Hello, Just thought I'd intorduce myself and tell you a little about myself!
I'm a longtime Cobra guy. I built my Unique Motorcars 427SC back in 1998.
Way back then Factory Five was a young company and their cars were, well, pretty crude. I wanted a top-tier Cobra replica and Unique Motorcars was, and is, one of the oldest and best-respected manufacturers out there. I have been very pleased with my Unique.
In the years since I've seen FF consistently improve their engineering and quality control, as well as introducing some pretty impressive original designs.
I also road-raced a Legends car for about 10 years, but took time off to build my new home in 2009-2010. I just haven't had time to get back into it, but probably will eventually.
I also have a modified 1999 Miata, with an intercooled Eaton MP62 supercharger, Wilwood brakes, as well as other mods.

Now I'm looking for another project, and the 818s has caught my eye.
I like the idea that it's a fairly inexpensive kit to build, even though I'll probably put a lot more than the average builder into the drivetrain. My plans are for a heavily modified engine making at least 500HP. (I want this thing to be QUICKER than my Cobra, but to be able to run on premium pump gas if possible).

I still have a lot of research to do, and will probably bombard you current builders with questions.
Looking forward to it.

David