Forte's

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  5

Thread: 2021 Indy Car Race W/ GTM

Post Thanks / Like

2021 Indy Car Race W/ GTM

Just a heads up...the FFR PDG GTM will be racing at Laguna Seca on the Indy Car weekend coming up September 15-19th. We are scheduled to be the warm up race for the Indy Cars and will actually be on track for multiple sessions all weekend. We will be running with the United States Touring Car Championship (USTCC) group. Pretty rare open sound weekend because of the Indy Cars and it will be nice to not worry about the extremely restrictive sound requirements that are usually imposed there. Tickets are on sale, but be prepared as they are currently $150 each.

I will be there, but Beau Borders will be the driver for this weekend. Hope to see some of you there!
    Last edited by crash; 09-21-2021 at 01:36 PM.
    www.myraceshop.com

GTM solution kits
    Corvette and Race parts

2. Likes David Hodgkins, RR46, FF33rod, svassh liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I wish I was out that way, I'd totally attend.

Post Thanks / Like
    It will be an epic weekend as we are not only combined with Indy Car but also IMSA. So we will have the fastest closed wheel cars in the country, the fastest open wheel cars in the country, and us all in the same paddock and on the same track over the weekend. I'm leaving on Wednesday to make sure we get into the paddock as it will be PACKED.
    www.myraceshop.com

GTM solution kits
    Corvette and Race parts

Post Thanks / Like
    Good luck to you guys!!! That is going to be a hell of a weekend. I’m sure the PDG GTM will show up and lay down some fast lap times.

Post Thanks / Like
    I read the email wrong. It said that Indy and IMSA would be running "back to back" this weekend. What the author meant was IMSA was last weekend and Indy was this weekend. So not as epic as I thought but still ended up being a hugely fun weekend. Went from 6th to 3rd on saturday's race and 5th to 3rd on sunday's race. Set fast lap on saturday and was gaining on the leader by a second a lap when they ended the race 9 minutes early. One thing about Indy and many other big racing organizations is that everything runs on a strict time schedule. We were late starting so we had to end early. Bummer for us as we would have easily brought home 2nd and been fighting for the lead had the race gone full length. All is good though and it was a very fun weekend. Indy cars are SO fast and it was great to get into a race where a one day ticket was $279! Maybe the reason why the stands and hillsides were largely empty? Not the same as the Indy Car races I went to years ago. Lost some weight though, as a corn dog was $12! Outrages prices, especially given the pandemic.
    www.myraceshop.com

GTM solution kits
    Corvette and Race parts

Post Thanks / Like
    www.myraceshop.com

GTM solution kits
    Corvette and Race parts

8. Likes Jkviper liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the update, sounds like the car is running well and very competitive!
    MK3.1 2004 Mach 1 donor. ABS, PS, TC.
    GTM #304 LPE 525hp LS3
    2000 C5 Lingenfelter LS1@489hp
    1999 Corvette FRC/Z06 track car

Post Thanks / Like
    Watched the main event on tv. Very exciting and looked like great weather.

Post Thanks / Like
    The USTCC race is supposed to be on NBC Sports at some point. This is our race. Hopefully they show both saturday and sunday races. www.ustcc.com has more info on when it will be showing.
    www.myraceshop.com

GTM solution kits
    Corvette and Race parts

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by crash View Post
    The USTCC race is supposed to be on NBC Sports at some point. This is our race. Hopefully they show both saturday and sunday races. www.ustcc.com has more info on when it will be showing.
    I went looking for it last weekend it was on some off shoot channel of NBC sports called "final drive". Unfortunately I don't get that channel.

Post Thanks / Like
    sound like a great weekend thanks for the update and wishing you guys all the best ...