Boig Motorsports

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  64
Likes Likes:  146

View Poll Results: Startup with new ID1050x or previous EV14s?

Voters
0. You may not vote on this poll
  • Engine startup with new 1050cc injectors

0 0%
  • Engine startup with previous known 550cc EV14s

0 0%

Thread: Frank818 -1993 VW VR6 Turbo donor- Build Thread

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I understand that and try to feel that way. I know you are right Hindsight! Tnx.
    However I got a bunch of disappointments today.

My brake master cylinder is leaking. Right in the middle at the bottom between the cylinder and FFR alu bracket. I have no picture. I clean it up, 2h later there's a leak. I don't know why my mech didn't see that before I got the car back. Will have to spend a lot of time fixing this.
    My clutch master cylinder is awfully leaking. I have to swap the cylinder with my old 2003 NA one and still use the WRX reservoir (the NA reservoir is too wide and hits on the frame tube).

I am very frustrated. And this has nothing to do with the VR6. I can't accept non-VR6 issues (loll I'm dreaming), everything should go well so that I can waste my time fixing the VR6 issues, but no, it ain't going that way.

Mike Everson's brake reservoir kit's lines don't seem to be good for brake fluid, they are leaking through.

2015-09-13 08.01.04.jpg

I spent 9h today on the car. 6h to get the ride height. 6. Not 6mins, 6hours. Then 2.5h to get the rear wheels aligned. Not fully aligned, just back and forth with the control arm so that they fit centered within the fender/bumper. It's gonna take me days to have a perfect ride height and alignment on this car, it's crazy. And how can I center the wheels if I don't fit the side sails in the right place? I need the whole body for that, so screw that, I won't spend 3 months doing that just to get measurements.

0.5h finding about the damn brake cylinder (I already knew about the stupid damn clutch).

These 9h (or 8.5) were a pre-requisite just to get the right measurement for my custom drive shafts. How cool.

Really, since I got the car back home with the engine in, it's been the toughest part of the build yet. And far most frustrating.

If I try to stay funny, here's how I set ride height.

2015-09-13 13.40.40.jpg

Of course it's a joke. Actually I found the fender to be quite high over the wheel, there's a lot of space. Not sure why. I have 2-2.5in of space at the top over the tire.

And this is about the vertical angle my shafts will have. Bad, uh? Don't have the choice (yes, the car was at ride height on this picture, with added weight all around 4 corners to compensate for body, pass seat and other stuff).

2015-09-13 14.59.53.jpg
    Last edited by Frank818; 09-13-2015 at 08:12 PM.
    Frank
    818 chassis #181 powered by a '93 VW VR6 Turbo GT3582R
    Go-karted Aug 5, 2016 - Then May 19+21, 2017
    Tracked May 27/July 26, 2017
    Build time before being driveable on Sep 27, 2019: over 6000h
    Build Completed Winter 2021