Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 21 of 24 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast

Thread: Brando's Newbie 818R Build Thread

fasterer and furiouser longislandwrx's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Perrin makes a bolt on subie kit that uses a Setrab and ditches the factory oil heater . You are paying a little extra for some billet brackets, call them up they might be able to sell you the kit without.

http://perrinperformance.com/attachment/113906-.pdf
    A well stocked beverage fridge is the key to any successful project.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by longislandwrx View Post
    Perrin makes a bolt on subie kit that uses a Setrab and ditches the factory oil heater . You are paying a little extra for some billet brackets, call them up they might be able to sell you the kit without.

http://perrinperformance.com/attachment/113906-.pdf
    They want almost $700 for that.
    That's one of the better kits I've seen but not as good as my setup. A spacer ring and extra gasket instead of getting a shorter pipe? You can find a larger, used Setrab or other equal quality cooler for a few hundred dollars. The Canton adapter plate=$77. The shorter oil feed pipe is just a few bucks from Subaru. Hose and fittings about $100 or so. Equals almost half price of the Perrin kit and it's not a compromise for the 818. DIY!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Scargo View Post
    They want almost $700 for that.
    That's one of the better kits I've seen but not as good as my setup. A spacer ring and extra gasket instead of getting a shorter pipe? You can find a larger, used Setrab or other equal quality cooler for a few hundred dollars. The Canton adapter plate=$77. The shorter oil feed pipe is just a few bucks from Subaru. Hose and fittings about $100 or so. Equals almost half price of the Perrin kit and it's not a compromise for the 818. DIY!
    BTW the shorter pipe (for when you remove the factory oil cooler/heater is part number: 15018aa050

Make sure if you do this you still loop the coolant lines as if the cooler were present.

There is a reason Jeff included the extension and extra gasket. With some headers having the sandwhich adapter right up against the block makes getting the fittings on very difficult. Spacing it down makes that much easier. Obviously not required, but pay attention to placement when you install.

Jeff

Post Thanks / Like
    Why keep the coolant line? Many WRX have nothing there.

If you have the ability to drill and tap then drill out the nipple (the part that would be where this plug is) and it readily takes a 1/4 NPT and you plug it. Or just buy that WRX plug. A very short piece of plugged hose on the water pump and you have a clean mod. I intend to tap and plug my water pump the next time I tear into the front of the motor. There are water pumps for the WRX and Spec C without the nipple. Then, no hoses and no potential for problems. Why are you saying you need the jumper hose?

As to the oil hose fittings not clearing: This may be the case with some sandwich plates, but not with the Canton and -10AN Mocal fittings where the end fitting takes a 1" wrench. These fittings hug the timing belt cover. If anything you will need to grind just a hair off the bottom of the cover in the corner (where the fitting comes off the Canton unit's outlet-the one on the right in the image) so the high points on the hex don't rub when you turn it.
    canton sand plate.jpg
    I suppose this might not work with some aftermarket headers, but it is hard to imagine. I don't know about stock exhaust.

Post Thanks / Like
    With a dry sump like Brandon and I have, You dont need a sandwich plate. The oil cooler just pipes in on the return line before the oil tank. Easy Peesy.
    Last edited by C.Plavan; 10-30-2014 at 09:49 AM.
    Thanks- Chad
    818R-SOLD!!!- Go Karted 7/20/14/ Officially raced NASA ST2- 2/28/15
    2016 Elan NP01 Prototype Racecar Chassis #20
    1969 Porsche 911ST Vintage Race Car
    1972 Porsche 911T (#'s matching undergoing nut & bolt resto in my garage)

Post Thanks / Like
    Why keep the coolant line? Many WRX have nothing there.
    If you have the ability to drill and tap then drill out the nipple (the part that would be where this plug is) and it readily takes a 1/4 NPT and you plug it. Or just buy that WRX plug. A very short piece of plugged hose on the water pump and you have a clean mod. I intend to tap and plug my water pump the next time I tear into the front of the motor. There are water pumps for the WRX and Spec C without the nipple. Then, no hoses and no potential for problems. Why are you saying you need the jumper hose?

