One other thing I've noticed about the hood hinges, though...

If I raise the hood up (moves smoothly and fluidly with no binding, really smooth action) completely, and then set it back down, the front edge will be just the tiniest bit high. Maybe 1/16" or 1/32" high. I can push down, and feel the hood hinge go down just a bit further and it sits flush. its like the short links of the hinge don't lay down all the way when you open the good and close it again. But just a gentle nudge and they sit down flat and the alignment is spot on.

Anyone else experience this? Is it normal? I'm thinking the hood hinge bolts may be adjusted just a little too tight, and its keeping the shorter front links from completely collapsing until you push them down. I'm just a bit anal retentive and a perfectionist, and so that bothers me a little more than it probably should. it doesn't seem like they are out of alignment, just maybe tight and not settling all the way down. I think I'll back the nuts off another 1/4 to 1/2 turn and see if that fixes it. I don't want it loose enough to be wobbly, but it should be loose enough to close all the way down on its own.

Its really not a huge amount that it sits up, but it is noticeable, and I can definitely get just that last little 1/16 - 1/32 inch by gently pushing the hinge all the way down. Just going to take some tweaking to get perfect, I guess.