FormaCars

Visit our community sponsor

Thread: Replacement fiberglass Cobra body panels?

Replacement fiberglass Cobra body panels?

Hi,

Hopefully this hasn't already been asked, I couldn't find a thread on it. I was wondering if anyone knew if Factory Five offered replacement body panels for their Cobra for sale. We found a damaged track car for sale that will need a new nose clip in the end. We can repair the frame and mechanicals, but a new clip would be necessary and it's availability will determine whether we pick up the project of not.

If anyone knows the answer or can help, it would really be appreciated !

Thanks,

T

Not that I'm aware of. At least not as a standard part. But perhaps they would make something for you. Call them. You can have your answer in minutes.
    Build 1: Mk3 Roadster #5125. Sold 11/08/2014.
    Build 2: Mk4 Roadster #7750. Sold 04/10/2017. #7750 Build Thread
    Build 3: Mk4 Roadster 20th Anniversary #8674. 03 of 20. 2015 crate Coyote, 2015 IRS. Legal 04/18/2017. #8674 Build Thread
    Build 4: Gen 3 Type 65 Coupe #59. Delivered 12/2/2017. #59 Coupe Build Thread

Does any one make a hood scoop delet hood to fit a factory five

No MK1-MK3 hoods were made without scoops , but the MK4 hood does not have a scoop. Don't know if a MK4 hood will fit your car.
    Last edited by Derald Rice; 12-04-2017 at 01:56 PM.

Not a waxer
    Quote Originally Posted by Derald Rice View Post
    No MK1-MK3 hoods were made without scoops , but the MK4 hood does not have a scoop. Don't know if a MK4 hood will fit your car.
    Mk4 hood does not fit earlier cars..

Jeff

As edwardb said give them a call, I messed up my drivers side door which was not listed on the website
    I called FFR and a few days later the door was delivered by ups

Rick
    #8475 Complete Kit Delivered Nov 2014, started Nov 2015, Street Legal Apr 2016, Paint and Interior Completed Aug 2017, 390FE, March accessory kit, MSD Atomic EFI and Ready to run, TKO 500 with MidShift kit, hooker headers, 3 link, track lock with 3.55

Blog Entries
    Now I don't if this makes a difference or not. I received my kit in June, a friend of mine received his kit in August. I was over at his place last night and he pointed out to me how thin his body shell appeared compared to mine. I came home and using the exhaust cutout for reference, my body is a tick over 1/8". His body in the same spot was 1/16". Looking around his body, it appears to be this thin throughout. Is this something new and why?

I'll 3rd just giving them a call - as far as I know the challenge guys are always tearing the body's up......rubbing is racing after all
    No a MKIV flat hood won't fit MKI to MKIII.

Scott

Quote Originally Posted by jlfernan View Post
    Now I don't if this makes a difference or not. I received my kit in June, a friend of mine received his kit in August. I was over at his place last night and he pointed out to me how thin his body shell appeared compared to mine. I came home and using the exhaust cutout for reference, my body is a tick over 1/8". His body in the same spot was 1/16". Looking around his body, it appears to be this thin throughout. Is this something new and why?
    They are hand laid, so will vary.