FormaCars

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Back up / turn signal light

Post Thanks / Like

Back up / turn signal light

Going thru the boxes for #081 and looking at the Back up/ turn signal light. Here in Utah, that will be a fast ticket. We cannot have any lights that are white on the rear except the back up lights. If you drive around with a broken lens, backup light stuck on, they can pull you over. It also will not pass the safety inspections.
    So what are you doing to get an amber or red turn signal light. I like the Lotus lights, but don't know I they are big enough for the openings.
    I could put an amber bulb in and then some low strip LED's for the backups lights.
    Thoughts?

Post Thanks / Like
    The included bulb is dual color. White for reverse, yellow for turn.

Post Thanks / Like
    It is a dual led bulb. A set of white LEDs to light up for reverse. A set of amber LEDS intermixed for the turn signal. If you look at the bulb itself closely, you'll see the white and amber LEDs lined up side by side. It'll function like a dual filament rear corner/brake light. Two separate filaments in one bulb. Except this has sets of LEDs, instead of filaments. In this case, you can break a lens (not recommended, lol) and still not get a ticket as the LEDs provide the color, not the lens.
    Last edited by Goldwing; 02-15-2014 at 12:15 AM.