Forte's

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  64
Likes Likes:  146

View Poll Results: Startup with new ID1050x or previous EV14s?

Voters
0. You may not vote on this poll
  • Engine startup with new 1050cc injectors

0 0%
  • Engine startup with previous known 550cc EV14s

0 0%
Page 32 of 56 FirstFirst ... 22303132333442 ... LastLast
Results 1,241 to 1,280 of 2231

Thread: Frank818 -1993 VW VR6 Turbo donor- Build Thread

Post Thanks / Like
    Actually I kinda find these issues funny in the end. I mean what were the odds that all these things would happen just cuz of one thing or one decision, it's quite impressive. And I just wanted to let those undecided yet or about to build or order that this stuff will happen to you too, just get prepared so you won't get too frustrated when it happens.

Dan is one of the unluckiest I've read on this forum. 2 or 3 complete sets of body panels, 7 transmission repairs and probably a lot of leaks too. But his car runs and he's happy. So why wouldn't I.
    Frank
    818 chassis #181 powered by a '93 VW VR6 Turbo GT3582R
    Go-karted Aug 5, 2016 - Then May 19+21, 2017
    Tracked May 27/July 26, 2017
    Build time before being driveable on Sep 27, 2019: over 6000h
    Build Completed Winter 2021

Post Thanks / Like
    You mean 1st go-cart drive is half way or first drive with everything buttoned up is half way.......I hope the former! Otherwise I have 2 years to go in front of me.....

Post Thanks / Like
    1st go-kart drive is half way. That's what he told me when I 1st go-karted it on Aug 5th. I hope he didn't change mind, otherwise I still got 3 years ahead....
    Frank

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ben1272 View Post
    You mean 1st go-cart drive is half way or first drive with everything buttoned up is half way.......I hope the former! Otherwise I have 2 years to go in front of me.....
    In my case.
    Started January of 14
    go cart and auto-crossed fall of 14
    auto-crossed with most of body summer of 15
    Registered in fall of 15.
    Drove to high school spring of 16
    7 track days in 16. Blown engine and transmission restricted it from being twice this much.
    2017 is improvement phase. Have about a month or 2 on the list.

Second 818 this summer if we ever stop working on car one.
    Bob
    818S #22 Candy Blue Frame, Front Gas Tank, 2.5L Turbo, Rear radiator, Shortened Transmission, Wookiee Compatible, Console mounted MR2 Shifter, Custom ECU panel, AWIC soon
    My Son Michael's Turbo ICE Build X22 http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showt...rts-818S-Build
    My Electric Supercar Build X21 (on hold until winter) http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showt...e-Build-Thread

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm hoping the first drive is halfway and that includes all the fixes that happen after the first drive.

Started end of March 14
    First drive Feb 16
    Took it apart, fixed the issues and put it together again...
    Second first drive Dec 16

Looking forward to auto crossing (with or without body) this spring
    -Steve

Post Thanks / Like
    Steve, I don't want to spoil the moment, but you will probably auto-cross this spring without the body.

My advice to anyone on the body now or will be later in time: make sure you check all edges for voids. It may look beautiful, but then when you sand for a while (applies to non-edges surfaces too) a pinhole starts to show up. Oh check that out, a small hole! You sand more, it gets bigger. Oh damn. And then you can use your finger nail and crack the gel coat. Aawwww crap, I did it again! Sometimes as much as 1" wide (average is 1/4"). Then sanding all the panels is a lengthy process. Something like 30h on the front end, including hood and removing fender seams. Sometimes you gotta apply gel coat 3-4 times until you get the desired shape.

The good news is the gel coat is SO DAMN easy to apply, cure and make the shape you want that you will always end up with what you want. Let's see the positive side of all this.
    Frank

Post Thanks / Like
    I don't doubt that I'll be auto crossing in kart form, but I like to still imagine it is an option to have the body attached :-)
    -Steve

Moonlight Performance
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hey Frank, look what I found while I was going through a bunch of old photo albums (and by photo albums, I mean physical photos hahah)

Post Thanks / Like
    Holly cow! And I thought my Corrado was old. Is that an IC on the right end of the pic? Can't be, the pipes are too small.
    So... where's that car now?
    Frank

Post Thanks / Like
    Registration process!

