Forte's

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Forum suggestions?

Post Thanks / Like

Forum suggestions?

Is there a forum suggestions area? I don't see one yet but I have a suggestion.

Could there be a Mid-Atlantic regional forum? I live in Virginia so I'm not really in the Northeast. But it seems I'm not considered to be in the Southeast either.

If there can't be a Mid-Atlantic section, could there at least be a list of states contained in the existing regional forums so we know where to post?

Thanks!

CoryB

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Good thread start. Let's try and keep the suggestions in this post.

Sticky'd.

Thanks!

R

Robert, I really miss you man

FFR Roadster Mark III, 500hp Small Block Chevrolet, TKO600, BMW Imola Red with silver ghost flamed stripes by the immortal Batman.

"There's nothing you can't do, only stuff you haven't done yet!"

Post Thanks / Like
    Wayne's pub. A must have.

Post Thanks / Like
    289FIA/slabside sub forum (for those building outside the regular FFR roadster box)
    Road Race and Autocross sub forums.
    Events sub forum (for posting shows, cruises, like SAAC and Hot August Nights)

Just a few off the top of my head.

Bill S.
    Instead of being part of the problem, be part of a successful solution.
    HOW TO BUY A USED COBRA

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeinatlanta View Post
    I'll second that.

Post Thanks / Like
    Just my opinion...

the right column listing of the most recent posts is okay, but I really like to see them a little larger.

I think the newbies like myself that are really focused on the forum, I pick up my roadster in April, are reading threads several times a day and the new posts lists is vital.
    10 years after my roadster build....
    289 FIA (pickup 28/08/20 if covid permits)
    currently building a 289 and accumulating parts needed to finish a Canadian Kit.

Post Thanks / Like
    Can we repost a couple of the threads?

Jim

Post Thanks / Like
    A Forum Category segregating engine type....Modular...Small Block...Big Block...and "Other".

K&K

Post Thanks / Like
    I'd like to see a better organized FFR FAQs - these are tough to keep updated, but it would nice to try and keep the different build progress threads organized so you could see a list of E brake threads for example, or footbox expansion mods (I know this is not really needed in the Mk4 but you get the idea).

Post Thanks / Like
    PLEASE DO NOT HAVE ANY FORUM THATS NON AUTOMOTIVE. Keep politics and religion out. It divides us

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by CoryB View Post
    Is there a forum suggestions area? I don't see one yet but I have a suggestion.

Could there be a Mid-Atlantic regional forum? I live in Virginia so I'm not really in the Northeast. But it seems I'm not considered to be in the Southeast either.

If there can't be a Mid-Atlantic section, could there at least be a list of states contained in the existing regional forums so we know where to post?

Thanks!

CoryB
    I'm with your Cory. I'm from Maryland and we kinda get lost in the middle.
    Denny
    Mk IV #7365 Ordered 9/27/10, Pick-up 10/30/10, Go Cart 7/30/11 302 cid 030, Carburetor, T-5, 4 Link, Completed 5/27/12, Grabber Blue / Kona Blue
    "One day your car will be working and you'll see a reflection of yourself in a shop window, and trust me on this, that will be good" J.C.
    http://s841.photobucket.com/user/BLTFRDTUF/library/

Post Thanks / Like
    An iPhone app.

Post Thanks / Like
    A car photography forum. A place to discus and show off photography techniques.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by KOUROS View Post
    PLEASE DO NOT HAVE ANY FORUM THATS NON AUTOMOTIVE. Keep politics and religion out. It divides us
    While I can agree with you K on a certain level, the suggestion of a Club House or Frank's Pub would kind of negate off topic posts. It would be nice to be able stray away from strictly automotive.

I'll do a X4 on a Club House and Pub.

President, Factory Five Racing Dave Smith's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    I would like FFR to sponsor a monthly award in memory of Robert Feddersen or Paul Mastroinni (we do an annual award in Roberts name at the summer open house) or Dick SMith or another community member we've lost and who we'd like to honor. This would be a monthly $100 FFR gift certificate awarded to the forum member who was voted most helpful, builds fellowship, helps others or charitable causes. Gotta be a non-clique way to do this and guys would be added to a perpetual list.

An official FFR serial number database (i have some data!) and join forces with that the efforts of others like F5registry.

Dave Smith
    FFR001

Post Thanks / Like
    Picture of the month.
    Year end calendar -

Trick Tool Maker, Super Moderator Hankl's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    I think that this site should be different. Since this will be a site that your younger children, and/or spouses will have open access to, I don't see where a "Pub" is really a viable item. Some of the threads that exist in Wayne's Pub, do belong behind closed doors because of their content.