As to the oil hose fittings not clearing: This may be the case with some sandwich plates, but not with the Canton and -10AN Mocal fittings where the end fitting takes a 1" wrench. These fittings hug the timing belt cover. If anything you will need to grind just a hair off the bottom of the cover in the corner (where the fitting comes off the Canton unit's outlet-the one on the right in the image) so the high points on the hex don't rub when you turn it.
    I suppose this might not work with some aftermarket headers, but it is hard to imagine. I don't know about stock exhaust.
    You are correct... I was suggesting if you left the fittings as they are you need to do something with them.. but replacing them or using the water pump that doesn't have the extra outlet would work great. Actually I purchased the water pump without that extra outlet by accident so I may do just that. The sandwich adapter I have is a bit tighter, so I might get the Canton one you have, as that looks to fit perfectly.

The header I have seen that had a problem was a twin scroll aftermarket version that had a loop very close to the block near the filter. You can still make things work, it is just a tight space to work in.

And yes, those of you with the dry sump will have none of these issues!

Jeff

fasterer and furiouser longislandwrx's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    . A very short piece of plugged hose on the water pump and you have a clean mod.
    If you are going to all that trouble just get a pump without the hose, or tap and plug your existing pump.

I think the JDM closed vane pumps lacked the extra hose, cant recall at the moment.
    Last edited by longislandwrx; 10-30-2014 at 01:45 PM.
    A well stocked beverage fridge is the key to any successful project.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Long time no see!

This post really doesn't have anything "build" related but I did finally get my car back and wanted to share that. I did however stumble across an audio gem. Sprint was offering this circular bluetooth Harman Kardon speaker for $100 when I upgraded my phone.

It has a 5 hour battery life, a ton a base and I can hear it clearly under 60MPH. The best part is how well it fits between my seats.

I'm pretty excited to finally have some good sounding audio in a form factor that fits snug, needs no wiring and removes in 3 seconds. Sign me up this is just what i was looking for.

So this last engine rebuild took a bit longer than expected but after 3 months it is finally running again. I drove it around town the past few days, focusing on my favorite road which is a 4mi highway (newport coast) leading directly to the ocean. I have found myself driving back and forth on this beautiful stretch after work over slowly breaking in my engine. I have been doing my best to be easy on this new build but I can't lie, I can't resist a 0-70 drag when that curious driver behind a M5 or Z06 wants to test my 818. I don't want to brag on the 818's behalf, but the only humbling experience I have had yet was against a ford GT40 and he didn't pass until 80 at which point I was lifting anyways. Besides that, nothing has come close on a quick sprint.
    I usually am an advocate of keeping the racing on a track, but I will reserve a 1rst-2nd-3rd gear stoplight drag for the right moment. Oddly those moment seem to have happened frequently the past few days. I can't deny the amount of joy I get out of beating very expensive performance cars with a car I built. Priceless.

I am finishing up where I left off registering my car in CA. I have a meeting with the CA ref's next week and if I pass will have my plates by the end of the month. Granted I don't drive the car much on the street I do appreciate the weekend drives. I have CA plates with "818R" reserved and waiting for me.

I am not rushing to get my car back on the track. After losing 2 motors due to bearing failure i'm naturally apprehensive and want to cover my bases. Until I get my traqmate and gauges situated I am going to stick to AutoX and refine my skills there. Next race is Feb 22nd. I am pulling the R6's for A6's and switching the pads willow shipped for their racing pad in hopes of getting a more responsive braking. I have not been especially please with how much force I need to put into my brake pedal.

The break from the 818 was actually well needed. Got my garage situated, worked of healing my back (building that car jacked my lower back up) and just recently enjoyed my baby girls first birthday. My daughter and my 818 were delivered withing a few days of one another. So its a 1 yr birthday for both.

Happy Birthday Rocki!

Hope you guys don't mind the non-technical update. Cheers everyone.

