BluePrint Engines

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Non-FFR related, requesting a favor:carburator tuner in the Los Angeles area?

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Non-FFR related, requesting a favor:carburator tuner in the Los Angeles area?

All:

I have a friend with a 1965 Mustang that's had a crate motor installed but suspect it should have a thorough tune. It's his son's but he asked me if I knew of people in the Los Angeles area (he lives in Glendale) that knows how to properly tune a carburator.

In my experience with an expert on carb tuning, he used an infrared exhaust gas analyzer, and custom tuned the carb (rejetting and very small drill bits on air-bleeds to fine tune things) and properly recurved the distributor. He's spent his entire career of over 30 years working on carbs and was worth every penny. This is the kind of tuner I'm hoping I can guide him to in the LA area.

Please reply back if you have the name and number of a place in the greater Los Angeles area that you would trust your FFR with.

TIA,

-Herman
    https://hhong43.wixsite.com/snkvnnm-build
    FFR #4883: 347CID|CompCam Magnum 286HR|Vic. Jr. heads|Hurricane Intake | Mighty Demon 650DP|IRS w/Torsen T2 & 3.55 | MSD ignition system | Mallory pump/filter/reg.|Forgestar CF5 18" w/245-45R18 & 295-35R18|Original I-Squared 1+1 System ☺ ☺☺

Post Thanks / Like
    Bob Jennings Dyno Shop, San Fernando Valley 9517 Sepulveda Bl. 818 894-3811 Has been tuning carbs and recurving dist for 35 years +. He does a lot of Cobras and other hot rods.
    FFR3321

Post Thanks / Like
    Dave Label, the owner of AME is by far the best carb tuner I have ever known. Problem is, I have no cars with a carb anymore.
    http://www.automarine.com/
    Frank

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Thanks Mike and Frank.
    https://hhong43.wixsite.com/snkvnnm-build
    FFR #4883: 347CID|CompCam Magnum 286HR|Vic. Jr. heads|Hurricane Intake | Mighty Demon 650DP|IRS w/Torsen T2 & 3.55 | MSD ignition system | Mallory pump/filter/reg.|Forgestar CF5 18" w/245-45R18 & 295-35R18|Original I-Squared 1+1 System ☺ ☺☺