I need you guy's ideas on one thing, see below.

I will post on the registration sub-forum once I get EVERYTHING cleared out. Couple of months.
    Someone on this forum who has not posted yet but PMed me found the holly graal, the email address to the SAAQ's (DMV-like) engineer who approves the FFR cars and other custom cars. There are good news but little bad ones for me as I did not use the std Subaru stuff.

One of the rules we, in QC, need to comply to is a 3rd brake light that is DOT/SAE approved. I know, the rules are strict here in terms of chassis construction quality and safely functions. No pollution stuff, thank god, but the rest is strict.

It's the DOT/SAE approval that is the prob here. I've searched for 3 years for such 3rd brake light that I could SAFELY install on the 818 AND being SAE approved but I couldn't find one yet (and until today I didn't know if it was required). Most of the time cuz you never see what's on the other side of the light. Many 3rd brakes lights are very deep cuz they extend from the roof back to the rear window (think Subaru wagon here!). That won't fit safely on the 818, we need something compact and not too wide, I've got my exhaust right there. I think 10-12" wide, and not deep.

Anyone of you guys can think of a DOT/SAE approved 3rd brake light that would have these requirements?
    Last edited by Frank818; 08-11-2017 at 09:40 AM.
    Frank

Post Thanks / Like
    Frank, finally got you some wiper photos

P1130443.JPG P1130444.JPG P1130446.JPG P1130447.JPG P1130448.JPG P1130449.JPG
    Dan

818S #17 Picked up 8/1/13 First start 11/1/13 Go Kart 3/28/14

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Frank818 View Post

One of the rules we, in QC, need to comply to is a 3rd brake light that is DOT/SAE approved. I know, the rules are strict here in terms of chassis construction quality and safely functions. No pollution stuff, thank god, but the rest is strict.

It's the DOT/SAE approval that ****s me up here. I've searched for 3 years for such 3rd brake light that I could SAFELY install on the 818 AND being SAE approved but I couldn't find one yet (and until today I didn't know if it was required). Most of the time cuz you never see what's on the other side of the light. Many 3rd brakes lights are very deep cuz they extend from the roof back to the rear window (think Subaru wagon here!). That won't fit safely on the 818, we need something compact and not too wide, I've got my exhaust right there. I think 10-12" wide, and not deep.

Anyone of you guys can think of a DOT/SAE approved 3rd brake light that would have these requirements?
    I have a dot third brake light built into my spoiler/wing.

grip.jpg grip2.jpg
    818S #22 Candy Blue Frame, Front Gas Tank, 2.5L Turbo, Rear radiator, Shortened Transmission, Wookiee Compatible, Console mounted MR2 Shifter, Custom ECU panel, AWIC soon
    My Son Michael's Turbo ICE Build X22 http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showt...rts-818S-Build
    My Electric Supercar Build X21 (on hold until winter) http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showt...e-Build-Thread

Moonlight Performance
    Post Thanks / Like
    Holly cow! And I thought my Corrado was old. Is that an IC on the right end of the pic? Can't be, the pipes are too small.
    So... where's that car now?
    Yeah it is an intercooler. I basically went to a junk yard and browsed through all the turbocharged cars until I found an intercooler that would fit. This one was out of a Saab-something. The pipes were indeed boost pipes. They look small in the pic but they were probably like 2.25" diameter. As for where the car is now.... it is the only car I have ever wrecked I drove it through a telephone pole after sliding off a road (hit a patch of gravel on a corner and went into the ditch then through the pole). Car was totaled but my passenger and I were unscathed. Engine was fine so I sold the whole thing for parts to a kid who put the engine into his Rabbit.

Post Thanks / Like
    Dan, tnx a lot, it looks now very similar to what I have adjusted, so I guess I'm cleared on that one.

Jeff, that's really sad, although I bet the kid, if still alive, had a lot of fun with his Rabbit!

Bob, that brake light came with the spoiler?

To all people who want to register an 818 in QC, I think all of the FFR lights are not legal, apart probably from the big brake lights. So you remember my awesome headlight buckets and lighting? All crap!!! Good to trash. Plus I learned that I need a VIN to match my G50 gearbox to prove it has not been stolen. So the car will sit in the garage for what, another year and 20k later probably...

