Very Cool Parts

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Just Ordered a Competition Coyote Coupe

Post Thanks / Like

Just Ordered a Competition Coyote Coupe

Ordered my coupe yesterday. Should be here in April. Thanks to Tom Coon for changing my power plant plans. I had it all figured out until I saw and sat in Tom's car at Huntington Beach, then it all changed. I can't wait til it gets here, but not sure when I'll complete it due to the other peoples FFR's I'm working on. I'm sure I will be asking questions as this is my first coyote engined car. Thanks in advance.
    Tom

Average Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like
    Congrats, Tom. Welcome to the coupe world!

Garry
    I sure miss my coupe!

F5R1004503SP 2004 Challenge Car, 331 Stroker

Coupe # 031, 422" Windsor stroker by Southern Automotive (Dash autographed by Peter Brock)***SOLD***
    Unique 427 Roadster, 482" Aluminum FE by Southern Automotive***SOLD***

Post Thanks / Like
    Congratulations on the decision. Tom's car is a great example for your build.
    Doug

Post Thanks / Like
    Congrats Tom,

The Coupe is beautiful, enjoy the build.

John
    Finished the "My Coupe, my way" project.

http://s956.photobucket.com/albums/ae46/jdcoupe1969/
    Coupe #386,17" Team III 245 FR 315 RR, 3-link, T5, 4 wheel disk, power brakes/steering. Sniper EFI
    First start Sept. 18 2013 First go kart Sept 19 2013

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the welcome to the Coupe Community!
    Doug, you are right, Toms car is very nice!

Trick Tool Maker, Super Moderator Hankl's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Raise your right hand and say after me,

"I (State your name), do swear/affirm, that upon acceptance of this "Revered Coupe Jacket", will willingly subject myself to all manner of frustration and abrasion that my FFR Type 65 will provide. I further pledge that any and all fellow Coupe builders will have free reign in using the cash available in my wallet as they see fit to improve my build plan. I will not look down upon our fellow Roadster builders, but rather take pity on those not talented enough to build a race car with a roof, So Help Me God!"

It is my pleasure to present you with the "Revered Coupe Jacket", Here's your sign!!

Hank
    “If you didn’t have enough time to do it right the first time. How come you always have time to go back and do it again?” FFR1000186CP

Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car and oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car.
    Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall and torque is how far you take the wall with you.

Post Thanks / Like
    FINALLY!!!

Rob
    God is my cobrapilot!

Post Thanks / Like
    Awesome Tom! Great choice!

Nothing better then seeing and hearing a coupe racing around the track.

John
    XTF #2
    build start date June 19 2023

GTM # 344
    Build Start December 2010
    First track day April 2013

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Hank! I was hoping someone would swear me in.
    I agree Rob! I agree john

Post Thanks / Like
    that's awesome,

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome Tom; you'll enjoy the project quite a bit.

You may have seen some references to a Competition Coupe Build Manual on some of the posts regarding the coupes. I have been working on that for some time, mainly acting as a scrivener and compiling everyone else's contributions into a single location, and it is nearly complete. Unfortunately, completing the manual (and my own coupe, for that matter) has been delayed by a long and perhaps strange litany of personal and professional obligations, including but not limited to a crazy year of work, getting engaged, home improvement projects, a massive engine repair project on my truck and a public mural project. That having been said, I should be able to complete it by early spring.

Post Thanks / Like
    Jacob

Will you be making this available to us fellow builders?
    Bill

Coupe #421, Picked Up 11/15/08, started 1/1/09 - Rebuilt mildly massaged 302, T5, 3 Link, and Loads of Extras

Super Moderator

Post Thanks / Like
    hi Tom, welcome to the dark side! :-)

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome Tom. What is a "Completion Coyote Coupe"? Is a special FFR offer?
    Chris
    If it's too LOUD....you're too OLD!!