Post Thanks / Like
    Wow that's such a great idea. I just got one of those speakers for New Years. Solves many problems.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Awesome to hear about their b days and that your back up and running. I know the feeling of beating up on other cars. I had a supercharged 91 notchback mustang with like 600 whp( I know the guy) riding my tail and he than tried to pass.... No one messes with the 818 and than tries to pass. I destroyed that car till he was so far back it was a dot of blue oval. Later on that day he caught up with me and asked how much hp I had. I said like 300 (at the time) he said I was a liar blah blah blah. He said I took off from 60, smoked the tires and than it looked as if I got sling shot foward to warp speed. Funny, his discription is how it feels. Goodluck with everything man!
    818S frame #13 Jdm version 8 ej207

Post Thanks / Like
    Good to hear from you again!
    Zero Decibel Motorsports
    Check out my new website!
    www.zerodecibelmotorsports.com
    www.facebook.com/zero.decibel.motorsports

Moonlight Performance
    Post Thanks / Like
    Congrats Brando! Miss reading your updates. Glad it's back on the road and things are well.

Post Thanks / Like
    Congrats on the car, and the 1 year BDay.

Sometimes a little break from a project is all you need to be revived.
    Thanks- Chad

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Hey Brandon,

Happy Birthday to your little girl!

Quote Originally Posted by Brando View Post
    I have a meeting with the CA ref's next week and if I pass will have my plates by the end of the month.
    Good luck... I'm really interested in how it goes. Hopefully you have no issues with the SB100 SMOG assessment.

I usually am an advocate of keeping the racing on a track, but I will reserve a 1rst-2nd-3rd gear stoplight drag for the right moment. Oddly those moment seem to have happened frequently the past few days. I can't deny the amount of joy I get out of beating very expensive performance cars with a car I built. Priceless.
    Agreed... organized street racing or into triple digits is irresponsible, but what car guy doesn't succumb to a red light run when conditions allow? Heck, even my wife in her 1-series will do so... she still remembers the response from the guy in the M3 she smacked-down: "Wow... that little thing is quick!"

It has a 5 hour battery life, a ton a base and I can hear it clearly under 60MPH. The best part is how well it fits between my seats.
    Cool; I'll be ordering speakers soon...

Administrator
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Long time no see!

Happy Birthday Rocki!

Hope you guys don't mind the non-technical update. Cheers everyone.

Rocki is too cute and you certainly married up
    Wayne Presley www.verycoolparts.com
    Xterminator 705 RWHP supercharged 4.6 DOHC with twin turbos

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Wayne Presley View Post
    Rocki is too cute and you certainly married up
    I still think she got lucky )
    Brandi is looking over my shoulder right now. She said, "awe thanks Wayne" and at the same moment punched me for my last comment.
    Both of us agree, Rocki is a cutie pie. We like the fact your daughter shares the same birthday as Rocki, with a "few" years in between.

Quote Originally Posted by wleehendrick View Post
    Good luck... I'm really interested in how it goes. Hopefully you have no issues with the SB100 SMOG assessment.
    Today the CA REF's passed my 818 after a rather detailed inspection. Following that I had to renew my Brake and Light because more than 90 days had passed since the last certificate was issued. Following that I took a massive amount of paperwork to the DMV and to my surprise they finally approved my registration.

So after an arduous process, I now have a fully registered and plated 818R in California. I started this process last May, so it's almost time to renew my registration already. I registered my car by body type, which means I am essentially a 1960 and smog exempt so sky is the limit on what I wish to do with the motor.
    I think I learned a few good do's and don'ts along the way. In the next week I am going to put all my experiences and recommendations and throw it into the registration sub-forum.

For me the satisfaction of getting these plates is on par with my first start. I'm a bit sad I am now out of major milestones but I am looking forward to driving to the next AutoX event in 2 weeks.

Last edited by Brando; 02-10-2015 at 09:33 PM. Reason: added a picture

Administrator
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    I still think she got lucky )
    Brandi is looking over my shoulder right now. She said, "awe thanks Wayne" and at the same moment punched me for my last comment.
    Both of us agree, Rocki is a cutie pie. We like the fact your daughter shares the same birthday as Rocki, with a "few" years in between.
    Only 22 years... Heather was born in Cali too
    Wayne Presley www.verycoolparts.com
    Xterminator 705 RWHP supercharged 4.6 DOHC with twin turbos

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Today the CA REF's passed my 818 after a rather detailed inspection.
    Awesome... congrats!

I registered my car by body type, which means I am essentially a 1960 and smog exempt so sky is the limit on what I wish to do with the motor.
    That's great to hear, since that's my plan. IIRC, the only real requirement from 1960 was a sealed crankcase. I already ditched my cat, TGVs, airpump and evap system (kept the PCV valve, obviously) so I should be good.

