Forte's

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Father and son to build 818 soon.

PLATNUM Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Father and son to build 818 soon.

Today it was nice to show TC and his son Zack my 818S. They live near Cocoa Beach and TC flies for the Air Force. They were interested in building an 818. They ask to come see mine. I said sure thing. As long as it is not raining we will go for a ride. Well they showed up about noon today. When I took off the car cover they were blown away. After crawling all over it, I first took Zack for a ride. His grin was a mile wide. He said it was better than any ride at Disney. Then I took his Dad TC for a spin. He said it was like being shot out of a gun when the turbo kicked in. Both were crazy about the car. The best part of the day was when TC asked his son if they should buy mine or build one. Zack said without hesitation. I want to build one with you Dad. TC gave his son a big hug and the smiles were awesome. I then left TC drive my wife Marsha's BRZ. I convinced him to build a N/A 818 for autocross. I gave them some FFR info and an FFR DVD to take home with them. TC is going to order one very soon. He is going to be deployed in Africa for a while and then maybe retire from the Air Force. It was so nice to show off the 818 to such a great Father and son duo. This is the stuff I really love about the FFR community. You meet such great people along the way.

IMG_0311.JPG

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Very awesome Tom!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by wallace18 View Post
    Today it was nice to show TC and his son Zack my 818S. They live near Cocoa Beach and TC flies for the Air Force. They were interested in building an 818. They ask to come see mine. I said sure thing. As long as it is not raining we will go for a ride. Well they showed up about noon today. When I took off the car cover they were blown away. After crawling all over it, I first took Zack for a ride. His grin was a mile wide. He said it was better than any ride at Disney. Then I took his Dad TC for a spin. He said it was like being shot out of a gun when the turbo kicked in. Both were crazy about the car. The best part of the day was when TC asked his son if they should buy mine or build one. Zack said without hesitation. I want to build one with you Dad. TC gave his son a big hug and the smiles were awesome. I then left TC drive my wife Marsha's BRZ. I convinced him to build a N/A 818 for autocross. I gave them some FFR info and an FFR DVD to take home with them. TC is going to order one very soon. He is going to be deployed in Africa for a while and then maybe retire from the Air Force. It was so nice to show off the 818 to such a great Father and son duo. This is the stuff I really love about the FFR community. You meet such great people along the way.

IMG_0311.JPG
    Thank you Tom and Marsha for the hospitality and "education"... We just got home awhile ago and downloaded all the pics (great burgers by the way... He is busy showing his Mom and Sis the video... Again, thanks for your time and hospitality!

TC
    Attached Images Attached Images

Post Thanks / Like
    Sounds like a great day
    Welcome to the FFR family

Post Thanks / Like
    TC and Zack-

Welcome to the FFR Community. The cool thing here is that there are a lot of guys like Tom around to help with so many things! I hope you both have an awesome build, and decide to keep us updated with your progress.

Tom-

Good for you! Very selfless and kind thing for you to do. A pretty cool way to introduce nice folks to FFR.

Thanks to all for sharing the cool story!

Regards,

Steve