BluePrint Engines

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: 2 Kirkey racing seats for sale, sold as a pair, or individually.

Post Thanks / Like

Cool 2 Kirkey racing seats for sale, sold as a pair, or individually.

I recently bought a partially assembled MkIV kit from another forum member, who ordered the kit with the high-back Kirkey racing seats. I am trying to sell them to buy the standard roadster seats. These are excellent quality seats, but unfortunately, I am a little bit too wide to fit in them, and they don't really fit with my vision for my completed MkIV Roadster, as I want the traditional seats. They are made of pretty thick aluminum, and have some really nice looking welds. They have a very nice looking shape, and they look like a seat that will keep you well-planted in your car. You get full hip support, rib-cage support, and shoulder support with these seats, as well as a thickly padded head rest, and they have cut-outs for your 5-point restraints. They come with a padded black cover that pulls on over the top and snaps down the sides and at the front.

If I was just a little skinnier, and if I wasn't so set on building the normal vintage looking Cobra with the traditional seats, I would definitely keep these. But, despite being excellent seats, they just don't work for me, and have to go. Factory Five is selling these for $835 for the pair, plus shipping. I'll let them go for $350 each, plus $50 shipping if you only need one. I would prefer to sell them as a set, so if you buy both, I'll drop $50 off the price and sell the set for $650 plus $50 shipping. If you're close enough to make the drive (I live in Dothan, AL) you can pick them up and forget the shipping charges. That's a pretty significant savings over what you would pay Factory Five, and these seats are brand new, never installed.

I am listing these here, to give forum members the first chance at them. If they don't get any interest after a week or two, I'm probably going to list them on eBay.

Please PM if interested

Attached Images Attached Images

Post Thanks / Like
    PM sent, I have the F5 lowback aluminum seats in my Coupe that you might be interested in.
    Coupe #497 delivered 7/29/10. Engine in on 10/1/10. Pushcart on 10/4/10. First start on 12/01/10. First go-cart on 12/31/10. Finished and on the road as of February 2012.
    Coupe Body Buck Plans - My Spray Booth - Painting Lessons Learned
    Build site: www.bamacoupe.blogspot.com
    Lots of build photos and some observations: http://www.flickr.com/photos/53614858@N05/

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the visit and the new seats, pyronuc!

Nice to meet you, and good luck with that Mk4.
    Coupe #497 delivered 7/29/10. Engine in on 10/1/10. Pushcart on 10/4/10. First start on 12/01/10. First go-cart on 12/31/10. Finished and on the road as of February 2012.
    Coupe Body Buck Plans - My Spray Booth - Painting Lessons Learned
    Build site: www.bamacoupe.blogspot.com
    Lots of build photos and some observations: http://www.flickr.com/photos/53614858@N05/

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh, yeah. Nice to meet another Factory Five owner and chat for a few. Good to see the seats go to a good home, they'll work out great in your Coupe. Not only that, but selling the seats to you will put some rear brakes on my Cobra. Glad to do business with you, and I'll see you around sometime. Thanks again.

Post Thanks / Like
    A little late, but figured I should mention these are sold.