Boig Motorsports

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Grayghost build thread. Cassie # 172 818 S

Post Thanks / Like

Grayghost build thread. Cassie # 172 818 S

I ordered my 818 kit 1/24/13 and picked up my kit # 172, at the factory 4/16/14. I have already striped my donor, a 2006 WRX with 27,7xx miles. I oped for a low mile car so as not to have to mess with the engine much.
    My build is a S and will follow the manuel fairly closely. I am getting VCP wiring solution, K tuned shifter, Killer B Oil pick up, and finally a perin turbo inlet.
    Seats, wheels and tires will come later.
    pick up 818 010.JPG
    During the past few weeks I have been finishing up painting the unfinished factory parts. The rain slowed us down. My friend Tom Kaufman is helping me
    with various parts of the build. He is a race car builder, and very talented at all aspects of the build. He came with me to pickup the kit and really enjoyed the factory tour.
    Starting the front firewall tomorrow 5/2. I can't wait.Every day I read the forum for tips and progress of others. I will try to post my progress every few day's, as long as there is some notable progress. Roger

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey Ghost,

That's a pretty cramped garage in your picture; I think it's going to be tough to work on the build in there. ;-o)

Congratulations on the start of the build. It is a very exciting process. I look forward to seeing some pictures as you progress.

Best of luck!

Regards,

Steve

Post Thanks / Like
    Last I checked the VCP wiring harness has no provisions for AVCS. Why are you going this route on a 2006?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Aero STI View Post
    Last I checked the VCP wiring harness has no provisions for AVCS. Why are you going this route on a 2006?
    Wayne isn't limited to electromotive. He's also a AEM dealer, and mega squirt if I'm not mistaken.
    Adam _____ Instagram @PopesProjects____ YouTube Channel
    818 SRX - #91
    Arrived 01/02/2014
    First Start 10/31/2016
    First Drive 05/22/2017
    Registered 10/25/2019 BRAP818

Post Thanks / Like
    Sunday evening May 4,2014 I got a lot of work done this weekend.
    The front firewall is set and held with clecoes for now, started on the front suspension, waiting my aluminum parts to come back from being soda blasted.
    made up the shocks and springs, and made up the rear suspension upper lateral links.
    next working on the steering rack. Photos to follow. Grayghost