Thanks to all of you that have been posting, asking questions, and documenting your builds for all of us to learn from!

It's been fun and educational to keep up with your progress especially from those with skill and experience.

My kit should be here in a week so I thought I would document my build, from a little less experience perspective. It might prove out that my thread should be titled "everything wrong thread", we will see.

Donor options here in Hawaii are almost non-existent, so I ended up buying a wrecked 2000 Imprezza Outback with a EJ22 located on the Big Island. Paid $200, then paid a buddy of mine to strip it and ship over just what I needed. Then I have been buying/shipping over what is not compatible with the kit. I will also be using an automatic, so I have taken on another challenge!

Due to the the extra expense of the FFR crate and then $4300 to ship, I will have to be a little more cautious to keep the final cost in line.

image.jpg

My completion date was 8/31, then a week for FFR to crate it, picked up from my shipper 9/9. It should be in Long Beach now, then a week to cross the Pacific.

BTW, the crate dimensions furnished by FFR are 16' long, 52" high, 6'6" wide and to weight 1500-1600 lbs.