I think I learned a few good do's and don'ts along the way. In the next week I am going to put all my experiences and recommendations and throw it into the registration sub-forum.
    I look forward to that, and appreciate it, as I'll be starting soon.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by wleehendrick View Post
    I already ditched my cat, TGVs, airpump and evap system (kept the PCV valve, obviously)
    Yup, sealed crankcase is a must. I actually showed up to appointment with a few things missing. I had no charcoal canister and my Dry Sump Oil can was venting to atmosphere. I brought a -12AN plug to replace the filter and also brought a charcoal evac canister. He did flag me on the oil vent so I did an on the spot switch for the plug which he was cool with. He never mentioned the missing canister. I had no cat, TGV's, airpump or evap system so you should be fine as you are (questioning charcoal can).

Post Thanks / Like
    Brandon, congrats !
    Tony Nadalin
    2018 SOVREN Big Bore Champion
    2015 SCCA Oregon Region VP3 Champion
    2012 ICSCC ITE Class Champion
    FFR MkII Challenge Car, Spec Racer, Street Legal, SCCA, ICSCC and NASA Racing
    818R Build in progress

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Thanks Tony!!

If anyone knows who owns this Cobra please shoot me his contact info. Yet another cool guy from the FFR community.

Only a few seconds behind the Arial Atom. Definitely within reach. Next time
    Buttonwillow 13CW Overall Event Results Speed Ventures

Scargo will do, thanks for the tips

Met a fellow FFR builder who had a very well built cobra packing 600HP. He was running 2:15's. The 818 drew a lot of conversations and was definitely a good time.
    To bad I had to push it back on the trailer after my last run.

Post Thanks / Like
    Looking good man. I want to drive it!

Post Thanks / Like
    Congratulations! Is this the first street legal R?

Do you have to drive with a full face helmet on the street in case of rocks/bugs/etc.?
    Tamra
    Building 818SR #297 picked up 10/25/14 with Andrew (xxguitarist)
    First start 12/21/14, First "drive" 1/17/15
    First Dyno at EFI Logics 3/7/15- 310whp at 15psi for break in, full spool by ~3500rpm!
    First autocross 3/29/15
    1st Registered 818 in Connecticut 7/24/2015. 9 months - 1 day from kit pickup!

Post Thanks / Like
    You're still renting a Uhaul trailer? :lol:

seriously, that's amazing! Congrats dude! Next time I'm out there I want an actual ride in the thing!

Post Thanks / Like
    That's great! Amazing what you can get away with.
    About rocks and bugs: Having raced with a 4-6" windscreen and having ridden bikes (motorcycles), I can say that at normal speeds that windscreen will do nothing for you. I'd think some kind of face protection and goggles would be a minimum.
    In the late '60's I wore a helmet, wore a bandanna and used goggles. Still, the gravel hurt like hell.
    Last edited by Scargo; 02-11-2015 at 06:07 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Tamra View Post
    Do you have to drive with a full face helmet on the street in case of rocks/bugs/etc.?
    As Jeremy on Top Gear experienced in the BAC Mono and Ariel Atom... it's probably a good idea!

Post Thanks / Like
    Congrats on getting through the CA DMV and checking off the registration!
    -Steve

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Thank you. Yes I think it is the first registered R. I'm pretty sure it is also the first fuel powered 818 in CA to be registered. Eric was the first with his 818E but he was able to bypass a few hurdles due to being emissions free. This should pave the way for future 818 owners in CA now that Sancremento DMV has approved the 818 in its entirety.

When driving I just sport sunglasses, they work well enough for me. Out of the 500 miles I have on the car I have not yet caught a bug or rock in my face but it's just a matter of time. I'm not worried about that as much as a rouge piece of freeway debris catching my throat and opening me up. I keep freeway driving to an as needed basis. I sometimes visualize the ducking maneuver i'm going to pull when the car in front of me kicks something up. If I sit up tall the windscreen directs the flow right into my forehead. If i slouch down and a bit to the right the majority of the wind shoots just over my head. The windscreen works much better than I anticipated and diverts the wind quite well. All that said, I try and keep my street driving on the coastline or something like it. Cruising and chill....
    I still can't get over how much attention this car attracts.

