Midwest Classic Insurance

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Cammer style valve covers.

Post Thanks / Like

Cammer style valve covers.

I guess most of you Coyote guys have seem the "cammer" style valve covers for the Coyote motors.. I inquired about them and , well, they are kind of expensive... how about $1800.00 bucks..
    The guy, Troy something.. that built that red rod , I think Edelbrock has their name on the door.. well that's who I contacted.
    Thanks,
    Al Adkins
    Certified "Kool Aid" drinker

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    These? Yep, pretty cool and they also make some ubber-cool stacks for them too.

The crowning feature is the all-new Ford 5.0-liter "Coyote" V-8 engine that's been disguised by Troy Ladd and his crew at Hollywood Hot Rods to resemble Ford's iconic 1963 427-cubic-inch overhead cam V-8.
    SEMA 2010: 1932 Ford Roadster Pickup by Raybestos

Cool little truck too.
    F5R #7446: MK4, 302, T5 midshift, 3.55 Posi IRS, 17" Halibrands
    Delivered 4/4/11, First start 9/29/12, Licensed 4/24/13, off to PAINT 2/15/14!! Wahoo!

Post Thanks / Like
    It is cool. I loved it from the first time I seen it and for that reason I had Troy put one together for me but with a little more originality though. Man is that engine WIDE. After the spacers go on and then the valve covers it adds about 1.5" to the width. Nothing a little fabrication can't cure and if I could figure out how to post a photo I would show you. But for now anyway I'm glad to have a 1 of 1 build going on.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mike Curtis of Curtis Speed made a similar set for a 40 Ford woody which is featured in this month's Street Rodder magazine. He said they were a one off set. They don't say Coyote on them. He said they ran around $4,000.00, but now that the programming is done, if he had four or five orders to amortize the setup time over, a much more attractive price could be negotiated. I would be in for $1,500.00, if anyone else wants to try to group purchase. Castings would be much more cost effective, if someone would develop the tooling for casting rather than machining from billet.

Post Thanks / Like
    If we can figure out what we want them to look like and come up with drawings... I have a contact in China that can do castings. That would be so much cost effective.
    I don't have a Coyote motor but would consider one if I could make it look like a motor. I'm thinking of a Coyote longblock with Holley EFI system and Cobra style air cleaner with "Cammer" style valve covers would be awesome....
    Thanks,
    Al Adkins
    Certified "Kool Aid" drinker

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Raceral View Post
    I guess most of you Coyote guys have seem the "cammer" style valve covers for the Coyote motors.. I inquired about them and , well, they are kind of expensive... how about $1800.00 bucks..
    The guy, Troy something.. that built that red rod , I think Edelbrock has their name on the door.. well that's who I contacted.
    coils and harness submerged in oil, no provision to bolt coils down, no provision for dip stick, no provision for cam phasers, in the midst of re engineering these for a customer build.

Post Thanks / Like
    I believe it is Troy Ladd of Hollywood Hotrods that built that red truck.

I like the idea, but it's a little more than I want to spend for something that's purely for looks. But that's just my budget speaking.