Build Site >> http://www.flickr.com/photos/51103049@N00/collections/

FFR#0441CP Complete Coupe kit, IRS, T-5, 392ci 351W, Webers, Delivered 4/29/09

Post Thanks / Like
    I am jonesing very badly for a coupe, and as I drive a Coyote Mustang, I'm in love with that powerplant. I'm still searching the forums, but I take it from this thread that the coyote can be crammed in? I haven't ever found any official FFR info on it, but I saw a Coyote Roadster at the track this weekend, and that looks like a bolt-in plant. Any more info on this particular build?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DrHoon View Post
    I am jonesing very badly for a coupe, and as I drive a Coyote Mustang, I'm in love with that powerplant. I'm still searching the forums, but I take it from this thread that the coyote can be crammed in? I haven't ever found any official FFR info on it, but I saw a Coyote Roadster at the track this weekend, and that looks like a bolt-in plant. Any more info on this particular build?
    tcoon has a Coyote powered coupe.

http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showt...ghlight=coyote
    MK3.1 #7076 - Under Construction....
    Coyote 5.0/Solid 8.8/Tremec 3650
    How to:
    Coyote Power Steering
    05-09 T3650 in a Roadster

Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry Chris, just saw this. Clemson is right about Tom Coon's Coupe. FFR doesn't really make the kit for the Coupe. They will weld in the mounts and you buy the Coyote kit for the Roadster and make it work. The exhaust is one of the issues, as they don't make the Coupe Exhaust for the Coyote, you have to do the Roadster exhaust. I'm going to have custom headers built and do custom Coupe side pipes. The competition part is modified roll cage and seat mounts among other things to make it class legal like Karen S. Coupe. My kit came off the assembly line last Saturday and should be here sometime this month.

Post Thanks / Like
    Got a call from Stewart Transport last night. The coupe is on the way and should be here Thursday or so! Can't wait! It's like waiting for my first roadster back in '98.

Post Thanks / Like
    Jacob, I understand having all of the normal and abnormal obligation's. Please let me know when you get the manual complete. The Coupe was delivered last week and I have been looking at all of the photos and reading every post I can find about adding the door bars and dropping the seats. I was lucky enough to sit in Tom Coons Coupe last year at Huntington Beach and fell in love with the setup. Thanks again for working on the manual! I'm going to try to post videos of the modifications that I do to the Coupe.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey Tom:

Don't forget to post plenty of photos of your build and mods. Since we're building our Coupe kits at the same time, I hope that we can help each other. I'll be making some custom modifications myself. I'm also interested in dropping the driver side floor, so I can make my custom seats fit.

Welcome to the Coupe community!

Carlos
    FFR Coupe #0635; Ford 347ci, Tremec TKO500, 8.8 rear end w/ 3.27:1 gears, Cobra/SVO brakes

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Carlos! I'm sure we will be able to help each other along.

Post Thanks / Like
    Tom-

I thought you said that the coupe was delivered... Couldn't have happened, as I don't see any pictures! ;-o)

Congratulations on getting her started and good luck with the build.

Regards,

Steve

Post Thanks / Like
    Steve, I have yet to figure out how to post pictures to this forum. I need to sit down this weekend and have my kids show me how it's done.

Post Thanks / Like
    Steve:

You're right. It didn't happen if there is no visual proof.

Tom:

All you have to do is click on the icon fourth from the right on your dialog box (it looks like a picture frame with a tree in it), and follow the prompts. You can copy from your computer or from an URL. If posting from a folder on your computer, make sure that on the "Insert Image" box, the "From Computer" tab is highlighted, and click on "Select Files". A separate box will open up, so you can look up your photo files. Check the pictures you want to upload, and click on "Open". That box will close, and on the "Insert Image" box, click on "Upload File(s)". The pictures will show up on the dialog box as file names. You can always click on the "Go Advanced" button just below the dialog box, so you can see a preview of your post, to make sure that the files uploaded correctly, and make any other editing before posting. You can arrange the photos on the dialog box by simply hitting return or backspace on the file names in the dialog box, and add any captions to them, if you like. If the files are too big, the photos will show up on your submitted post as a hyper-linked file name. If they are compressed, they will show up as actual pictures. Hope this helps. We all want to see pictures!

Carlos
    FFR Coupe #0635; Ford 347ci, Tremec TKO500, 8.8 rear end w/ 3.27:1 gears, Cobra/SVO brakes

Post Thanks / Like
    image.jpg

Let's see if this works

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Carlos!