I still rent a U-haul yes. I think I am up to 12 rentals since my kit arrived. There is no glory pulling up to a track with a Uhaul, but since I have nowhere to park a trailer I will continue to suck that one up.

Lee those pictures are hilarious.
    Last edited by Brando; 02-11-2015 at 06:09 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    I still rent a U-haul yes. I think I am up to 12 rentals since my kit arrived. There is no glory pulling up to a track with a Uhaul, but since I have nowhere to park a trailer I will continue to suck that one up.
    I can relate to that one. My toy collection is constrained by storage capability more than anything else. I'm sure many in Orange County or anywhere with high land values can relate.

Post Thanks / Like
    Man, I miss driving my Hot Rod with the short windscreen. It was the only way to replicate what I missed most about my motorcycle. Never had a rock hit me either. Think about how many times you've had a rock hit your windshield right in front of your face. It's pretty remote really. Man I do miss it. The wind not the rocks.

Post Thanks / Like
    Glad you are out and about. You should come out to Willow Springs at the end of the month. I'll be out there testing on Friday and racing Sat/Sun. I'm hoping everything holds together.

Personally, I would even wear a helmet driving on the street. That R diagonal roll bar to the left of your head is a Death Trap (Or right for the passenger). Be careful.
    Thanks- Chad

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by C.Plavan View Post
    Glad you are out and about. You should come out to Willow Springs at the end of the month. I'll be out there testing on Friday and racing Sat/Sun. I'm hoping everything holds together.

Personally, I would even wear a helmet driving on the street. That R diagonal roll bar to the left of your head is a Death Trap (Or right for the passenger). Be careful.
    True a T-Bone crash would be bad news, but would you really wear a helmet driving around town? I think even with a helmet you could still be in trouble. I do take an extra glance when passing intersections because of that possibility.

I will meet you out at Willow Springs, although I promised myself not to take my 818 on a track until I get my gauges and logging up and running. Big track or streets? I was looking at the calendar and didn't see anything on the 28th.
    Man, the thought of going to big track makes my stomach hurt.
    Last edited by Brando; 02-16-2015 at 02:44 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    I ran autocross over the weekend, practicing on Saturday and did my first SCCA event on Sunday. I had a blast and have the compliment to quality of people at the event as they were a very welcoming group.
    Ended up 3 seconds behind 2nd place in the Modified Combined and I struggle to see being competitive in that class. I would love to see this car in XP where the cars and laptimes are more comparable IMO.

The car felt really well balanced. I swapped out my R6's for a set of A7's. I could have used a taller 2nd gear, there was a lot of the track that would bog if I was in 3rd or would be at 6k in 2nd.

My best time posted was a 60.384. I know I could have run shaved quite a bit off that but being new to AutoX i'm still a little wet behind the ears. I find it hard to get the lines down in 4 runs.

http://solo2.com/live_results/index.html

I registered for Pro-Solo at the end of the month and am pretty excited to race head to head.

I drove to/from the track both days and had no mechanical issues. Based on that, victory was achieved.

Post Thanks / Like
    I ran autocross over the weekend, practicing on Saturday and did my first SCCA event on Sunday. I had a blast and have the compliment to quality of people at the event as they were a very welcoming group.
    Ended up 3 seconds behind 2nd place in the Modified Combined and I struggle to see being competitive in that class. I would love to see this car in XP where the cars and laptimes are more comparable IMO.

The car felt really well balanced. I swapped out my R6's for a set of A7's. I could have used a taller 2nd gear, there was a lot of the track that would bog if I was in 3rd or would be at 6k in 2nd.

My best time posted was a 60.384. I know I could have run shaved quite a bit off that but being new to AutoX i'm still a little wet behind the ears. I find it hard to get the lines down in 4 runs.

http://solo2.com/live_results/index.html

I registered for Pro-Solo at the end of the month and am pretty excited to race head to head.

I drove to/from the track both days and had no mechanical issues. Based on that, victory was achieved.
    Congrats dude! Glad to hear things look like they are finally turning around for you.