I think FFR's overall intent is to maintain content that is "Safe" for all to see. We need to maintain the "Family Atmosphere", so all can access this site, without regard to whether the content or comments of individuals will or would offend.

Hank
    “If you didn’t have enough time to do it right the first time. How come you always have time to go back and do it again?” FFR1000186CP

Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car and oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car.
    Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall and torque is how far you take the wall with you.

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm sure it's just because the place was just freshly painted, but there doesn't seem to be many smilies.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    I don't think we need to have anything like that. If you have things that you can't say in front of kids, then you shouldn't say them. There is no need to have a 'pub' on this company forum.
    Type 65 Coupe Builder / Coupe Parts Vendor

Websites:
    myCoupe Build
    F5Registry

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by frankeeski View Post
    While I can agree with you K on a certain level, the suggestion of a Club House or Frank's Pub would kind of negate off topic posts. It would be nice to be able stray away from strictly automotive.

I'll do a X4 on a Club House and Pub.
    So I guess this is a X5? The Clubhouse and the Pub were the two places I always checked first, for a laugh and brighten my morning (or evening), I think there should be a place to banter and laugh.
    A Vote for the POM and Graduation posts would be awesome also, Calendar? sign me up.
    David
    P.S. I don't know about ads but I already miss Mike forte

Post Thanks / Like
    I like the front page (don't know what it is really called) from that other forum, where you can see all recent posts regardless (or is it irregardless) of what sub section it is posted in.

Jim.

Post Thanks / Like
    How about a NEW forum???????

How about a section devoted to VIDEOS of Racing , AutoX and such.
    How to use and where to mount cameras,what type of camera

Post Thanks / Like
    Classifieds - For Sale, Other Vehicles

I have bought two other vehicles from my forum brothers via this section on the other forum...

Post Thanks / Like
    I would like to see an area that allows for open and honest reviews of vendors, whether they are paying or not.

Post Thanks / Like
    How about automatically underlining and making bold a link that has been user created such as the "HERE" in click HERE... They are much more recognizable as links when they are bold and underlined. This should be a function of the forum software as most if not all forums are formatted this way.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mods need to keep the various posts for the different car forums on track. Keep the "off topic" BS on the other forum. Also agree we don't need a "clubhouse" since we have one on the FFCars forum. I already see the Roadster forum going way off track...."What did you do for Valentines Day?" WTF! If we keep the Roadster forum strictly for build questions only it will make it much easier to treat it as a reference library and we won't have to be wading through silly posts while searching a build topic.
    Last edited by Scalded-Dog; 02-15-2011 at 08:19 AM.
    MKIII
    300 RWHP and Torque
    Crate 302, GT40 Heads, Quick Fuel Carb,TKO500
    Finally done. I think I will call her Black Betty

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Two NEW Forums please...

1) Checkered Flag forum - A place to honor those brothers and sisters that have gone off to that racetrack in the sky
    2) Off Topic Other Vehicles - A place for us to discuss non-FFR cars, trucks, boats, planes, you get the picture... I'd love to have a forum like this for the various other build threads.
    Regards - Randy
    Racecar Fab/Support
    GT40 331 - Weber IDAs, G50 5spd
    69 Camaro SS 4spd
    2007 Toyota Camry Hybrid - 44.2 MPG daily driver
    2002 Avalanche 2500 - Avian Target
    My GT-40 Build Site: http://www.GT-FORTY.com

Post Thanks / Like

Android

Quote Originally Posted by 67Cobra View Post
    An iPhone app.
    Please don't forget about Android too!
    Proudly Driving: FFR MKIII #5392, '89 donor, 306 EFI, T-5
    GT40P-Heads, 3-link, 8.8 / 3.55 Rear, 4 Wheel Disk Power Brakes,
    17" Halibrands, 4X4 Headers, Koni Shocks

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Scalded-Dog View Post
    Mods need to keep the various posts for the different car forums on track. Keep the "off topic" BS on the other forum. Also agree we don't need a "clubhouse" since we have one on the FFCars forum. I already see the Roadster forum going way off track...."What did you do for Valentines Day?" WTF! If we keep the Roadster forum strictly for build questions only it will make it much easier to treat it as a reference library and we won't have to be wading through silly posts while searching a build topic.
    I'm just wondering what you have against off-topic or information which isn't strictly about the build? Isn't this about community too?

People frequent forums for many reasons and this place can be a great resource, but can't it also be a place to get to know each other and to offer or receive advice? It certainly makes sense to keep the resource forums dedicated to that, but even very serious builders sometimes relax and have a beverage and shoot the breeze with each other.

