Sold the donor last week so I figured I should finally get my build thread started. In the short time I've been reading this forum, I've already learned quite a bit and I hope I can contribute something myself. Much thanks to all of the pioneer builders!

IMAG0163.jpg

About me: I visited Factory 5 in 2011 and originally had my eye on the GTM but after following the development of the 818 I knew it was going to be perfect for me. This will be my first kit car build but I've been working on my wrx for the past 11 years so I'm familiar with the car. I'm 28 and have a mechanical engineering background. No kids yet so I wanted to get this done while I still had more free time - they say you only YOLO once.

Delivery date: March 29, 2014, I'll be building the S.

Plan:
I'm still in the process of cleaning up some of the donor parts but here are the major items:
New Sti EJ257 short block with JE pistons
02 WRX heads rebuilt with Crower 264 cams, Crower springs, titanium retainers, Ferrea valves, Sti shimless buckets, polished ports
Blouch 2.5R turbo, Megan headers
824cc modded wrx injectors with Boomba fuel rails and 255LPH fuel pump
TurboXS UTEC
PPG gearset (straight 1st and 2nd, helical 3rd and 4th), lightweight flyweel, still need to buy clutch
JDM V7 Brembo calipers and rotors with matching spindles
DR-31s 17x8 front, 18x9 rear with BFGoodrich g-force KDW tires 225/45/17 front, 255/35/18 rear

Goals:
Driving go-cart by summer
Have a summer fun car to occasionally drive to work
Spend some time at the track and autoX (I'm kind of a noob at tracking so hoping to learn much here)

-Slava
(btw NoVa is short for northern Virginia)