FormaCars

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Ray's hotrod

Post Thanks / Like
    Here are some shots of Roush intakes by Borla, the new injection looks great but you can't use the Coyote ECM, you lose variable cam timing and all the features that make for nice running engine when you go with their injection. The filter intake used on their cars gave me ideas to make our large intake work, that combined with the new Eco-Boost '33 side mounted intake filter could make for a good looking fully enclosed engine bay.
    Borla Injection 1.jpgBorla Injection 4.jpgIntake Ideas 1.jpgIntake Ideas 3.jpg

Post Thanks / Like
    In case you haven't seen the Eco-boost 33

Ecoboost 33 - 1.jpgEcoboost 33 -2.jpgEcoboost 33 -3.jpg

Don

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Thanks Don. I have the high clearance bubble hood and I will keep my side panels around until you figure it out . Did you have any problems with your car's tune with the intake you have initially installed?

Post Thanks / Like
    I haven't touched the tune yet, it started and burbled a bit during the first few starts, kind of a rolling idle but after a couple of drives it responds well, the burbling is gone and the idle is stable. We'll see how it works out and I may take it to a Dallas shop that is supposed to be an authority on these engines. I'm chasing to find out if the filter/scoop assembly in the Eco-Boost pictures is available and from who. I have the high clearance bubble hood as well. With the filter and intake plenum removed the hood fits.
    I'm starting on hinging the doors and truck lid, have you done any fitting yet?

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    I am just starting that too. I have sanded the doors down so they roughly fit an mocked up the hinges. I will get the hinges and brackets back from powder coat tomorrow so I will be off to the races this weekend.

Post Thanks / Like
    Ray, I installed the door hardware to get the hinges and openings right in the body and have found that the main member with door brackets installed is not nearly deep enough to allow bolting the assembly together without several shims, which means the supplied carriage head bolts are not long enough. I was wondering if you have found the same problem?

Don

Post Thanks / Like
    Update, well when I worked on the left side the opposite problem, the door bracket was too tall, so I swapped the door brackets and everything fit, I don't understand why but I don't have any spacers on both door frames.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Hey Don, can you send me a picture of what your are talking about. I don't think I have the same problem but I am not sure from your description. I put the first full mile on my car today. Very squirrely. I am definitely have learning to do on the driving side.

first mile.jpg

Post Thanks / Like
    Ray, did you find that the left exhaust protrudes out the back more than the right? I think that there was no consideration for the left front cylinder offset. I sending the car off to the body shop for paint prep and final panel fit next week. Then dismantle to paint sometime in March.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Wow, you are cruisin'. Yes, the rear exhaust is asymmetrical due to the cylinder offset. I assume there is enough slop in the joints to adjust that out. I have not done the final exhaust alignment yet.

Post Thanks / Like
    I still have a lot of work after paint, like A/C finish up electrical, I have a real wiring bunch of snakes to deal with, windshield wipers (yes or no), interior, power windows, etc. Did you go with electric steering? I'm glad I did after driving it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Actually I didn't. I believe I can add it later if needed (I need an excuse for my wife buy me a lift ). I do have power windows but no AC/heater. I will add wipers since live in western Oregon and rain is a way of life. I hope to have mine licensed by late spring and I will drive it rough for a while before I dive into body work and paint.

Post Thanks / Like
    Ray, Don,

I'm running the rear exhaust also and have a question for you two. On the passenger side the "kick-up" over the rear differential is fairly close to the rear deck tubing to mount a hanger. The drivers side is an inch or two lower; mufflers on each side being very close to level. Would you adjust drivers side up or passenger side down? I have the body stored up on some shelving in the garage and getting it down to check for clearance of the exhaust pipe tips relative to rear "roll" pan would be difficult at this time. Any thoughts on this would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Bruce

Post Thanks / Like
    I don't have advice as yet, my go car is headed for body work, then back for me to dismantle sometime in March, then when the body goes for paint I will be working on the exhaust and many other items getting ready for final assembly.
    I think I have the same issues, the right tip is higher than the left and the left is protruding out an inch or two more than the right, I don't think I can fix my problem without cutting the left side pipe after the muffler shorter first.

Don

Post Thanks / Like
    Don,

Thanks for the input. When you reach that point in your build I hope you post something about it or pm me in case I haven't finished that yet. I have sooo many other items on the car to redirect my attention to!

If anyone else out there has any thoughts on this subject I know of at least two builders interested in what you may have to say!!

Bruce

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Bruce,

I am about ready to do the final mount of the rear exhaust. I will take some pictures and post them. Just eyeballing them I have not noticed a difference in height.

Post Thanks / Like
    Ray,

Thanks! And thanks in advance for posting the pics!

Bruce

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    18 months later I am on the road! Thanks to all the help from members of this forum!!

helvetia front.jpghelvetia back.jpg

PLATNUM Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Way to go! I bet that thing is awesome fast.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Ray;
    Congratulations, I decided to go with the hood and side covers, the doors are fitted and trunk. I took the intake off and went back to the stock intake. Working on fitting the top now then power windows next. It looks like the rest of the summer for me I'm travelling a lot on business. Did you sell your Boss?

Don

Post Thanks / Like
    Looking pretty good man..I know it feels nice to get it on the road.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by donshapansky View Post
    Hi Ray;
    Congratulations, I decided to go with the hood and side covers, the doors are fitted and trunk. I took the intake off and went back to the stock intake. Working on fitting the top now then power windows next. It looks like the rest of the summer for me I'm travelling a lot on business. Did you sell your Boss?

Don
    Hey Don,

No I decided to keep my Boss. I really enjoy driving it and, in my opinion, it is the best modern mustang out there so I will keep it for now. I am moving on the hardtop and power windows too. I hope to get it in shape to ship it off to the body shop for the winter. By next summer I might even be done!

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes, I love my Boss too, it sits in the shop and I have been taking it for breakfast runs before my day starts on the '33. It's been raining in Texas for about 2 months and all of our lakes are back up in north Texas. I think the south is pretty well fixed up, some major flooding as well, the old guys who have lived here a lifetime say most droughts end in a flood. We set new records in May for most rain in a month. Needless to time at the track has been nil as every weekend has been rained out but no one is complaining! But June 1st rolled around and the no more rain for several days and none in the forecast.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Just crossed the first 100 miles. Moving on to the sound deadening, power windows... Hope to get it to the body and paint guy this fall.

hotrod blackrock.jpg

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Ray:
    Well after several months of waiting and 200 hours of body work I should get my car back from my local body shop. I'm sure glad I decided to let the experts do the fitting and mounting or doors, hood, side panels etc. I managed to get the all the engine covers on and keep the SCJ intake, however the hood does not clear the intake without mods. I shoot some pictures when I pick it up next week. We had a lot issues with fitting panels to each other, it seems things warp and shift over time. Once I get the power windows roughed in it's time for paint.Going for body prep 2.JPGGoing for body prep.JPG Here are a couple of shots leaving for the body shop in March!

26. Likes shmelty liked this post
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234