To register the lights, here's a comparison of the rules:

Front DRL/Parking -- SAE P -- FFR None
    Front TS -- SAE I -- FFR None
    Tail lights -- SAE T -- FFR DOT-STI (that could work I think)
    Brake lights -- SAE S -- FFR DOT-STI (that could work I think)
    Rear TS -- SAE I or S -- FFR SAE P
    Backup lights -- SAE R -- FFR SAE P (FFR's backup/TS lights are no good for both uses)
    License Plate -- SAE L -- FFR None
    3rd brake light -- SAE U3 -- FFR No light

Don't forget your front and rear side markers+ rear reflectors. Those are different rules.

Solutions:

Rear
    I could get away with the brake/TS if I pay a few 100s bucks to get my wiring code updated so I can use the brake lights as TS. Like Bob on one his 6 colored 818s.
    I need to trash the reverse/TS sockets and find a new solution. My intention is to fit the rear reflectors into the recess area and find one SAE R reverse light that I would fit... somewhere!
    I need to find a new solution for the license plate light.
    As for the 3rd brake light, 87-94 Porsche lights would fit well on the engine cover and maybe the 05-10 Scion TC's. Slim inside. But quite wide, not sure I could fit it with my exhaust but for all builds without an exhaust there you could! So those are 2 solutions for you.

Front
    Now that's a huge headache. The lights need to be at 15" from the ground or more. Same for my front side markers, which are at... 14"!! I did it wrong. I will cheat and raise the car at 5.5" to pass inspection, IF I can raise the suspension that high! I need help on that, is the suspension adjustable to that high with the ring?
    At 15" off the ground, it eliminates the possibility to fit lights in the nose insert. If I find very small DRLs and TS I could fit them on the horizontal fiberglass of the fenders where the fenders start above the nose. Or I need to modify the buckets and fit the lights in the headlights. That is big, would need to delete at least one of the LEDs and then what lights do I find to fit in there? Most OEM lights are now embedded in the buckets so it's hard to extract them and use just the lights.
    I could re-use FFR's SAE P rear TS and fit them at the front. They would work as DRLs only as for TS I need SAE I. But where do you want me to fit those Hella sockets? There's no place.
    At the front, I am totally out of clues right now, usually SAE/DOT lights are never small so they will take place and I highly doubt I can fit them in the buckets. The front look of the car is completely ruined. Not sure what I'll do.

For the G50 gearbox well that's a VR6 issue, I have found the serial number on the casing, I will call the dealer on Monday and ask them if they can trace back the VIN number that was assigned to the serial number. I know they do the other way around, so probably that way they can as well. If they cannot, my only option is to buy a 8k-10k-15k G50 with VIN, use that VIN and sell the newly bought gearbox. Of course, the serial number will not match the VIN, so if they check that far I'm screwed and will need to open the gearbox and switch the casings. More headaches, they never stop on this build, I am really at the end of my patience, my energy is probably at 1 on a scale of 10. This will take me a lot of efforts to ramp up on these issues. And it's not over if I make it, there are other risks I face after these issues are fixed.

Other options are to part off the car and sell the parts or sell the car as a whole.
    Good luck to all quebeckers building an 818.
    Last edited by Frank818; 02-12-2017 at 03:43 PM.
    Frank

Post Thanks / Like
    Wow!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Bob, that brake light came with the spoiler?
    Frank
    My wing is from a 98 Hyundi Tiburon, so it is SAE
    Bob

Post Thanks / Like
    Is it possible to register it in another province? Any local cobra guys? Did they have this much trouble? I didn't realize there was much difference province to province, but then again, Quebec is always the exception. Terrible news, I'd try a different DMV. As far as frame mods, you must remind them that in Canada you technically didn't import a Factory Five 818, you merely imported a "starter kit" to build your own car. Kit cars are illegal in Canada, but building your own isn't. There's guys here with homemade t-buckets with a homemade frame using a cummins engine. If those guys can get plates, surely your frame mods are moot.
    Adam _____ Instagram @PopesProjects____ YouTube Channel
    818 SRX - #91
    Arrived 01/02/2014
    First Start 10/31/2016
    First Drive 05/22/2017
    Registered 10/25/2019 BRAP818

Post Thanks / Like
    Ouch, Frank. That hurts to hear. I think Adam's suggestion about contacting any local Cobra guys is a good next step.
    Last edited by AZPete; 02-12-2017 at 02:20 PM.
    818S/C : Chassis #25 with 06 WRX 2.5 turbo, ABS, cruise, PS, A/C, Apple CarPlay, rear camera, power windows & locks, leather & other complexities. Sold 10/19 with 5,800 miles.
    Mk3 Roadster #6228 4.6L, T45, IRS, PS, PB, ABS, Cruise, Koni's, 17" Halibrands, red w/ silver - 9K miles then sold @ Barrett-Jackson Jan 2011 (got back cash spent).

