Boig Motorsports

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Anybody running a SBC?

Post Thanks / Like
    I had a clearance problem with the air cleaner height (3") and the standard hood. Mike Forte (vendor on this site) shipped me a dropped air cleaner base (early IROC-Z) which allowed everything just enough room to work. Definitely wouldn't hurt to try the high clearance hood, although most of the additional height of this hood is up front.

Quote Originally Posted by wabadi View Post
    Hi charles,,,Hei dist will fit fine. Hood cleareance could be an issue, go for the high cleareance optional hood.

Post Thanks / Like
    I did go with the extra clearance hood so I should have enough room. Thanks Mike!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike6568 View Post
    I had a clearance problem with the air cleaner height (3") and the standard hood. Mike Forte (vendor on this site) shipped me a dropped air cleaner base (early IROC-Z) which allowed everything just enough room to work. Definitely wouldn't hurt to try the high clearance hood, although most of the additional height of this hood is up front.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike6568 View Post
    Charles:
    I'm using a SBC and 700R4 combo as well. With a short water pump the alternator rests to the side of the valve cover which puts it out there a few inches. I'm not running side covers and kinda like the old school look. In my set up I'm about 1 1/2 inches past the hood. I couldn't find a bracket that would keep it under the hood, but I'm new to this so there is probably a way (other than a March Serpentine setup). Maybe later I'll find the solution. Maczter is spot on with his info as well. What did you use for an alternator bracket Maczter? I've included a few pictures, let me know if I can help in any way.Attachment 25335Attachment 25336Attachment 25337Attachment 25338
    Hi Mike6568,

I just ordered a similar set-up and notice you have bike fenders too! Can you let me know what tire size and rim size combo you are running? It looks like they fill out the fenders really well! Any challenged or watch-outs are appreciated!

Paul

Post Thanks / Like
    Thought I would throw this out there in case anybody else is running a SBC & looking for an alternator bracket to fit under the hood. I used a March Performance Alternator bracket, part #21001.
    March Alternator Bracket installed.jpgMarch Alternator bracket part number.jpg

Post Thanks / Like
    I used their high mount alt bracket as well as their high mount a/c comp bracket, both work fine with hood and sides

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12