We're all adults here and can act as adults. It is very easy to just not enter an off-topic forum if you don't want trivia or discussion: Isn't it?

Just a thought.

Post Thanks / Like
    My suggestion is to have a general build discussion. Segregating all of the different body styles is nice however, the main build issues carry over to almost all of the cars. This would make trying to find things a little easier if you want to talk about a general engine and trans setup that applies to call the cars. I think the main roadster forum will somehow morph into that on it's own but it would be nice to address it now rather then wait and see.
    Frank

Post Thanks / Like
    I would like to see a review of vendors.
    Build Website
    Mk4 7276 Complete Kit; Delivered; June 28, 2010; Roller: November 30, 2010
    First Start: December 11, 2010; First Go-Kart: January 2, 2011
    Ford Racing 306 crate; Carb; Trans: T-5Z; 3-Link; Traction Lock rear end; 3.55; 15" Halibrand; PS/PB

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    I would like to see the forum focus just on things that are related directly to Factory Five Racing and their cars. I have seen things go bad when too much non-company discussions happen.
    Type 65 Coupe Builder / Coupe Parts Vendor

Websites:
    myCoupe Build
    F5Registry

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Questor View Post
    I'm just wondering what you have against off-topic or information which isn't strictly about the build? Isn't this about community too?

People frequent forums for many reasons and this place can be a great resource, but can't it also be a place to get to know each other and to offer or receive advice? It certainly makes sense to keep the resource forums dedicated to that, but even very serious builders sometimes relax and have a beverage and shoot the breeze with each other.

We're all adults here and can act as adults. It is very easy to just not enter an off-topic forum if you don't want trivia or discussion: Isn't it?

Just a thought.
    You are correct Questor, and that is why there is an Off Topic forum. The suggestion was simply to keep OT posts out of the Roadster fourm...Not to eliminate Off Topic all together...or at least that is what I think he meant.
    Last edited by Hoosier; 02-15-2011 at 03:28 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoosier View Post
    You are correct Questor, and that is why there is an Off Topic forum. The suggestion was simply to keep OT posts out of the Roadster fourm...Not to eliminate Off Topic all together...or at least that is what I think he meant.
    That's exactly what I meant. I see the OT forum and the General Discussions forum. It's just good to keep the goofy stuff out of the Roadster Forum.
    Last edited by Scalded-Dog; 02-15-2011 at 04:30 PM.
    MKIII
    300 RWHP and Torque
    Crate 302, GT40 Heads, Quick Fuel Carb,TKO500
    Finally done. I think I will call her Black Betty

Post Thanks / Like
    Okay. My bad.

I misread the intent.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Randy Jones View Post
    Good thread start. Let's try and keep the suggestions in this post.

Sticky'd.

Thanks!

R
    The size of the avatars are too small here. How about increasing the size of the allowed Avatars by just a little bit? Maybe the size that you have configured for yours Randy!
    Proudly Driving: FFR MKIII #5392, '89 donor, 306 EFI, T-5
    GT40P-Heads, 3-link, 8.8 / 3.55 Rear, 4 Wheel Disk Power Brakes,
    17" Halibrands, 4X4 Headers, Koni Shocks

Post Thanks / Like
    A drop down menu on the "Forum" button to access directly the main sub-menus

Post Thanks / Like
    At the risk of sounding blasphemous a Chebbie section for us darsiders?

Tails

Post Thanks / Like
    I second the picture of the month. Maybe submit to FFR and the winner gets a small $25 gift credit or something?

I feel no need for a clubhouse or other such area. This is now a company owned forum and reflects directly on FFR. I'm no prude, but hell, you can turn off Google safe search and find anything you want to "make your day", just don't need it here.

I'm fine with an OT section, but mods need to be stricter on the main forums and move the OT stuff to OT quickly. People will get the hang of it and realize where it goes. Keep the main forums about the cars and helping each other with their build questions.

Finally, I'd like to see a section on insurance/registration/titling like the old forum had. There have been many before us that went through the DMV and have plenty to offer their respective neighbors on how to do it correctly and with as little pain as possible.

I'm sure I'll think of more and add to the list.

Thanks...
    Mark
    Modified Mustangs & Fords Project Snake Charmer

FFR5310 Mk 3 Roadster
    Tungsten Gray/Silver Stripes

Post Thanks / Like
    I am noticing that the display is only for 20 posts per page. Is there a setting I am missing, or can that be set to display more? I would assume everyone would have their own preferences on that setting.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast