Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  7
Likes Likes:  19
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: IMPORTANT : Registration and New Member Functionality PLEASE READ

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Bump for the new guys.

Byron, thanks for the vote of confidence.

rwantin, I upgraded your account. PM sent.

FFR 5369 Pin Drive, IRS, Trigos, Torsen, Wilwoods, FMS BOSS 302 "B" cam , Mass-flo. CA SB100 (SPCN) Registered
    Delivered 4/23/06. "Finished" 4/2012 (still not done!)

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey David,

I've recently registered and would like to update my profile, add some pictures, etc. I seem to be blocked from doing that so, thought I'd ping you.

Also, I've decided to part with my Spec Racer and would like to run a classified once the forum allows. I read the forum rules and noticed the 20 posting requirement. Is that a fixed requirement or something to avoid spammers?

Thanks for your help,
    Keven

Post Thanks / Like
    Sending another tickler...thanks again...
    Keven

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Keven I upgraded your account.

FFR 5369 Pin Drive, IRS, Trigos, Torsen, Wilwoods, FMS BOSS 302 "B" cam , Mass-flo. CA SB100 (SPCN) Registered

Post Thanks / Like
    David,
    Just joined, I am in the planning process for my Roadster. I won't be posting much, if at all for a while mainly just reading and collecting ideas for my own build.
    I have a couple of toys to sell and a house to finish that we are just starting, before I can buy the complete kit. Have the bosses go ahead though.

I understand the need for spam prevention I am a moderator on another forum, it is a near constant task.

Is there anyway I can edit my own profile or do I need to wait for the 20 post mark?

I have searched google and bing until my laptop gave in. I found WAY more info in the last 30 mins than I did in the last 6 months searching google and Bing.
    I would be up for a $5 join fee if its given to a charity, say a known CF charity. I am not willing to pay via PAYPAL. I hate paypal, I got raked over the coals after selling something to a scammer on ebay years ago. I'll be glad to send a check or pay via CC but NOT via PAYPAL.

Also are there any clubs in the Alabama area that feature a heavy FFR presence?
    Last edited by ohanacreek; 09-02-2014 at 11:33 AM. Reason: Extra Thought.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    ohana,

I upgraded your account. Welcome to the forum!

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi David,

I am newly registered and would like to update my profile and add pics of my new build that i have just started,

John

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    John, you're good to go.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey David, I believe this is my 20th entry. My 818S kit will be here tomorrow and I would like to post pictures. Can you tell me the simplest way to do that? I'm gonna need lots of help! I would like to update my profile too.

Thanks, Sam

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    David

Attached is the picture of my MK ll that I would like to add to my profile as well as indicating that I reside in Strasburg,VA.IMG_33419-1.jpg

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    RJF9301,

Nice ride! Your account is converted.

samuel, the system converted you since you now have 20 posts.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    David

Thanks.

Bob

Post Thanks / Like
    David. I have put in information for my profile and would like to add a picture to it. Can you look it over and allow me to do that? Thanks, Sam

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by samuel View Post
    David. I have put in information for my profile and would like to add a picture to it. Can you look it over and allow me to do that? Thanks, Sam
    Click on the "Settings" link in the upper right hand corner and then under "My Settings" on the left click the "Edit Profile Picture" link. That should bring up a page that will allow you to upload or link to a file.

I checked your account permissions and you should be good to go.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Some folks have joined lately to sell donors and parts so I'm giving this a bump so that hopefully they will see it...

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi David
    I also will send a buck to stop spam until the government airs weekly spammer cane-ing on primetime TV.
    I have been fighting spammers and virus attacks since '95.
    20 posts is fine as well. I tend to lurk and soak in all I can.
    I attended the HB event in 13 by accident the wife and I were pier walking and I veered into the mass of cobras , OK, OK, roadsters.
    Most of my car + MC building was in the 70s, 80s. in the 2000s I was building Battlebot combat robots.
    Hoping to start a 818s soon but I am still fact finding.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Looks like this needs a bump. I've had 2 new user inquiries today...

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    bumpity bump...

wanna be
    Post Thanks / Like
    I hate spammers

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by timbro101 View Post
    I hate spammers
    Me too!

Tomorrow it will be one year that we have had these restrictions in effect and the forum has bee virtually spam free (I say virtually because there's always that 1 guy who joins without reading the rules). We really nailed it with this update and haven't had to make any adjustments to the rules since, although I do occasionally make adjustment for new users who own FFR's or folks that have been around a while but don't post very often...

