Very Cool Parts

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: New Mexico Emissions

Post Thanks / Like

New Mexico Emissions

I'm going to order a Mk4 Roadster complete kit, and I'm wondering if anyone knows if the car needs a catalytic converter to pass Bernalillo county emissions tests.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi, I'm in Aztec, You may have to in Albuquerque since you have to get it checked for emissions. I would talk to a testing center.

Walt

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Hi I'm in Valencia county and we don't have to but I believe you do in Bernnillio contact Sante fe mvd is your best source

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Walt again, I would check with MVD and see if they can be reg. as a 1966 year model and if so you might not have to get it checked for emissions.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Walt View Post
    Hi Walt again, I would check with MVD and see if they can be reg. as a 1966 year model and if so you might not have to get it checked for emissions.
    Any update on this NM question/ I purchased a recently completed MK4 from Illinois. The title shows 1965 so I plan on no emissions testing when I register. I am still waiting for the enclosed transport to arrive in Albuquerque.

Post Thanks / Like
    My understanding is in Albuq. It goes by the motor year manufacture , you can talk to the owner of Macco he has gone thru it on his roadster.

Post Thanks / Like
    Just registered my F5R MK4 Roadster in Albuquerque. Built in 2011, titled in Illinois as a 1965 Factory Five 2 door roadster. NM MVD transferred title to NM by checking VIN # and nothing else. Titled in NM as a 1965 model....no emissions check required.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by smokinss; 12-10-2014 at 11:01 AM. Reason: spelling correction

Post Thanks / Like
    Great ,you will have a blast. I have been able to drive mine a few times, still waiting on paint, hopefully within two months then do carpet and finish up panels.
    Later
    Walt