Forte's

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Electric Fuel Pump Placement

Post Thanks / Like

Electric Fuel Pump Placement

I opened my electric fuel pump which came with my engine from Engine Factory.
    The fuel pump placement in the FFR manual in the engine compartment, towards the top, where the fuel line terminates.
    The instructions included with the fuel pump, however, say to have the fuel pump close to the tank and below the lowest point of the tank.
    I am using a carburetor.
    I don't see any possible way of mounting it near the fuel tank, much less below the lowest point of the engine.
    I'd like to know the placement and type of fuel pumps that others have used.
    Thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    I made a mounting plate from some 3/16 steel and mounted it back by the tank along with a filter, then ran a line to the pressure regulator counted on the firewall.
    Doug

Post Thanks / Like
    The pump needs to be mounted near to and below the lowest point of the fuel tank, not the engine. I used a Mallory Comp140 electric pump mounted behind the passenger seat on the 3x2 vertical memeber. It is below the fuel tank and takes good suction. I ran stainless tubing along the 4" tube up to the engine and have a return style regulator mounted on the firewall just ahead of my carburetor.

Last edited by lilnuke; 09-06-2013 at 01:42 PM.