Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: From Dave Smith, RE: GTM Gen 2 Diffuser

President, Factory Five Racing Dave Smith's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

From Dave Smith, RE: GTM Gen 2 Diffuser

Guys,

Last week, I promised to address the questions regarding installation and fitment of the Gen 2 diffuser on the GTM. The guys have done a good job installing the diffuser and writing a procedure. I'm happy with the part, but understand that many of you wanted a Gen 1 diffuser. There are some limitations of doing that, namely it won't fit with the Mendeola transmission and the Gen 1 diffuser doesn't provide as much cooling or downforce and the cooling is a significant advantage of the new diffuser.

The last thing I'll say is when the guys were mounting the diffuser and the car was up in the air, it really did look to me like it was too low and I didn't like how it looked. The guys here reminded me that the GTM is pretty low to the ground and it would look different once it was mounts and at street ride height. They were right and in my opinion, the new diffuser looks great and the functions the way it was designed to.

The spacers were not provided and so I instructed the guys to package and send spacers to Gen 2 customers. This may take a little while because we have the spacers, but are lacking in the fasteners.

If you have any other questions, give us a call and we'll be happy to accomodate you.

Click here to read the installation procedure.

Dave Smith, FFR 001
    President
    Factory Five Racing

Post Thanks / Like
    At first I didn't really care for the look of the GEN 2 diffuser, but I have to confess that the last two pics posted above look good. Nice work Dave / FFR!

President, Factory Five Racing Dave Smith's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    I can totally understand the reasons for the greif. The updated procedure should help, but also the fasteners were absent! We should have this put to bed next week and I wanted to say thanks to you guys for the heads up. I ran out of time this week on the Coupe glass update and other things, but will be in tomorrow to wrap some of them up.
    Dave Smith, FFR 001
    President
    Factory Five Racing

Post Thanks / Like
    I was at FFR on Wed. saw the new diffuser and it looked great like it belonged on the car.

Post Thanks / Like
    Looks nice.
    IMHO needs a formed black wire-mesh cover covering the gap to pseudo-conceal the spacers, et al.
    Shane, are ya hearing me???

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by cmainor View Post
    Looks nice.
    IMHO needs a formed black wire-mesh cover covering the gap to pseudo-conceal the spacers, et al.
    Shane, are ya hearing me???
    Totally agree with you.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have not had a chance to put my diffuser on the GTM yet. Been busy working with my backhoe on some cabin land in New Mexico and setting off avalanches with explosives in Colorado with my brother who is on the Ski Patrol. I think I had about as manly a vacation as I have ever had. I am ready to get back to some body work.

I have a feeling that after looking at the Gen II diffuser for a while, the Gen I one will look weird, so I will try to put it on. Without actually seeing it on, I am guessing that I will try to fill the space with something. My thoughts are some kind of fan to take away heat while the car is sitting still. I was also thinking about Shane's Front Grill http://vraptorspeedworks.com/?page_id=206 . I think something like that set back so if you were looking down on the car from about 5 feet back you would only see the louvers, but if you squatted down you could see into the engine area.

My thoughts. Hope to get to that this weekend.

Thanks

Dave

Post Thanks / Like
    Yup......I'm listening, and slaving away "after hours" to get my new cnc plasma table built. I've got a pretty good idea for a solution to this area for those who might be interested.
    Shane Vacek
    VRaptor SpeedWorks, LLC
    www.vraptorspeedworks.com
    Turn-key GTM, SL-C & Ultima GTR Built to Your Specs!
    Offering a full line of GTM Upgrades and Custom Parts