BluePrint Engines

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: +50 offset wheels work?

Post Thanks / Like

+50 offset wheels work?

Will 17" 50mm offset work on the 818s? The rims are 7.5". I assume since the rims are not that wide that these will fit with no spacers. I'm going with 215/40r17 front and 225/45R17 rear. I have not assembled the spindles yet and need to know if I need extended studs or not. I'm thinking that the wheels will probably be recessed in the fenders a little with this offset. Anyone with any experience with this size offset?

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Quiny
    I tested my autocross tires on the 818. They are Toyo R888 225/45-16 on 6 1/2" 16" 55 offset rims.
    The tires fit well with more than 1/2" clearance everywhere in front.
    I think your good.
    Bob

right clearance.jpg
    Last edited by Bob_n_Cincy; 12-17-2013 at 04:58 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    There is a thread out there about the wheel well rubbing with 225 width tires. I want to say it was on 17's

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    They will fit up front, but be very close to rubbing out back. I am running a 18x9 +42 with a + 3mm spacer out back and I could go another + 5mm. Up front is a 17x8 +35 and I could go another+2mm. So with a +50 you will be way inboard on the body and almost touching the rear suspension . I had 17x7.5+53 and they rubbed slightly on some hard corners with minimal camber.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by metalmaker12 View Post
    They will fit up front, but be very close to rubbing out back. I am running a 18x9 +42 with a + 3mm spacer out back and I could go another + 5mm. Up front is a 17x8 +35 and I could go another+2mm. So with a +50 you will be way inboard on the body and almost touching the rear suspension . I had 17x7.5+53 and they rubbed slightly on some hard corners with minimal camber.
    I haven't reassembled the wheel bearings yet do you recommend that I put on extended studs first, do you think I will need them?