I noticed along the way on the various Forums there is a couple very nice Gen III hemi builds and an awesome looking 392 Chrysler build. I haven't seen anyone try a 426 and I'm the only Desoto build that I know of. I thought this engine and transmission thread might be a good place to share the trials and tribulations of putting a Chrysler in a ford that isn't really a ford...
So here is my offer... I have one example of almost every early hemi built by Chrysler setting in my garage. 270 Red Ram, 276 Desoto, 330 Desoto, 354 and 392 Chryslers. Until about May 2014 I can mock up any of the motors with stock valve covers if anyone wants to see how they sit in the frame. After that the build will be too far along to play with mock ups.
For general info:
1) I have written off the dodges due to lack of mounting options and tiny cylinder bores.
2) There is a number of viable reasons for using the 291 Desoto in this chassis
3) A 341 Desoto will look nice in this chassis its just heavier.
4) The 354 is the biggest "reasonable" form factor for this chassis.
5) The 392 requires lots of fabrication time
6) I would like to try an aluminum block Gen III for this chassis

So if anyone has been thinking about alternative engines I'm game for starting a discussion here. Transmission choices, carburation vs. FI vs. blowers, whatever fits the engine and tranny category.

Brian