FormaCars

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Motor mount brackets???

Post Thanks / Like

Motor mount brackets???

I have the left hand side C5 motor mount bracket, but I can't find a right hand side one. Everyone I call is telling me it is discontinued. I was wondering if the C6 motor mount brackets will work on a LS376 in the gen 2 GTM? Or if someone here can suggest a different bracket I should use instead. I tried a search but couldn't find anything. Also what do I need to change(except for flipping the intake) on the LS376 for it to work in the GTM? Thanks in advance for your help.

Post Thanks / Like
    If all else fails join the Corvette forum and search the "C5 Parts for Sale/Wanted" section. About twice per month a new thread starts with someone parting out a C5. You should be able to get a motor mount bracket from one of those part-outs.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have a pair I am not using.

As for the 376, batwing oil pan, and old style watepump are the ones I think of off the top of my head that will need to be swapped.
    Last edited by Kalstar; 03-22-2011 at 10:59 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    I found a used RH side mount a few miles from me but, if the deal falls through i'll be sure to keep you in mind Kalstar. Thanks for your help guys.

Post Thanks / Like
    I ran into the same problem installing the ls376 create motor. I compared the to mounts at the local GM dealer and the hole placement seem to measure the same. I installed mine with the new C6 mounts and have not run into a problem. You will need to change the water pump if you bought a new create engine. The heater outlets and thermostat housing are to close to the frame.

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes you can change the water pump if you don't mind spending some more $$, or you can just trim the small square frame tube.

The "Camaro" oil pan that comes on the crate engines is reported to work just fine. AFAIK, no need to change it.
    www.myraceshop.com

GTM solution kits
    Corvette and Race parts