Boig Motorsports

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Dimensions of 818 please..

Post Thanks / Like

Red face Dimensions of 818 please..

Hi All,

Trying to find the dimensions of the 818, I did find them but they differ from an earlier post as far as I can remember? Does anyone have the correct front/rear track, overall length/width etc please. Was thinking of 18s on the rear and 17s on the front. Wondering about building a false raised floor to make it an easier build! Any help would be ace! thanks in advance..

Post Thanks / Like
    At the very least, I'd like to see a hub-to-hub measurement for front and rear since track can change depending on what offset one has on the wheels that are used.

Also, I seem to recall that someone said that the frame aft of the fuel tank area is raised. If so, by how much? Actually, I know that the trans frame raises as it goes back, so a measurement of how much higher it terminates (and total length from where main frame/fuel tank area ends to the end of the trans frame) would also help. Anyone?

Thanks,
    -j
    Last edited by Santiago; 01-28-2014 at 01:25 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Wheelbase is 95" based on the Factory Five website. http://www.factoryfive.com/kits/project-818/design/

Track width should be very close to the WRX given the use of the steering rack. (~58").

I'm sure somebody will jump in and give you more precise answers depending on exactly what you are doing.

Post Thanks / Like
    The frame bar by the engine mounts is 1 inch higher than the bottom of the frame but I don't know the height of the rear-most bar. For a "raised floor" to build your 818 you should see my thread about a chassis dolly that is working well for me and others.

http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showt...=chassis+dolly
    818S/C : Chassis #25 with 06 WRX 2.5 turbo, ABS, cruise, PS, A/C, Apple CarPlay, rear camera, power windows & locks, leather & other complexities. Sold 10/19 with 5,800 miles.
    Mk3 Roadster #6228 4.6L, T45, IRS, PS, PB, ABS, Cruise, Koni's, 17" Halibrands, red w/ silver - 9K miles then sold @ Barrett-Jackson Jan 2011 (got back cash spent).

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by villagehoppa View Post
    Hi All,

Trying to find the dimensions of the 818, I did find them but they differ from an earlier post as far as I can remember? Does anyone have the correct front/rear track, overall length/width etc please. Was thinking of 18s on the rear and 17s on the front. Wondering about building a false raised floor to make it an easier build! Any help would be ace! thanks in advance..
    Track width is essentially 59" tire center to tire center. I have the XXR 530 wheels, 17x7 +35 front, and 18x8.75 +33 rear.

As has been stated, wheelbase is 95" (confirmed).

I hope this helps.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Santiago View Post
    Also, I seem to recall that someone said that the frame aft of the fuel tank area is raised. If so, by how much? Actually, I know that the trans frame raises as it goes back, so a measurement of how much higher it terminates (and total length from where main frame/fuel tank area ends to the end of the trans frame) would also help. Anyone?

Thanks,
    -j
    I hope this is what you are after: At the roll bar, the bottom of the frame measures 4.5" off the ground. The section aft of the roll bar that contains the engine and transmission mounts is 49.25" long, the end of which is 10.75" off the ground, resulting in a height gain of 6.25" over the 49.25" of length. This indicates an angle of approximately 7.23*.
    Last edited by Xusia; 01-29-2014 at 12:38 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Fantastic, just what I was after, thanks guys.. I like the idea of the moveable dolly but think I'm going to make something more permanent, ooks great all the same... Nice one...

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes, that's exactly what I was looking for, thanks!

Best,
    -j

Post Thanks / Like
    Santiago, I forgot to mention my frame isn't 100% level. At the front firewall (i.e. just behind the front wheel), the frame is 5" off the ground. This would mean the angle of the back section is a bit more than I stated, and the height measurement at the back would be slightly more.

Post Thanks / Like
    Xusia,

Do you happen to know the height of the front bumper and how far it is from the front bottom edge of the bumper to the leading edge of the front tire.

Thanks,
    Jason

Post Thanks / Like
    Nope. Not at that stage yet.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Xusia, that information gets me close enough to let me know I've got a green light on what I'm planning.
    When you do get to hanging the front bumper frame, I'd also be interested in knowing what the height difference is as well.

Best,
    -j

Post Thanks / Like
    Santiago
    from your comments I thought you might be interested in this picture
    Bob
    Attached Images Attached Images

Post Thanks / Like
    Bob, you are a peach.

Thank you, that is a very helpful image.

Best,
    -j