Midwest Classic Insurance

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Donor in Vancouver BC area?

Post Thanks / Like

Donor in Vancouver BC area?

ideally looking for an 06, but would consider any other year 02 - 05 as well.
    Thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    Hopefully it's obvious, but you should regularly check Copart, Cragslist, and Auto Trader.

What may not be so obvious is using your social network. Tell people - everyone - you know what you are looking for (i.e. wrecked WRX). Most will ask why, find your project interesting (which will keep your needs in their mind), and want to help. It may be a bit of a long shot that one of them knows someone with a wrecked WRX, but if you do find someone locally that has a wrecked WRX, you are more likely to get a better deal (no fees or shipping, etc.) - especially if they like the idea of what you are doing. This is exactly how I got my donor, so I know it can work. It doesn't hurt to try.

Post Thanks / Like
    Try to find someone that has an ICBC salvage license. A lot of small garages have them. That would give you access to their auctions.

Post Thanks / Like
    yes, I'm checking all local sources and Craigslist for somewhat more distant cities.
    I've heard there are problems with importing wrecked cars for this purpose, so I'm looking for a canadian car.
    ICBC salvage I checked into, but you need to have a salvage licence. I'll follow your suggestion and check some local garages.... to see if they can get me one.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have run into several in the Seattle area, might be good to find someone doing a part out and go from there,
    Tony Nadalin
    2018 SOVREN Big Bore Champion
    2015 SCCA Oregon Region VP3 Champion
    2012 ICSCC ITE Class Champion
    FFR MkII Challenge Car, Spec Racer, Street Legal, SCCA, ICSCC and NASA Racing
    818R Build in progress