When you ready to blow some more money to get your logging situation sorted out let me know and we can get the Racepak IQ3 for you. I just installed one and really liked the setup. It'll be a breeze to put in your car.
    When we say to our customers "if there is anything you need, please ask," we mean it.
    iWire Subaru Wiring Services
    Over 100 Custom 818 Wiring Harnesses Built
    http://www.iwireservices.com/factory...18-wiring-kits
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like
    I bet you miss that U-Haul trailer !
    Tony Nadalin
    2018 SOVREN Big Bore Champion
    2015 SCCA Oregon Region VP3 Champion
    2012 ICSCC ITE Class Champion
    FFR MkII Challenge Car, Spec Racer, Street Legal, SCCA, ICSCC and NASA Racing
    818R Build in progress

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by iWire View Post
    When you ready to blow some more money to get your logging situation sorted out
    Nice choice of words lol.
    Yea Brian, that's next on the list. I will hit you up.

Quote Originally Posted by FFRSpec72 View Post
    I bet you miss that U-Haul trailer !
    Who wouldn't! Those are class act pulling up to the track

Post Thanks / Like
    Be careful what you wish for. At the national level, XP is actually harder to trophy in than E-Mod (by time). The last trophy place in XP for 2014 nationals would have been 2nd place in E-Mod!!! Of course Kiesel dominates 1st place in e-mod. However, locally, XP looks like a fun class, always has a good turnout (whereas emod does not), and also has more fun aero permitted.

Did they let you run your wing in EM?

Glad to see you had a successful autocross and good luck at the next event!
    Tamra
    Building 818SR #297 picked up 10/25/14 with Andrew (xxguitarist)
    First start 12/21/14, First "drive" 1/17/15
    First Dyno at EFI Logics 3/7/15- 310whp at 15psi for break in, full spool by ~3500rpm!
    First autocross 3/29/15
    1st Registered 818 in Connecticut 7/24/2015. 9 months - 1 day from kit pickup!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Yes they let me run the wing in EM. Could be because nobody was in my class to gripe about it. Kiesel was out there on Saturday turning 52's which was 6 seconds faster than my best that day. Untouchable.
    All the guys I kick it with at the events run XP/DP so that has a lot to do with my desire to be in that class, but that is an interesting point you bring up about being harder to trophy in. Good to know.
    I could be reading it wrong, but I think in XP i would have placed first for the prepared combined PAX time.
    Last edited by Brando; 03-09-2015 at 04:53 PM. Reason: I can't spell

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm glad to hear that the engine and car is hanging together. Great news!
    I ran Solo years ago. In 2010 I did some Auto-X in my STi. The classes and the way they apply the rules baffle me. How does Modified Combined equate to EM? I don't see EM on the list. I'm confused again...

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    I ran 4 runs at a National pro-solo event over the weekend. I left early because we had some insane surf and my family was requesting a beach weekend. I was going to not race at all, but found out that since I was the 5th entry in the Modified class, had I not run the event they wouldn't have made the 5 minimum in the class to avoid being bumped. I figured I would do the guys a favor and run my car and give them their own class. Needless to say the guys were very pleased and I made some new friends in the Modified class. They were kind enough to match me up with fastest car at the event. His index is 1 and even Jeff can't keep up with this guy in a heads up race. You can see Jeff Kiesel behind me, nice guy we had a long talk about classing and met the right people who can help get the 818 into XP eventually. I need to be proactive and start building my case to the SCCA, but in the meantime I will take my whipping running with these monster cars.

My 60ft was 1.8sec, although i never really nailed a launch because I was too excited and dropped the clutch too hard. KC in the car next to me posted the fastest times of the day at 33 seconds. My best in the 4 runs I did was a 39. Although that's not competitive in EM it would have mid pack for XP. I think if I had stuck around all 12 runs a 37 second run was in reach which would have been 3rd place for XP. Fred Zust in his 2005 Lotus is pretty untouchable for the XP class, he was running 34's.

All in all, car ran and handled great. I went wide on a few cones and didn't get a good reaction time, but was focusing not to DNF to make sure my runs were valid so i could scoot home after my first heat.

I broke my gopro 90 degree mount just before my race, so had to mount it the sidebar last second.

Good times, but honestly I still prefer road racing over autox. Not a fan of working cones in 90 degree heat, and I like a little more time behind the wheel. Mostly, I prefer knowing my track.

Page 21 of 24 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast