Very Cool Parts

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: VRaptor Carbon Fiber Engine Cover

Post Thanks / Like

VRaptor Carbon Fiber Engine Cover

I just got the CF Engine Cover that I ordered From Shane Vacek / VRaptor Speedworks.

All I can say is Daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaammmmmmmmmmmmmmmnnnnnnnnnnnnn!! !! This thing looks nice!

Pictures to follow soon!
    Last edited by The Stig; 03-28-2011 at 01:37 PM.
    The Stig

Some say, that I only know two facts about ducks, (both being wrong); and that if I could be bothered, I could solve the "da Vinci Code" in 47 seconds...
    All I know is that I'm called "The Stig".
    GTM #0081

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by The Stig View Post
    I just got the CF Engine Cover that I ordered From Shane Vacek / VRaptor Speedworks.

All I can say is Daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaammmmmmmmmmmmmmmnnnnnnnnnnnnn!! !! This thing looks nice!

Pictures to follow soon!
    Can't wait to get mine...... I originally ordered the gelcoated one, but after seeing the picture Shane posted I immediately upgraded to the cf one.
    R/s
    Vidal
    CURRENT STATUS: Interior Rework and Bodywork.
    GenII GTM #331. Delivered (23/9/10)
    BUILD LOG AND WEBSITE:
    http://gtmbuild.weebly.com/ .

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by VD2021 View Post
    Can't wait to get mine...... I originally ordered the gelcoated one, but after seeing the picture Shane posted I immediately upgraded to the cf one.
    You're going to be glad you did! The batteries in my camera are a little weak, so I'm charging them. I'll get a couple of pictures this afternoon.

Take Care,

Mike
    The Stig

Some say, that I only know two facts about ducks, (both being wrong); and that if I could be bothered, I could solve the "da Vinci Code" in 47 seconds...
    GTM #0081

Post Thanks / Like
    Here you go again with the nice extras. This is the kind of stuff that turns my budget build into a "don't tell my wife how much I spent" build. I'm considering blocking this thread so I can't see the pictures when they're posted!

By the way, has Shane come up with a method for attaching the cover? If I have a few too many beers such that my self restraint is impaired I might order one. If I do I'd like to know if there's an easy method of attachment.

I'm off to the fridge to see how many beers I have .

Post Thanks / Like
    Cover your Eyes Rick...

Here are a few pictures of the cover. It comes with the metal inserts for the center slots and the sides where the Engine Badges
    are in this picture.

All of the inserts fit the slots.

The Factory Five Badge fits with no problem.

I had ordered a set of badges (6.0 LS2) to go into the slots, but they ended up being too large.

I called the company that made them and asked them to make another set that will fit these dimensions.

If you're intersted, this company custom makes everything they sell. So they can pretty much make whatever you want.

Their website is: www.emblempros.com. You can get the phone number from the website's contact info. Ask for Roger.

They made the two "6.0 LS2" badges for me, and I think they were $55.00 for the set.

By the way, "SpyTech" from the ffcars forum is the guy who made people aware of this company. Thanks Spy!

Badge Size:
    4.5" inches long and roughly 5/8" tall. I'm going to get the calipers out and get a better measurement, and I'll let you know.

Since they fit, I used the metal inserts as a guide to measure the opening for the Side Badges.
    According to the calipers they are 4-9/16" long by 83/128" tall. I'm going with the original 4 1/2" x 5/8" that I posted above.
    It leaves a difference of 3/32 to split between top and bottom, and 1/16 to split between the ends. It should fit nicely in the gap.
    When I get the pieces back, I'll put them on, and send pictures to show the fit.

I just laid the the pieces in place in order to take the pictures. None are permenantly attached yet.

Last edited by The Stig; 03-29-2011 at 08:00 AM. Reason: Correct Measurements for Side Badges
    The Stig

GTM #0081

Post Thanks / Like
    Can't wait to get mine. Really like those badges you had made stig.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Rick Williams View Post
    Here you go again with the nice extras. This is the kind of stuff that turns my budget build into a "don't tell my wife how much I spent" build. I'm considering blocking this thread so I can't see the pictures when they're posted!

By the way, has Shane come up with a method for attaching the cover? If I have a few too many beers such that my self restraint is impaired I might order one. If I do I'd like to know if there's an easy method of attachment.

I'm off to the fridge to see how many beers I have .
    LOL!!! That's funny! Yes, there are 4 attachments on the inside that look like they will attach to the intake studs.

I've told Shane over and over that he takes all of my "lunch money". But in all fairness to him; this was one of those things that I knew I was buying, the minute I saw it. Sort of like the GTM...

What can I say? I'm a VRaptor junkie!

Enjoy the beer!
    Last edited by The Stig; 03-28-2011 at 04:19 PM.
    The Stig

GTM #0081

Post Thanks / Like
    Since I only have one beer in me I'm just speculating but I went to Shane's website just to have a peek at the price and I see that the metal inserts come with it. Rather than have the inserts custom made, why can't you just take the smaller inserts to a trophy shop and have them engraved with the text of your choice? In my case I'm thinking 5.7L GTM. Once engraved you could do a spray and wipe with paint so the paint stays in the engraving but not the surface of the insert.

OK...Time for another beer or two so I can buy the damn thing!

Post Thanks / Like
    Since I only have one beer in me I'm just speculating but I went to Shane's website just to have a peek at the price and I see that the metal inserts come with it. Rather than have the inserts custom made, why can't you just take the smaller inserts to a trophy shop and have them engraved with the text of your choice? In my case I'm thinking 5.7L GTM. Once engraved you could do a spray and wipe with paint so the paint stays in the engraving but not the surface of the insert.

I warned you to cover your eyes...
    The Stig

GTM #0081

Post Thanks / Like
    Just an FYI......these things are still slow to get ahold of for me. Not sure what the delay is, but they only sent me 5 of the CF engine covers in this shipment, and they say another shipment is due in the first week of April. I am shipping them out in the order that people committed to buying them in the thread on the "other" forum. Sorry for the long wait on these. I sent kind of a "nasty-gram" email to my supplier, hoping to light a fire under them so they get the rest of these to me.....we'll see how that works. Thanks everyone for the orders and thanks Stig, for posting the pics and badge info!
    Shane Vacek
    VRaptor SpeedWorks, LLC
    www.vraptorspeedworks.com
    Turn-key GTM, SL-C & Ultima GTR Built to Your Specs!
    Offering a full line of GTM Upgrades and Custom Parts

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I was thinking of that or vinyl. I am steering toward the vinyl so that I could change it easily if needed.
    R/s
    Vidal
    BUILD LOG AND WEBSITE:

Post Thanks / Like
    So I finished painting my fiberglass version and before I installed it I put a nice layer of Second Skin on the underside. I took it for a test ride this morning and was pleasantly pleased by how good it looks plus it cut down the engine noise in the cabin quite a bit. Now if I can reduce the road noise from the rear tires I might be able to listen to that expensive stereo!
    Keith

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by kbentzel View Post
    So I finished painting my fiberglass version and before I installed it I put a nice layer of Second Skin on the underside. I took it for a test ride this morning and was pleasantly pleased by how good it looks plus it cut down the engine noise in the cabin quite a bit. Now if I can reduce the road noise from the rear tires I might be able to listen to that expensive stereo!
    Keith
    Keith,
    Are you going to post some pictures or am I going to have to take a cruise to the west coast to see it?

Did you usetheir Motor Mat - Thermal Acoustic Hood Liner, or Damplifier CLD vibration damper sound deadener?
    Last edited by VD2021; 06-12-2011 at 01:36 PM.
    R/s
    Vidal
    BUILD LOG AND WEBSITE:

Post Thanks / Like
    Do you think the vinyl can take the heat?