Post Thanks / Like
    No problem, Tom. Now, we all can enjoy your Coupe build, along with you...

I see a Roadster in the background. How are you planning to split the time between the two builds?

Carlos

Post Thanks / Like
    Carlos C

Allready I'm lost at the first sentence. Where do you find the "dialog box"????
    Bill

Coupe #421, Picked Up 11/15/08, started 1/1/09 - Rebuilt mildly massaged 302, T5, 3 Link, and Loads of Extras

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey Tom Congrats on the coupe and have fun with the Coyote! It is a killer package. The only major issues are fitment around the foot boxes and the FFR roadster kit helps that quite a lot. rest of the build is pretty straightforward, wiring with the Ford freestanding EFI harness surprisingly easy. I did use the Lokar drive by wire pedal which fits a lot better than cutting down the large mustang pedal. Many of the details are listed in my old build thread. Have fun!
    Coyote powered Daytona Coupe Competition Racecar #21
    Challenge series #21
    FFR 33 Hot Rod
    2009 3rd place NorCal series
    2010 3rd place West Coast series
    2011 2nd place NorCal, 2nd place West Coast Series, 3rd place WERC class E1

Post Thanks / Like
    Carlos, it should be pretty easy to split the time. I'm building the roadster for my Brother-in-Law, so as he buys parts I'll put them on and as my money allows I will work on the Coupe. If someone else sends me a build I will work on it. The coupe is going to be a priority through the door bar install and lowering the seat mounts and installing the 5-link. Then it will go to powder coat and it should be time to wire up the roadster. Here is a picture of how the garage looks at times (you created a monster showing me how to post pictures ;-) )
    image.jpg

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Tom for the help and inspiration! If I wouldn't have seen your car at HB last year, I would not have thought to go this direction. I have been studying the threads from you, Hankl, and Karen, as well as all of the other Coupe and coyote roadster threads to make sure I don't miss anything. I'm sure I will have plenty of questions as I progress and hopefully be able to help others in return.

Post Thanks / Like
    Bill:

Sorry, maybe I should have called it "text box", or the "Quick Reply" box. It's simply the box you use to type your post.

Tom:

Nobody will ever complain that you're posting too many pictures. You have a dream garage. A few more cars, and we'll have to call you Jay Leno... I hope that someday I can have one of each FFR cars in mine.

Carlos

Post Thanks / Like
    Tom-

Thanks for the pictures. Oh and by the way, my garage packed up and left after it saw yours. It was last seen heading south on I-95, mumbling something like... "I can never make you happy..."

Enjoy your build(s)

Regards,

Steve

Post Thanks / Like
    Steve, I'm almost fell out of my chair. That's funny! Thanks for the compliment and laugh!

Carlos, thanks Buddy! And thanks for the help so far.

Post Thanks / Like
    I kind of started to work on the Coupe today. I built the stand for the Pro-Tools tubing bender. I went ahead and mounted the tubing notcher to the stand as well. We'll see if it gets in the way. I hope to pull the body next weekend and start lowering the seat mounts. We will see. I'm also helping out on a 33 build, so I have to split my time, but it will pay for the engine!
    image.jpg

Post Thanks / Like
    Tom:

It looks like you're getting ready to perform some serious frame surgery on the Coupe. Are you planning to make it into a dedicated race car?

Carlos

Post Thanks / Like
    The car will be mostly street driven, but I want to be able to track it from time to time. I've always wanted to drive in the Silver State Classic and I just found out about the Big Bend Open Road Challenge that's here in Texas, so what better car to do it in. I plan on doing the same chassis mods as Tom Coon's Coupe, and maybe a few more.

Post Thanks / Like
    Tom:

That's a lot of work. I'll keep reading and checking out photos. Good luck!

Carlos

Post Thanks / Like
    Here is the link to the video of the Coupe delivery a couple of weeks ago. This is the first in what will hopefully be a series of videos on the building of this Kit. Sorry for the poor editing job, but I'll get better as I go.http://youtu.be/is-LAJvUk5Y

Post Thanks / Like
    Tom:

Were you grinning from ear to ear, like a kid on Christmas morning, when Stewart Transport showed up with your kit? I know I did when I picked mine up.

Carlos

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast