BluePrint Engines

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Is the doner parts list complete?

Post Thanks / Like

Is the doner parts list complete?

Hi,
    The "what you need" list on the FFR site still says to save all the pieces you can because the list may change. But it seems that are are some doner pallet providers saying "everything you need" included. How do they know?

I assume that since the 818 is no longer in prototype mode, the list is complete and likely not to change. Is it posted anywhere?

Thanks,
    Doug

Post Thanks / Like
    The list on the website is smaller than the one in the build manual.
    I cannot say if the one in the manual is 100% complete.

That being said, *IF* they are really in the process of making a wiper system that will use the OEM parts, then the list will change at some point to include these parts too.

It may be away from prototype, but it is still under improvements.
    Frank
    818 chassis #181 powered by a '93 VW VR6 Turbo GT3582R
    Go-karted Aug 5, 2016 - Then May 19+21, 2017
    Tracked May 27/July 26, 2017
    Build time before being driveable on Sep 27, 2019: over 6000h
    Build Completed Winter 2021

Post Thanks / Like
    Be specific on "everything you need" by a crate supplier. At the time I placed my order with AJW the sway bar was not on the list and they have been unable to supply it after 5 months. I eventually gave up waiting and bought a sway bar. If you want to install ABS, HVAC, wipers, power steering, or anything that is not on the basic FFR build, be sure to specify exactly what you need in writing to the donor crate supplier at the time of your order.
    818S/C : Chassis #25 with 06 WRX 2.5 turbo, ABS, cruise, PS, A/C, Apple CarPlay, rear camera, power windows & locks, leather & other complexities. Sold 10/19 with 5,800 miles.
    Mk3 Roadster #6228 4.6L, T45, IRS, PS, PB, ABS, Cruise, Koni's, 17" Halibrands, red w/ silver - 9K miles then sold @ Barrett-Jackson Jan 2011 (got back cash spent).