Currently in the "saving" process, so all I have is time to think and dream and dreams keep getting bigger and bigger. The only thing consistent is the '33. The 818 was appealing at first, but the '33 is definitely the car for me. Especially since the '33 is by far the wife's favorite. The kids have dreams of big flames running down the sides.

Anyway, the engine I want to put in this thing keeps getting bigger and bigger, or rather, more powerful and more powerful. What started as "320rwhp will be fine" has turned into "Why not 450rwhp".

So my question is, given I stick with Factory Five supplied parts, the Wilwood brake upgrade, and a 3-link suspension, what should I realistically be looking to achieve?

Goals are street driveable, with some autocross and a track day sprinkled in.

I keep seeing cars by companies like Ridetech, Hot Rod magazine, etc and such with 500+hp engines and not a whole lot of explanation of what it took to get that power to the ground.

Clear goals are the only way I'm going to accomplish this. I can save as much as I need to, but the more saving and the more delay there is in actually starting the project. Mimicking the Ridetech '33 will be a lot more expensive than building a car I can actually use and have fun with the kids and family.