We have been reviewing the "state of affairs" and will announce a reduction of some restrictions soon. I feel we can loosen some of these restrictions - like allowing profile editing, for example - without too much risk. More on that later...

I really appreciate the support in tolerating the restrictions for the good of the community!

FFR builders and builders-to-be, you're an awesome bunch!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    bump

Post Thanks / Like
    Just trying to get to 20 so I have access, I do agree with the rules for the most part at this stage.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi David-
    Been a member since 2011 and haven't been active other than reading.
    My 818S was delivered last Spring and I have been busy.
    An upgrade so I can test the market would be appreciated.
    JohnH

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    John, You're all set.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    bump

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi David we are in the David club! This must be a daunting job. Thank you. As a new member I understand how important it is to prevent spammers from invading this forum. I have just purchased my kit and I have started working on the power train. Could you please update my account so I can start posting photos?

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    I think I understand this but am a bit concerned some will just spam the chats to get higher status. Personally I haven't come up with 20 things to say will be awhile before I can post a pic of my ride or anything like that. Its ok hope this helps whatever issue your trying to remedy.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Dave and Thomas, you both are upgraded.

Post Thanks / Like
    Ok, I have more than 20 posts, I can't post pictures to my build thread, and last I checked, I could not edit my profile.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello David, and all the forum members,

I have been wanting to start a kit for a few years now, I believe I had everything planned out until recent events....I AM going to build a Corvette killing 'Type 65 Coupe'
    The only thing holding me back from starting this project is I don't have a place of my own nor a garage to use while this is being built. Although I can start this today I would rather purchase a place and then begin the project in a few years, instead of the other way around.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Metal,

Welcome to the forum! Where are you located?

Post Thanks / Like
    I am located in Colorado, I haven't updated my profile just yet.

Post Thanks / Like
    The rules make perfect sense.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Thanks David

Post Thanks / Like
    So when I hit 20 posts, will I be able to change email subscription settings, like get an email when someone sends me a PM? I didn't even realize the restrictions until I went to update/edit my profile.

I'm still in analysis paralysis mode where I'm trying to figure out what I want to order and make a game plan. I don't have anything to add at this point and would only be asking questions. I understand the 20 post thing (the other site has a 10 post thing to eliminate spam too), but it's tough for those of us who don't have much to say yet. I'll gladly pay pal a buck to get the restrictions lifted.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by networkcrasher View Post
    So when I hit 20 posts, will I be able to change email subscription settings, like get an email when someone sends me a PM? I didn't even realize the restrictions until I went to update/edit my profile.

I'm still in analysis paralysis mode where I'm trying to figure out what I want to order and make a game plan. I don't have anything to add at this point and would only be asking questions. I understand the 20 post thing (the other site has a 10 post thing to eliminate spam too), but it's tough for those of us who don't have much to say yet. I'll gladly pay pal a buck to get the restrictions lifted.
    Getting to 20 posts is easy. Start a thread introducing yourself. That aught to be good for 4-5. Start a thread or two asking a basic question about the build. Comment in a few threads. Get used to interacting on the site, instead of lurking. The site is much better if you participate, I promise!

Post Thanks / Like
    The issue is I have nothing to add, and crippling the site, for me, by requiring 20 posts for new members to even edit their profile options is a bit of a pain. Add that to 'asking basic questions' that are easily answered by searching sort of makes it impossible unless I'm posting meaningless things. I'm sure it's fun to interact, but unless I have something constructive to add, I'm just not going to say anything. I understand spam is an issue and all of that, but to cripple legitimate members until they hit a magical threshold is sort of silly.

I can't even update my location yet.

Post Thanks / Like
    The issue is I have nothing to add, and crippling the site, for me, by requiring 20 posts for new members to even edit their profile options is a bit of a pain. Add that to 'asking basic questions' that are easily answered by searching sort of makes it impossible unless I'm posting meaningless things. I'm sure it's fun to interact, but unless I have something constructive to add, I'm just not going to say anything. I understand spam is an issue and all of that, but to cripple legitimate members until they hit a magical threshold is sort of silly.

Maybe it should be 20 posts or a certain amount of time logged in/since creation of account. (30 active days, 60 days since account creation, etc)

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

OK squeaky wheel, I upgraded your account. You can make those all-important profile edits now.

Post Thanks / Like
    LOL thank you sir

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast