Midwest Classic Insurance

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: April 25 2014 HB PRE PARTY! 3pm cruise, 5pm BBQ starts!

Post Thanks / Like
    Dave, I'm going to throw a wrench into your program. Frank and Julie +1
    Took it for granted that you knew we would be there. Don't worry, we'll bring food. Thanks again for having us all!
    Frank

Post Thanks / Like

All Good

Quote Originally Posted by David Hodgkins View Post
    Come and join us, we look forward to meeting you! If you get there early enough, you might be able to grab a seat for the cruise.

I got the address off the posted maps so I'm good there. I have changed my plans and should arrive Thursday, that will give me check in time with my friends and an easy trip to your place on Friday. With that in mind, what is the "early arrival time" that won't put too much stress on your schedule.

Sorry for the delayed response, I don't visit this site as much as the other one. I've been spending all of my time on the car. I've got it down to minor details now (trunk carpet, trouble shooting my C/C switches and my first oil and filter change) and can drive it.

Regards, Rick.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Bump. 63 folks so far! The title has been updated with cruise and BBQ times.

I was asked what the earliest time for arrival is. The "official" early arrival time will be 1pm but if anyone arrives earlier I'll just put a wrench in your hand and you can help prep my brother's chassis! (JK)

We'll be around all day. If you need to swing by early to drop off anything we're here!

FFR 5369 Pin Drive, IRS, Trigos, Torsen, Wilwoods, FMS BOSS 302 "B" cam , Mass-flo. CA SB100 (SPCN) Registered
    Delivered 4/23/06. "Finished" 4/2012 (still not done!)

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi David, Please add Ron and Christine Froemming to your list. I promise to bring a great bottle of wine!

Post Thanks / Like
    Add Ron Stebles please.

Post Thanks / Like
    David,
    I meant to respond much earlier but I forgot. First, thanks for the invite, to you and your family. Unfortunately, the wife and I won't be leaving until the early afternoon, so I don't think we're going to get there in time to join the festivities. I work from 5A to 1P so I'll be toast by the time we get there anyway. Hope that we run into you at the show Saturday.
    Thanks again, Rick

Post Thanks / Like
    http://nooooooooooooooo.com/

well, if anybody reads this, i have to stay late at work!!!!

my drafter's wife popped out a baby early and ran out. i don't think i'll get off work till 6 now.

your beers are in my company's fridge... nobody's here... hmmmmm

see you tomorrow - rain or shine i'll be there till late in the day

Post Thanks / Like
    David, Just want to throw out a thank you to You and Lesa for having us all at your house this afternoon/evening. A great time was had by all. We look forward to this every year to get us "revved up" for the Huntington Beach Cruise-In. Thanks again!
    Frank

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by frankeeski View Post
    David, Just want to throw out a thank you to You and Lesa for having us all at your house this afternoon/evening. A great time was had by all. We look forward to this every year to get us "revved up" for the Huntington Beach Cruise-In. Thanks again!
    X2 Dave, X2!!

Thanks!

Will
    FFR MK III picked up 9/24/05 Roller 9/28/05 First start & go-cart 11/28/05 red w/white stripes, PC Chassis, heat/defrost, FFR 15's, pwr footbox vents, radio delete, dual quad 427W, 4 link w/3.27's, Koni's all around, Gen 1 rag top, snapless tonneau, Herb's door panels, NRC rear discs, Breeze head rest, ********** emblems, Paint by Gino's in Rowley, MA
    2011 ffcars.com calendar Cover Car Yes, that's me in the avatar with Dave Smith in front of my roadster at the '06 FFR Open House!

Master Builder
    Post Thanks / Like
    Where are the pictures for us East Coasters ?

Kenny

Post Thanks / Like
    David, Deb and I had a great time friday visiting with everyone and the wonderful food, and wanted to thank you and Lesa for your great hospitality. It just gets better every year and we really look forward to it.

thanks
    Mike
    FFR3321

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by first time builder View Post
    Where are the pictures for us East Coasters ?

Kenny
    Pictures for us West Coasters!
    When we say to our customers "if there is anything you need, please ask," we mean it.
    iWire Subaru Wiring Services
    Over 100 Custom 818 Wiring Harnesses Built
    http://www.iwireservices.com/factory...18-wiring-kits
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like
    Here are some photos: http://www.robscobra.com/images/hb2014/index.html

There are a few from David's house, a few of the drive down to Dana Pt. a few from the show. I didn't realize how few photos I took until downloading them. Next time!

I also have some GoPro video from the drive, which I'll put up as soon as I can.

David and Lisa were terrific hosts and did a great job with everything. Maria and I had a blast and really enjoyed meeting everybody.... what a nice bunch of people! It was an awesome weekend!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Just another great shout out to Dave and his entire family for a great time at his house. We left early and from what I understand, it poured rain sometime after (8:00PM?).
    I had just enough time to crop the pictures of Friday.

The first few photos are us leaving San Luis Obispo (we arrived there at around 10:00PM Thurs. night). We just finished eating at IHOP when it began to rain so our cars were not soggy but we got going and it rained a good 10-15 minutes before we got below the rain clouds:

https://hhong43.wixsite.com/snkvnnm-build
    FFR #4883: 347CID|CompCam Magnum 286HR|Vic. Jr. heads|Hurricane Intake | Mighty Demon 650DP|IRS w/Torsen T2 & 3.55 | MSD ignition system | Mallory pump/filter/reg.|Forgestar CF5 18" w/245-45R18 & 295-35R18|Original I-Squared 1+1 System ☺ ☺☺

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Once we got going, it was smooth sailing until John had a foot cramp!!! We were close to some beaches so we rested for 30 minutes and took some pics in the meantime:

We made good time, even on the 405, which at 1:00PM, wasn't very crowded, relatively speaking.
    FFR #4883: 347CID|CompCam Magnum 286HR|Vic. Jr. heads|Hurricane Intake | Mighty Demon 650DP|IRS w/Torsen T2 & 3.55 | MSD ignition system | Mallory pump/filter/reg.|Forgestar CF5 18" w/245-45R18 & 295-35R18|Original I-Squared 1+1 System ☺ ☺☺

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    After some rest at the hotel, me and Melinda made it to Daves. This time, I had a fully charged camera:

... continue on next reply...

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

.... continue on the next reply...

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

... continued on the next reply...

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

If I'm up to it, pics from HB2014 will appear, but likely on the HB Cruise-In Thread.

Again, thans again to Dave and family for a wonderful evening.

Post Thanks / Like
    Great photos, 289 - thanks!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Why the heck do I looked pissed off?!? I'm flippin' burgers, man!

Somebody give that guy a salad! oof!

FFR 5369 Pin Drive, IRS, Trigos, Torsen, Wilwoods, FMS BOSS 302 "B" cam , Mass-flo. CA SB100 (SPCN) Registered
    Delivered 4/23/06. "Finished" 4/2012 (still not done!)

Post Thanks / Like
    Oops, didn't see this was last years thread.
    Last edited by jayguy; 04-10-2015 at 12:57 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12