Moonlight Performance
    Post Thanks / Like
    Oh wow, sorry to hear about the challenges Frank! I know there are a number of cobras running around Canada so I echo Adam's advice as well..... go over the Roadster forum, and maybe even ask around on ffcars.com as well.

Post Thanks / Like
    This time Ben and I took the picture to prove it happened!

2017-02-12 10.11.53_1.jpg

Why not a selfie à la Trudeau?

2017-02-12 10.13.01.jpg
    Frank

Post Thanks / Like
    Ok after 2 really really bad nights, the dust has gone down a little and although I'm exhausted about always having these issues I stepped on it again and started working. At 30h/week on the car I better come up with something.

The rear 3rd brake light must be at 34"+ from the ground. When the 818 is at 4.25" off the ground, the top edge of the bumper is that... 34", making impossible to fit a 3rd brake light in the bumper. So Bob's idea and a 87-94 Porsche cabriolet light are so far my 2 options. I do not want a wing but if I'm forced too, I will.
    The other rear lights are taken care of, will cost me another few 100 bucks and 75-100h of work but the rear lights will work the way I'm thinking my new configuration.

The fronts, I need 4 types of lights, flashers, parking, low beams and high beams. All at 15"+ except the low/high beams at 22" and guess what? At 4.75" off the ground up front, I measured 21.5" for the projectors. This is just ridiculous, this car is so damn low it causes registration issues.
    I have no SAE flashers and no SAE parking lights so far. Thought I could use the low beams as DRLs but those are SAE HR and I need SAE P for parking.

I'll see what the ing. at the DMV says.

I thought of plating in another province, but that involves a lot more things than we could think. I need to rent an apartment I would re-rent so I won't pay for nothing, I need to have this address for more than 6 months every year and make it my main address, change my income tax province (maybe not a bad thing), not sure what happens with health care, then all my insurances will change too and probably a lot more I can't think of. I'm not familiar at all with inter-province living/working. And then what? I stay in 2 provinces for all my life? Cuz if I don't, I bet my entire car (the 818) that anyone coming in QC with a kit-car will need to pass inspection. The purpose of the inspection is to make sure the car is safe and complies with lightning rules (to make it safe). Someone from Indiana with a kit-car coming in QC to live why would he get a free pass and not me? These cars are not from manufacturers, a Honda in Indiana is the same as it is in QC. But not for kit-cars, the rules are per province/state, not nation-wide. I'll ask the DMV but I'm sure it's a lot of trouble and one year before I can plate a car in another province.

The Cobra guys, I know one but he plated in 2009 and in 2010 the rules changed. I could check for other ones who plated after 2010 but at this precise moment what good would it be, the Cobra doesn't have the same body panels and its a replica from the 60s, there are already dedicated places for dedicated lights (unlike the 818). The flashers don't need to be LED, they don't need to have a futuristic look, a big plain round old style SAE flasher will look great and fit great on the Cobra, but not the 818. My best guess is to confirm many things with the DMV and see from there. The inspection guy needs to take pictures of the car, including pictures of the seat mounts. So it's hard to ask the guy to let me go with the Eagle Eyes and when my case will be at the DMV they will find that suspicious looking at the pix. I'll keep the Cobras on the back burner and pull em out if I get there.
    Frank

Post Thanks / Like
    How about a temp 3rd brake light on the roll bar? Doesn't have to be in the back, look at where it's mounted on the back of the cab on pickups.
    818 SRX - #91
    Arrived 01/02/2014
    First Start 10/31/2016
    First Drive 05/22/2017

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes I thought of the roll bar. It will work. Got an idea of an SAE U3 light that can fit on a rolled bar without dismantling too much the looks? I mean there's a wire, those lights are usually square, bolting is not an option, etc...
    That was my challenge this w-e, didn't find one yet but it may exist. In a few days I will know all cars' lights in the world! lolll

Pick-ups are very very very common in the Alberta west. lolll Hey I still got my humour.

