Very Cool Parts

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  7
Likes Likes:  19
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: IMPORTANT : Registration and New Member Functionality PLEASE READ

Post Thanks / Like
    You wimp. Be an adult and post 20 meaningless posts like the rest of us.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Good work.

Post Thanks / Like
    Was wondering why I couldn't access my profile...

Post Thanks / Like
    glad i saw this as I was having trouble putting my location in my profile

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    A reminder for those registering. Pay attention to the BIO and name/email fields!! If you put something generic in there - especially the bio field - there's a better than average chance your registration will be rejected. Small, generic answers like "New to site", "Car Lover", "Mechanic" will get you rejected. The registration form states:

Fill in a few details about yourself, and specifically, why you are signing up for this forum. This field is required, and is used to help verify you are not a spammer. Don't put gibberish or generic answers in this field, as it will be viewed by the membership moderator after signup. If the moderator can't tie this answer to why you have signed up for this site, your membership request will be denied, and you will have to re-register!

Please, once again, pay attention to the instructions on the reg. form.

FFR 5369 Pin Drive, IRS, Trigos, Torsen, Wilwoods, FMS BOSS 302 "B" cam , Mass-flo. CA SB100 (SPCN) Registered
    Delivered 4/23/06. "Finished" 4/2012 (still not done!)

Post Thanks / Like
    Glad I saw this I couldn't figure out why I couldn't edit my profile. Guess its time to start posting

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    bump.

FFR 5369 Pin Drive, IRS, Trigos, Torsen, Wilwoods, FMS BOSS 302 "B" cam , Mass-flo. CA SB100 (SPCN) Registered

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kafka_Esquire View Post
    We interpret that to be spamming the forum. From the Code Of Conduct Agreement:

Spamming

Spam includes, but is not limited to, the following:

* Excessive off-topic threads
    * Posting nonsensical messages
    * “Flooding” the forum with similar meaning messages
    * Post-Count farming
    * Inciting a forum war or riot
    * Outwar-style links
    * Blatant advertising
    * Messages without content
    * "Padding" your post count with meaningless or generic posts, especially to gain access to the Classified Section
    * Fraudulent activity (Pyramid schemes, chain letters, etc.)
    * Free-____ links (i.e. Free iPods, Free PSP, etc. etc.)

Any form of spamming by a member will result in a sanction up to and including being banned.

Post Thanks / Like
    Prolly should have read this before I was messing with my profile.... new to these forum things lots of useful info in here though.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    bump for all the new guys

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello David,
    I am a new member. I wrecked my 2001 Mustang Cobra three weeks ago. I spoke to a lady at the Factory Five toll free number and she instructed me to try to sell on the forum. I read the rules and have been trying to post my twenty so the sell option is unlocked. The problem is that I cannot post to some of the other posts. You s there anyway you can help me? It was bad enough to total my Cobra but not being able to find a serious community to market it to is a bummer. I hope you can help.
    Thank you!
    Scott Abney

Post Thanks / Like
    BTW...I certainly understand why you have to place the restrictions.
    Thanks again,
    Scott Abney

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Scott, you're good to go. Sorry about your car. Hopefully someone can turn it into a nice FFR!

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you David. Hopefully so. I really appreciate the community here.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    I've updated the title and first post for clarity.

Bump.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks, Dave, for keeping this site clean and friendly!
    818S/C : Chassis #25 with 06 WRX 2.5 turbo, ABS, cruise, PS, A/C, Apple CarPlay, rear camera, power windows & locks, leather & other complexities. Sold 10/19 with 5,800 miles.
    Mk3 Roadster #6228 4.6L, T45, IRS, PS, PB, ABS, Cruise, Koni's, 17" Halibrands, red w/ silver - 9K miles then sold @ Barrett-Jackson Jan 2011 (got back cash spent).

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Bump for the too generic registration Bio field crowd..

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Kafka_Esquire View Post
    Yeah!

By the way this was post #20 for me!

Stork 😏

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    bump

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks David. It is fine that we have a few hoops to jump thru to get access to the valuable info on these forums. Len

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Vette1972 View Post
    Thanks David. It is fine that we have a few hoops to jump thru to get access to the valuable info on these forums. Len
    Len these provisions are intended to keep the spam out but if you need access to your profile just let me know.

Post Thanks / Like
    David my page opened after my 20th post just fine. I updated my bio info earlier. Thanks! I purchased a Gen 2 pdf build manual to start the study for a build. I hope to start in fall 2017. I printed the tool list to start the check off process. I have admired the Coupe for years but when I saw the Gen 3, WOW! It has been great fun and educational to read the build threads for Coupes and Roadsters. After I took the time to look at the Roadster info, I realized suspension, engine, tranny etc relate to the Coupe as to how parts go together. Thanks for looking out for newbies like me. Len

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Bump for the newbies who don't read registration instructions. Sorry, I don't (EDIT: OK "I dont often". Never say never... ) make judgment calls on generic bio entries...

