Midwest Classic Insurance

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: My Gold GTM returning stateside

Post Thanks / Like

My Gold GTM returning stateside

For those that didn't know, three years ago I sold my GTM to a buyer that resided in Malaysia. Malaysia has strange import rules and he imported it as a "race car" which has a three year limit on import.

Customs has demanded it's export from Malaysia so I have agreed to accept it's return and will be selling it for him. If anyone is interested there are plenty of photos of it on the FFR website and I will be able to go into more details about price and condition once I go down to New York to pick it up after it arrives on the 16th.

Post Thanks / Like
    Crazy, what a *****. I feel for the guy.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thats a shame for him not to be able to own one of these cars. On a side note that GTM and the first one that Shane built were the cars that kept me away from the SLC. They were just to beautiful. That gold GTM really inspired my build so in a way I am glad to see it coming back to its home.

Post Thanks / Like
    That's such a shame for him, and such a stroke of luck for some other lucky sob
    I've really admired that gold GTM so many times. As a matter of fact, one of the SEMA pictures of it is my desktop background. I'd really love to see it in the sun, as I've heard tell it's quite stunning.
    Good luck with the sell, and if I happen to win this lotto I'll drop you a line!

Post Thanks / Like
    Just wanted to let everyone know that I have purchased this car and I am going to be offering it for sale as-is. I am soooo busy with work and my own GTM-X and my 818R that I just don't have the time or space to reassemble it right now which is why I am going to try to sell it like it is. If I can't get what I need to for it, I'll reassemble it this winter. I'm figuring 2 days to get the engine and transaxle back in and running, then 3-5K for a bodyshop to fix the damage that occurred during shipping. If seriously interest feel free to send me a private message. Don't forget, all the nightmare work is done! the doors and windows, all the panel fitments, and I had over $65,000 into it! Also note it has AC, power steering, stereo, navigation, on and on and on. Honestly if my GTM-X sells, I'd prefer to keep this one for myself!