This idea is still on my list, not crossed out yet. Keep it up with your rotary, man! And don't come to QC. lolll
    Frank

Post Thanks / Like
    Haha, the only reason I'll be going to Quebec is for the Canadian Grand Prix, and maybe the strip clubs, haha. Don't worry about me, motivation level is trough the roof lately! As for your troubles, keep your head up, stay positive, vent all you like here and we'll all do our best to through ideas your way.
    818 SRX - #91
    Arrived 01/02/2014
    First Start 10/31/2016
    First Drive 05/22/2017

Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah the strips club here are one of a kind. But what else can you do in Fort McMurray? loll I know you're not, but it's not that far.
    Are you coming for the E-Grand Prix?

I actually vent through alcohol, like now, works well, but I need more drugs, those increasing serotonin (happiness). Oh right, I have to drive the 818 for that. Bummer.

Yes anyone's ideas are great! I can compare to others I have or secure some I already have, when others think the same. Like I said a few times, without this forum, there is no way I can make it, could have make (made?) it this far and could make it with the great stuff I have on the car at the moment.
    Frank

Post Thanks / Like
    I don't have a picture right now but I used a Cadillac Seville 3rd brake light which is long and slender and I mounted
    it to roll bar of one of my cars. Lots of cars have shorter ones that could work.

Post Thanks / Like
    I always thought of those super wide 3rd lights, probably the widest I've seen on the market. I wanted to fit one on the bumper but now I know I can't.

Seems a bit big to fit on the roll bar, how did you manage that?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/TESTED-98-99...-/162102346423
    Frank

Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah the strips club here are one of a kind. But what else can you do in Fort McMurray? loll I know you're not, but it's not that far.
    Are you coming for the E-Grand Prix?
    It's about 5hrs north, the town itself isn't so bad, lots to do in the summer there. I have no interest in FormulaE, so little that I didn't even know they had a race here. I really want to see our Formula1 race, even more so after seeing it in Austin, Tx last year.
    818 SRX - #91
    Arrived 01/02/2014
    First Start 10/31/2016
    First Drive 05/22/2017

Post Thanks / Like
    I always thought of those super wide 3rd lights, probably the widest I've seen on the market. I wanted to fit one on the bumper but now I know I can't.

Seems a bit big to fit on the roll bar, how did you manage that?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/TESTED-98-99...-/162102346423

The one I used was straight leds without Cadaiilac emblem. I shorten it. The leds are mounted in groups of 4 so you can make it any length. I had to carefully cut end off, save piece, modify
    pc board, then glue end back on. Probably easier to find a shorter unit. Try wander around a big parking lot and see what you can find. Good luck. I'll keep my eye open for one..

Post Thanks / Like
    Hang in there Frank, My frustration got pretty high for a while, just had to walk away and look into other solutions. My registration was easier than the books and regulations indicate here in Maine. Perhaps it's time to move? Just kidding
    Dan

818S #17 Picked up 8/1/13 First start 11/1/13 Go Kart 3/28/14

Post Thanks / Like
    Not sure moving to the US is the right choice right now. We are all pulling for you to find a solution to each of the challenges. I hope 5.5 of clearance gets you what you need up front, then the big issue is really what to do for the 3rd brake light.
    -Steve

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RM1SepEx View Post
    Perhaps it's time to move? Just kidding
    Indiana's a great place. But I'd steal an american's job if I work there, Trump will hate me, so I better stay here and deal with QC's registration than deal with Trump's fury.

