Like
    John-

VERY cool! Best of luck to you. It's going to be a seriously cool adventure. Can't wait to watch your progress; please share!

Regards,

Steve

Post Thanks / Like
    Congratulations on the delivery and future build.
    Doug

Tech Manager, FFR
    Post Thanks / Like
    Congratulations, John - good luck with the build and feel free to email [email protected] or call 508-291-3443 if you need anything!

Jason @ FFR

Post Thanks / Like
    awesome!!!
    MK4 delivery 12/17/11
    Build thread: HERE
    Epic First start video HERE

Type 65 Coupe Ordered 01/17/13
    Build thread: HERE

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by David Hodgkins View Post
    Nice garage! Is that a Radical?

Welcome to the forum! I'm looking forward to watching the build, and helping if I can. There are some very experienced coupe builders here, so getting help along they way shouldn't be a problem.

You know, considering there are so very few spyders, it's amazing to me that there are still some out there in "from-the-factory" condition! Good score!

I feel lucky to have a chance to build the spyder after production has been stopped for so long. I admired them for many years and thought I'd take a shot to see if there were any still around. Thanks to this forum, this one was available. Yes, I've had the Radical for about 7 years now but am ready to let it go.

Superstition Mtn foothills 5 miles west of Gold Canyon AZ
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by beach bum View Post
    I feel lucky to have a chance to build the spyder after production has been stopped for so long. I admired them for many years and thought I'd take a shot to see if there were any still around. Thanks to this forum, this one was available. Yes, I've had the Radical for about 7 years now but am ready to let it go.
    How long was this project in a time capsule? You wouldn't expect it to be in such great shape. Seriously, what shape are the kit components in after this long? Looks like you got a fantastic specimen!! Good luck. Keep us updated on your progress. Thanks, WEK.
    FFR MkIII 302 (ATK), EFI 75mm TB with custom box plenum chamber, 24# injectors, 4 tube BBK ceramic, cold air sys, alum flywheel, crane roller rockers, T5, Wilwood pedals, custom five link with Watt's link, 4 rotors, coil overs, power steering with Heidt valve, alum FFR rad, driver's crash bar mod, mini dead pedal mod, quick release steering wheel hub #6046

Post Thanks / Like
    Skull and bones. I sold him the car. Everything was there when I shipped it to him. The kit is in great shape, but the original owner did a poor job of assembling what he did. It would be best to start from scratch. Too many projects on my plate to finish this one up.
    Mike

Post Thanks / Like
    Wow, congrats! I run the registry, PM me your info if you'd like it added and I'll update it next week. There are a few of us around but we just don't check the forums that often, not much going on since most of us finished our builds. Feel free to hit us up if you run into any hiccups!

Dave

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Mike. Mike was kind enough to run down a couple of missing items but the kit looks like it could have left Factory Five last week. I hope to be able to do it justice. The entire transaction with him was excellent. Plan is to go back to the beginning with it and try to build it right but there's not much to undo.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by cheap View Post
    Wow, congrats! I run the registry, PM me your info if you'd like it added and I'll update it next week. There are a few of us around but we just don't check the forums that often, not much going on since most of us finished our builds. Feel free to hit us up if you run into any hiccups!

Dave
    Thanks Dave. Add me to the registry. I'll post progress periodically.

Post Thanks / Like
    Updated. Behind the driver's seat area (in the rear wheel well) there's a square 2x2" steel tube running from left to right. Inside it you should find the #26 written with a welder. Please verify that for me and tell me the FFR # (mine, for example, is FFR4204GT and it should be on either the sale paperwork or the MSO). Thanks!

Superstition Mtn foothills 5 miles west of Gold Canyon AZ
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    That's very interesting. Glad it's found a good home. Looks like it will have some days on the track! Michael, you're spreading the wealth. You can't expect to build them all yourself! Good luck, WEK.
    FFR MkIII 302 (ATK), EFI 75mm TB with custom box plenum chamber, 24# injectors, 4 tube BBK ceramic, cold air sys, alum flywheel, crane roller rockers, T5, Wilwood pedals, custom five link with Watt's link, 4 rotors, coil overs, power steering with Heidt valve, alum FFR rad, driver's crash bar mod, mini dead pedal mod, quick release steering wheel hub #6046

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by cheap View Post
    Updated. Behind the driver's seat area (in the rear wheel well) there's a square 2x2" steel tube running from left to right. Inside it you should find the #26 written with a welder. Please verify that for me and tell me the FFR # (mine, for example, is FFR4204GT and it should be on either the sale paperwork or the MSO). Thanks!
    The number on the MSO is F5R1000026GT. I can't quite see the welded number. I will be pulling off the wheels later and will update.

Post Thanks / Like
    I didn't see any number in that cross member on either side. Anywhere else to check?

Senior Member riptide motorsport's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Congrats!!
    FFR Daytona Type 65 Coupe
    67 427 Cobra
    57' Belair
    72 Pinto Wagon ,306" 1/4 miler
    34 5 window coupe Ford
    2003 Mustang GT
    99' ZX9
    85 Goldwing

All toys still in the Scuderia!

Every Saint has a past..................every sinner a future

Don't take yourself so seriously........no one else does.

You never see a motorcycle parked outside a Psychiatrists office.

FFR Rookie Craftsman
    Post Thanks / Like
    Howdy John,

Since the Spyder section is sooooo dead, start a build thread like I did on the other forum.

Good luck with your build.

Paul
    FFR 4859GT 414W (stroked 351W, 4.0" stroke, 4.060" bore). Tremec TKO 5spd. IRS w/3.55 and Torsen diff. 13" dual-piston front disc brakes (Mustang Cxxxra parts), 12" rear disc brakes (Corvette parts). 2003 Mustang Coxxa wheels, 275/40 front, 315/35 rear.

Possibly the only person in the world that is currently building a Spyder GT.