I happened to end up purchasing a great 818 donor platform in the form of an 06 STI. It is the 'other' H6 STI that Jeff Perrin and I built. (http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/show....php?t=1187722) It only has 20k miles on it.

I plan on using the H6 from that car along with the GT40 turbo as the engine for the 818. I have a few other questions about other parts compatibility.

Engine:
As mentioned above, I'm going to use the H6 with the Vipec, and I realize it is a tight fit. I'll need to fab some custom exhaust parts.. no biggie there.

Transmission:
This of course has a 6-speed, and while FF is working on 6 speed parts, I have a spare 5 speed I can put it for testing.

Hubs
The 06 STI has the 5x114.5 hubs and brembo brakes. The STI hub attachment point is thicker, so I would need to machine that flat surface down to have the attachment fit? Any other obvious problems using the STI hubs?

Brakes
As long as I get the hubs to work the Brembo brakes should be fine.

Axles
Since you use the rear outer and front inner pieces, the question is will the 06 WRX axles from FF work in the 06 STI rear hubs? (actually the question is will those axels work with the 06 STI rear outer joint?

Steering Shaft
These look very similiar... any ideas on this?

Steering Rack
The rack bolts in the same way, but another builder mentioned it might be thicker in a few places, so some cutting might be required on the brackets.

Pedal Box
Drive by wire pedal box, but the 06 WRX had that as well.

Small parts (hinges, parking brake, etc)
Most of these are the same, and for the few that are not I can just get new parts.

Wiring and ECU
Not a problem.. I’m doing a custom ECU anyways.

I would assume I should tell FF I am using a 2006 WRX as the doner car, as that is the closest match?

Any ideas on this? Anything major I am missing/wrong about/crazy?

Jeff