Quote Originally Posted by svanlare View Post
    Not sure moving to the US is the right choice right now. We are all pulling for you to find a solution to each of the challenges. I hope 5.5 of clearance gets you what you need up front, then the big issue is really what to do for the 3rd brake light.
    The 3rd brake light will be easy. 3 good solutions on the table.
    Raising the car by 0.5" will make me legal up front.
    The big issues are front parking/DRLs and front TS. So far these 2 lights will destroy the 818's front design (and maybe fiberglass if I need to re-do angles, height, etc.). Which is why I am currently focusing on finding those lights that would have the least impact on design. Aftermarket good design universal SAE approved LED lights are hard to come by so far, but I have to find them one day.
    Frank

Post Thanks / Like
    Indiana's a great place. But I'd steal an american's job if I work there, Trump will hate me, so I better stay here and deal with QC's registration than deal with Trump's fury.
    They're building in my neighborhood.
    Zero Decibel Motorsports
    Check out my new website!
    www.zerodecibelmotorsports.com
    www.facebook.com/zero.decibel.motorsports

Post Thanks / Like
    I contacted Koni to change my suspension. I can barely make it up to 4.5" in the rear, the ring is at 3.75" from the bottom and I think max is 4", so there is a lot of preload on the springs and I have to scratch the sleeve in order to turn the ring, cuz there's too much tension on it due to the spring. Like I said a while ago Koni has a bad design here, the sleeve spins freely around the shock, making it difficult to grab. My vice is only as large as the sleeve so it doesn't grab easily. Anyway the preload is way too much and I cannot go to 4.75" ride height.

FFR818YellowRear.jpg

Craig I don't have an F600 but I do still have an 818, which is a great passthrough ticket to live in your neighborhood.
    Now where could I work...
    Frank

Moonlight Performance
    Post Thanks / Like
    The spinning of the sleeve around the shock is quite annoying, though I'm not sure what other manufacturers do to combat that. I use a strap wrench (the kind you buy in the plumbing dept of a hardware store) to hold the sleeve while I turn the adjusting perch. It works OK, but not great. It's a real pain in the *** to get enough access to the strap wrench and the adjusting wrench while it's all on the car. You can get it done though. What change do you think Koni can make? Have you considered stiffer springs? I think you will need stiffer springs with the increase in weight you have back there anyway. I would suggest throwing some 500# or 600# springs back there and see where that puts you before dealing with suspension modification and customization. The springs are a common size and are cheap and easy to find. Summit racing stocks many brands of them in the proper size... cost is like $80 a pair or something if I recall correctly.

Post Thanks / Like
    It does work with the strap up to a certain point. When it gets tighter and tighter the strap spins too. The sleeve spins even in my vice, I have to hit the adjusting wrench with sharp short hits with a rubber hammer, only way I can make that far up on the sleeve.

The changes I think Koni can make is providing a balanced suspension build for my weight configuration, just like they did with the 02-07 drivetrain. "Koni, just do the same job with different weights." Yes I will provide them with my corner weights and axle weights so they will have data to work with.

Stiffer springs may require different shock damping too. That's what I want them to tell me, I told them I want the same ride as the normal 818S but considering my different weights.

If they tell me I can change just the springs and no need to change damping, then yeah I'll do that. 600 are too much, I had 600 up front my Corrado so I don't think those are soft enough in the rear of the 818, which is lighter. My guess is around 500, maybe it could work at 350-400. For 80 bucks a pair I can try 2-3 different sets, HA! Do you think after my costly build I am 100-200 bucks short? lollll

BTW I will have to change front springs too I guess. Are there many lbs available or they sell 275, then the next one is 350, then the next is 500 and next 600? Can I find 400-450 too?

Tnx for pointing out Summit on the springs, I'll see that Koni comes back with.
    Frank

Post Thanks / Like
    I answered my own question, there are many lbs available, maybe not in the right size though.

Jeff do you know by heart the length, ID and OD of both rear and front springs?
    Frank

Post Thanks / Like
    Make a bracket that bolts in the holes and has a hole an inch or two lower to temporarily mount your assemble for registration
    818 SRX - #91
    Arrived 01/02/2014
    First Start 10/31/2016
    First Drive 05/22/2017

Post Thanks / Like
    For once it's not for registration. It's for me and the car, I can't adjust corner weights properly cuz I lack adjustment on the rear susp. Plus I cannot imagine my added weight and a heavily preloaded spring will drive nicely. If it's still too soft the way it is now, it will rub on the inside of the fenders. Swapping springs is so damn easy compared to everything else and cost is low, I will give it a try. If I don't have timebefore registration, that won't hurt registration.
    Frank

Post Thanks / Like
    What springs are back there now?
    818 SRX - #91
    Arrived 01/02/2014
    First Start 10/31/2016