Post Thanks / Like
    Here is a bump for new users/old lurkers who don't read the instructions (like me). But more so to thank David for managing the forum access. Forum moderation is tireless (like my roadster), but doesn't have to be thankless...

Thanks David!
    James

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Thanks James!

Bump for the non-readers out there (2 today...)

Super Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like
    David,

I have noticed that the amount of "spam" has dropped significantly here so whatever you're doing, keep it up. The "other Forum" is much busier in regards to spam etc. and requires more of my attention than this one.

Great job!

Ray
    I'm not getting gray, I'm adding chrome....

“Under-steer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car and over-steer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car. Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall and torque is how far you take the wall with you.”
    -- Jacques Schnauzee "World Famous Racecar Driver"

"If you can make black marks on a straight from the time you turn out of a corner until the braking point of the next turn, then you have enough horsepower."--Mark Donohue

Post Thanks / Like
    New to forum but the Factory Five guys are great. Always helpful.

Post Thanks / Like
    What happens after 20 post?

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh the restrictions...

Post Thanks / Like
    The paypal fee is an interesting approach to spammers. I run a forum and am a certified Spam Fighter. Thanks for your hard work.

Mick'nTN

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Bump for the trying-to-register non-bio filler-outers...

PLEASE put something relevant to FFR or this site in the bio please!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    bump. You know why...

Post Thanks / Like
    I don't remember what info I offered up 5 years ago, but whatever it was would've probably prompted a rebuke and "bump" in this thread by David. Glad you're doing a good job, David.

Post Thanks / Like
    This is my second post, I just joined. This is the second forum I've ever been a member of. Looks like good people here and I like the rules. It helps maintain the integrity of the forum and a fun place to get info. Congrats on keeping things clean

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Thanks guys.

I'm posting to remind people that a certain amount of flair and humor is encouraged as a screen name but I'll have to refuse vulgar or tasteless/dangerous user ID's.

For example, I rejected serialkLLr today. Said all the right things in the bio, no other problems. But "Serial Killer"? uh, no.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Bump for those who forget to READ THE DIRECTIONS...

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for validating my account, as I too am a long time lurker and I'm looking forward to asking questions and gaining a little knowledge before I purchase a kit. This has been a dream of mine for almost 30 years! I have 2 kids in college and when they are able to stand on their own 2 feet I will order my kit and start building my dream! From the posts that I've been reading it appears that most all of your members go way out of their way to help all the newbies with any questions they might have. THAT is one of the biggest reasons I wanted to join because in this day and age most people just don't want to help anybody else. You guys should be proud of that and I only hope I may be able to contribute a little on here in the future. For what it's worth I would gladly make a donation of $5.00 to a charity in order to gain access to this forum and talk to folks who have already been there and done that with their dream cars. From some of the tips and mods I've seen recently it will certainly save me well over 5 bucks!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by 1volfan View Post
    Thanks for validating my account, as I too am a long time lurker and I'm looking forward to asking questions and gaining a little knowledge before I purchase a kit. This has been a dream of mine for almost 30 years! I have 2 kids in college and when they are able to stand on their own 2 feet I will order my kit and start building my dream! From the posts that I've been reading it appears that most all of your members go way out of their way to help all the newbies with any questions they might have. THAT is one of the biggest reasons I wanted to join because in this day and age most people just don't want to help anybody else. You guys should be proud of that and I only hope I may be able to contribute a little on here in the future. For what it's worth I would gladly make a donation of $5.00 to a charity in order to gain access to this forum and talk to folks who have already been there and done that with their dream cars. From some of the tips and mods I've seen recently it will certainly save me well over 5 bucks!
    And Thank You(!) for validating our philosophy of brotherhood and community.

I've never actually said this before publicly, but if you click on Settings you could actually become a supporting member. Look under subscriptions.

(So far I'm the only member. But hey, I'm also the only member with a super cool little gold medallion under my name.)

Post Thanks / Like
    David, I looked at "Supporting Member" and saw it would give me access to a members-only area. Does that exist? Considering all the help and entertainment I've received from this forum, I'd gladly cough up some bucks with or without any extra benefits.
    818S/C : Chassis #25 with 06 WRX 2.5 turbo, ABS, cruise, PS, A/C, Apple CarPlay, rear camera, power windows & locks, leather & other complexities. Sold 10/19 with 5,800 miles.
    Mk3 Roadster #6228 4.6L, T45, IRS, PS, PB, ABS, Cruise, Koni's, 17" Halibrands, red w/ silver - 9K miles then sold @ Barrett-Jackson Jan 2011 (got back cash spent).

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by AZPete View Post
    David, I looked at "Supporting Member" and saw it would give me access to a members-only area. Does that exist? Considering all the help and entertainment I've received from this forum, I'd gladly cough up some bucks with or without any extra benefits.

EDIT: Yes, a supporting members only forum does exist.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast