Very Cool Parts

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Hello from the Artic Midwest

Post Thanks / Like

Hello from the Artic Midwest

Hello Factory Five enthusiasts
    I am Derrek from a little town outside of the sprawling metropolis of Peoria IL. Population of North Pekin,2250,saluuute.lol. I own and operate a hotrod and fabrication shop that my Dad and I opened up after my return of 14 years in The Marine Corps and we have been in business for 7 years now. A friend and military Brother contacted me about building a 818 for him while he is on another tour of an undisclosed location that his career has taken him. I have been fascinated by Factory Fives continuing detail to attention and ease of assembly using off the street component cars and seen the GTM at SEMA the fist year they took one there. I am excited to be able to finally build one of their cars and hopefully it wont be the last one. We have built several replicas and fiberglass cars ans some of those bodies were horrendous requiring major reworking of the fiberglass panels and chassis. I am so glad we will not have that problem with FFR 818. I will be snooping around here reading your posts and occasionally asking questions and leaving some remarks.

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome to the forum and thanks for your previous service. What do you and your friend have in the way of plans for the 818 build?
    Doug

Post Thanks / Like
    He has already purchased a WRX that I will be picking up next week and has ordered the 818 but other than that we have not discussed colors,interior,engine mods or wheels.